Salute To The USU Faithful

Ah, well clearly I am out of touch, and these days the proper response to folks who spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars to fly to Knoxville to watch their team lose is tell them to go F themselves. I must have missed the part where we are all supposed to act like dicks. Carry on. Sorrry Utah State folks; hope you enjoyed East Tennessee.

I guess we must act like bama fans.
Class is overrated.

Reactions: 10 people
We embarrassed them on the field. That's plenty. No point in being a toddler and rubbing it in, we already did that via the scoreboard

Reactions: 6 people
Hey now. We Aggie fans didn't come a long way for nothin. We got our asses handed to us but like your fans, most of us don't talk ****. Besides a few drunken frat boys I have never been treated better at every corner we turned then here in Knoxville. Tennessee fans are first class and know how to feed and get us out of towners drunk. I guarantee not a single Aggie fan here talked smack to anyone and in return your fans were amazing. Good luck the rest of the season. Get some good wins so we don't look so bad

Reactions: 60 people
Hey now. We Aggie fans didn't come a long way for nothin. We got our asses handed to us but like your fans, most of us don't talk ****. Besides a few drunken frat boys I have never been treated better at every corner we turned then here in Knoxville. Tennessee fans are first class and know how to feed and get us out of towners drunk. I guarantee not a single Aggie fan here talked smack to anyone and in return your fans were amazing. Good luck the rest of the season. Get some good wins so we don't look so bad

I'm glad you had a good time regardless of the score of the game...We know what blowout losses feel like around here as well...We've had plenty over the past 5 or 6 years...The next team you play you'll blowout and this game will be a distant memory...Good luck the rest of the season.

I'm glad the USU faithful got to enjoy the atmosphere and hospitality of Knoxville.

Sorry the internet message boards are so full of punk b!tches.

Reactions: 17 people
I think their fans were overwhelmed by everthing... Vol walk. Stadium atmosphere and complete breakdown on the field

Reactions: 1 person
I appreciate the Aggie fans that came to support their team, and I hope that your trip was fun, nonetheless. Sorry about the horrible weather- although it could have and has been a lot worse. I hope that you were well-treated and will come back to visit sometime. I know that we were predicted to lose this game, but I'm not sure that most outsiders understand the voracious hunger that the team and the fans have for a winning season. The last 5 or so years have been difficult and this pent-up frustration was bound to come out. The freshman on our team know nothing of the losing mentality that was instilled by former coaches ( the last 2) but they have been made aware. Anyhow, I hope that the rest of your season is highly successful.

I appreciate the Aggie fans that came to support their team, and I hope that your trip was fun, nonetheless. Sorry about the horrible weather- although it could have and has been a lot worse. I hope that you were well-treated and will come back to visit sometime. I know that we were predicted to lose this game, but I'm not sure that most outsiders understand the voracious hunger that the team and the fans have for a winning season. The last 5 or so years have been difficult and this pent-up frustration was bound to come out. The freshman on our team know nothing of the losing mentality that was instilled by former coaches ( the last 2) but they have been made aware. Anyhow, I hope that the rest of your season is highly successful.

Great post. We've been wandering in the wilderness for far too long, and until you've gone through this, you'll never understand how hungry we are.

It does seem like there's a chunk of members here who don't know how to behave to our guests. Either they weren't brought up right, or it's been so long that they've forgotten how.

Like the saying goes: Act like you've been here before, and like you expect to be here again. :zeitung_lesen:

(note: this might not apply to when we beat Bama :crazy:)

Reactions: 5 people
Once upon a time Tennessee had a reputation as one of the most respectful fanbases anywhere. It's too bad to see so many people embracing the Anonymous Internet *****wad role. I hope none of y'all were sh*thead enough to treat our visitors from Utah like this in person this weekend.

Says Who??

Just curious what poll your reading. lol
I agree with your statement....but some opposing fans make their own bed and have to lay in it.

Most save trash talk for when they are really drunk or behind the safety of a qwerty keyboard

Reactions: 2 people
Did a lot of posts get removed from this thread, or are a few people getting all sanctimonious about how we should be treating opposing fans for no reason? Serious question.

Did a lot of posts get removed from this thread, or are a few people getting all sanctimonious about how we should be treating opposing fans for no reason? Serious question.

It's sanctimony.

It shows your opponent and their fanbase no respect to gently pat them on their head and send them kindly on their way. I'd be insulted if the Bammers treated us that way. That simply means your opponent thinks you aren't in their league. It's patronizing, and has no place in the tradition of great college football rivalries. Sure, treat Austin Peay fans that way but since Utah State wants to play with the big boys, they deserve the simple respect of our collective ire (within reason obviously).

So let me be the first to say, and I mean this as a sign of respect to a well coached team that played really hard,

I DON"T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THE WHOLE STATE OF UTAH!!!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqOpdgd0bX8[/youtube]

Great post. We've been wandering in the wilderness for far too long, and until you've gone through this, you'll never understand how hungry we are.

It does seem like there's a chunk of members here who don't know how to behave to our guests. Either they weren't brought up right, or it's been so long that they've forgotten how.

Like the saying goes: Act like you've been here before, and like you expect to be here again. :zeitung_lesen:

(note: this might not apply to when we beat Bama :crazy:)

"Act like you've been here before, and like you expect to be here again"

This says it all. We're Tennessee fer crissakes. Quit acting like Vandy.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back