Salute To The USU Faithful

JMO, but I would learn to ignore those kinds of posts from our fans or anyone else's. That's knda my whole point....

Kind of one sided discipline...would you be on here preaching to USU fans to "act like you've been here before...when you haven't"?...if some of their prognostications had borne fruit?...or would you have bided your time bemoaning the downfall of our program and speculating on the timetable of replacing our outclassed coaching staff?... hint hint...not the first one. :shhh:

Reactions: 3 people
I'm all about being friendly to fans, and I was very respectful the USU fans I encountered, but when we're talking message board banter, they were ruthless.

At one point I saw a position by position advantage breakdown on their board. They gave USU advantage to QB, RB's, line play, pretty much everything but DB's. But the thing that pissed me off was when they said "linebackers" they posted a laughing face, like saying our linebackers are a joke compared to theirs. Like it said

QB: advantage USU

RB: advantage USU

LB's: :lol:

D-line: advantage USU

That annoyed me. Their linebackers were weak and would be lucky to make our second string. Their whole team was weak actually.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I'm all about being friendly to fans, and I was very respectful the USU fans I encountered, but when we're talking message board banter, they were ruthless.

At one point I saw a position by position advantage breakdown on their board. They gave USU advantage to QB, RB's, line play, pretty much everything but DB's. But the thing that pissed me off was when they said "linebackers" they posted a laughing face, like saying our linebackers are a joke compared to theirs. Like it said

That annoyed me. Their linebackers were weak and would be lucky to make our second string. Their whole team was weak actually.

Be careful, PineyBluff will call you classless, 3rd class white trash if you don't offer to lick USU's shoes on their way out of town.

Reactions: 5 people
I think their fans were overwhelmed by everthing... Vol walk. Stadium atmosphere and complete breakdown on the field

The guy sitting behind me talked about how he went to USC last year and they had 106k at their game. He acted like Neyland was no big deal. I find it hard to believe SC fills their stadium and makes noise.

The guy sitting behind me talked about how he went to USC last year and they had 106k at their game. He acted like Neyland was no big deal. I find it hard to believe SC fills their stadium and makes noise.

Considering their capacity since 2007 has been 93,607?

Reactions: 1 person
Time will tell just how good (or bad) USU is and how much progress UT has made (or hasn't). Difficult to tell after 1 game but I suspect USU is not as good as they/ESPN thought and UT has made some big steps forward.

He must have been really old and confused "last year" with the 1947 USC-Notre Dame game he attended.

1. 104,953 — vs. Notre Dame 1947 (USC home game; Highest attendance for a football game in the Coliseum)

Their stadium holds about 94,000. He's an idiot.

Be careful, PineyBluff will call you classless, 3rd class white trash if you don't offer to lick USU's shoes on their way out of town.
Hey, I call them the way I see them. Have a little class is all I'm saying. The persona of the dumb a$$ hillbilly of Tennessee doesn't need to be expounded.
No, Orange-Crush, I am not calling you 3rd class white trash or dumb a$$ hillbilly. Just have a little more compassion for someone who just got the life beat out of them.

Hey, I call them the way I see them. Have a little class is all I'm saying. The persona of the dumb a$$ hillbilly of Tennessee doesn't need to be expounded.
No, Orange-Crush, I am not calling you 3rd class white trash or dumb a$$ hillbilly. Just have a little more compassion for someone who just got the life beat out of them.

Their team got outplayed and outscored....as far as I know, no Aggie fan was physically harmed in the filming of this domination. :angel:

I asked two of the USU fans how there experience was. They said they had a nice time just one little incident . He was trying to take a picture of the team while in the student section,and someone made a comment to him . But he said his buddy made a apology , and he probably made a bad move going in there. LOL I think the enjoyed everything but the outcome. Thanks good enough for me.GBO

Last edited:
Their team got outplayed and outscored....as far as I know, no Aggie fan was physically harmed in the filming of this domination. :angel:

pretty sure Chuckie is being haunted by dreadlocks in his sleep. does that count?

It must be tough not even scratching at the oft realized moral victory.

Anytime a six time national championship winning program and 13 time conference champion in the SEC can trash talk a .500 program from the Mountain West, you gots to do it

I love when fans bring up a six time national championship. You seriously think a 1967 National Championship awarded by Litkenhous counts. C'mon.

i feel like we should at least buy them breakfast after what we did to them last night

Reactions: 2 people
Why not? If that's the criteria that labeled you as a national championship team, why doesn't it count?

Unless your argument is "There were no national champions back then"

Because I had never even heard of this supposed National Championship until the stadium renovations that shows the years we won national championships on the "ring of honor" or whatever we call it.

1938, 1939, 1950 will get no argument from me, but 1967 seems like saying we should get one for a year that we really didn't deserve it.

Tennessee has always had a reputation of having welcoming, respectful fans. Thanks for crapping on it.

So I was simply quoting a movie....where 2 cocky foes have fought and one has lost a family member and the other has nothing better to say to each other than, "Well...bye." And some how I am being disrespectful?

Then 2 posts down this is posted:

Thanks to all the Aggies who made the trip. Hope you had a great time. If you're looking for a good movie on the plane ride back . . .

Realitybitesposter.jpg

And I was being the disrespectful one :dunno:
You crapped on the wrong Vol man.

Thanks USU fans. I hope my experience in Norman is similar to how many of the USU fans' experiences were.

I'd like to take the time and eat a little crow. I know I didn't talk smack like some, but I did think Utah State would win.

You guys outplayed us in all three phases last night. The grit and determination we usually show as the underdog was also firmly in your mindset last night and definitely not ours. I hope Tennessee has a great season. The future definitely looks bright with all those freshmen out there! Help us make this loss look a little more understandable by winning 10 games, please!

Thanks to all the great UT fans. I didn't go to Knoxville (I wish), but those that did said they were treated well and would love to go back. I hope by the end of the season you can look at our team and say that this was a big victory over a 10+ win team.

God bless and enjoy the season.

Reactions: 15 people

VN Store

Back