Rumors!! "OC to be Decided Wednesday"

the Adventures of Ford Fairlane - sorta bad movie but has some great looking chicks and typical Dice humor...worth watching for those two....or not depending on your sense of humor.

Last edited:
Seems just like the move Butch made when he announced at his initial press conference...."We're going to hire THE BEST STAFF IN AMERICA"....and then proceeded to bring over his buddies from Cincinnati. That statement made everyone think Butch was really going to search high and low to bring in the most qualified group of assistants he could find. It also faked out Hart, into giving him a fat budget to do so.

Butch took that fat budget, intended to hire successful guys away from successful programs and instead he essentially gave his old assistants a fat raise, in the process.

Now, here we are, two years later, and he's making the same kind of move...hiring out of loyalty and repaying old debts... rather than earnestly pursuing the most qualified candidates. I don't care if I catch flak for this now. But the hiring of DeBord is nothing more than repaying an old coach (who has been out of work for 2yrs now and hasn't been an OC for 7yrs), who once helped him out...and it's got that Sal Sunseri vibe to it.

He is going to be so loyal, that it's going to end up risking the whole staff's jobs next season. I'm not saying I want to see Butch fired, but if we are back at 5-7 or 6-6 again, this year, then he deserves to get what Derek Dooley got, because he will have fared no better than Dooley, and making a foolish hire out of sheer cronyism, will have earned that for him.

14.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Seems just like the move Butch made when he announced at his initial press conference...."We're going to hire THE BEST STAFF IN AMERICA"....and then proceeded to bring over his buddies from Cincinnati. That statement made everyone think Butch was really going to search high and low to bring in the most qualified group of assistants he could find. It also faked out Hart, into giving him a fat budget to do so.

Butch took that fat budget, intended to hire successful guys away from successful programs and instead he essentially gave his old assistants a fat raise, in the process.

Now, here we are, two years later, and he's making the same kind of move...hiring out of loyalty and repaying old debts... rather than earnestly pursuing the most qualified candidates. I don't care if I catch flak for this now. But the hiring of DeBord is nothing more than repaying an old coach (who has been out of work for 2yrs now and hasn't been an OC for 7yrs), who once helped him out...and it's got that Sal Sunseri vibe to it.

He is going to be so loyal, that it's going to end up risking the whole staff's jobs next season. I'm not saying I want to see Butch fired, but if we are back at 5-7 or 6-6 again, this year, then he deserves to get what Derek Dooley got, because he will have fared no better than Dooley, and making a foolish hire out of sheer cronyism, will have earned that for him.

Wtmf?? Got some serious CBJ dislike there don't ya Nuttin? Let go of that "best staff in America" throw away line at his introductory presser and I bet you'll feel a little better.

Reactions: 1 person
Wtmf?? Got some serious CBJ dislike there don't ya Nuttin? Let go of that "best staff in America" throw away line at his introductory presser and I bet you'll feel a little better.

It's all he has KB...don't take that away from him. :sad:

VN Store

Back