"SC Wins Tomorrow" - Tony Morrell

If we played 10 times, Vols would win at least 8. So SC does have a chance...just as PSU had a chance against Bucks last week. So it is not out of the realm of possibility. That said, I think Vols would have to have like 3 more turnovers than USCe and give up a TD in the return game.

Do the Vols have talent to embarrass SC, probably not, but should have enough talent to win a very close game.
Being an SEC road game, the Vols had better come to play or they will get beat by a more determined SC squad......how much do the Vols want this game?

The Vols have the talent to embarrass USCe. The back side of UT's schedule is extremely weak to include USCe.

Reactions: 2 people
Muschump is not in Butch's head.

Two years ago, we lost because finally, in the late 3rd quarter, Muschump put in a QB who could at least do something. That he let Jeff Driskell play so long, even later in the season, just shows what a bad offensive coach he is. My phone was blowing up the whole game with texts from my Vol buddy and we were LOAO at just how stupid Muschump was.

But he finally wised up, and we lost, unfortunately, but the Worley fumble also hurt. Without that we still win IMO.

In previous years, we just had not closed the talent gap yet. I will add that starting Peterson on the road in the swamp without him ever having a single down of college experience was stupid, but that's not because Muschump was "in Butch's head."

The last time we actually beat SC by a comfortable margin was 09 when Kiffin was HC. Even some of Fulmer's good teams struggled to beat SC by a lot of points. I think it is a tough game for three quarters and UT pulls away in the 4th winning by 10-12 PTS. It is hard to go out on limb and say we win by multiple scores based on how we have performed early in previous games. This would be a great game to come out and be clicking though.

A few things here.
1) Muschamp is not in Butch's head...he lost to him twice...the first time of which was with one of the worst Tennessee team's I ever remember seeing (thanks Dooley)
2) I get that the Bama game was rough, but we have gone from #WGWTFA against TAMU and Bama to "I hope we show up against USCe". We have multiple people coming back from injury and this team is going to have a point to prove regarding where they stand in the college football landscape
3) Can we stop talking about how the SC games have been close recently? A bunch of the recent games (exception being last year) we over performed against a more talented SC team. The last 2 years were close, but this will be SCs 3rd coach in the last 3 times we've played them so I wouldn't make too many conclusions based off what you have seen the past few years

Reactions: 1 person
Do the Vols have talent to embarrass SC, probably not, but should have enough talent to win a very close game.
Being an SEC road game, the Vols had better come to play or they will get beat by a more determined SC squad......how much do the Vols want this game?

Vols absolutely have the talent to embarrass USCe. The talent disparity between these two teams is large, even with UT's injuries. The question is whether UT will come to play from the kickoff. If they do, then a 34-17 or 41-17 score is entirely possible. If they start slow, then it will prob be close till the 4th.

Muschump is not in Butch's head.

Two years ago, we lost because finally, in the late 3rd quarter, Muschump put in a QB who could at least do something. That he let Jeff Driskell play so long, even later in the season, just shows what a bad offensive coach he is. My phone was blowing up the whole game with texts from my Vol buddy and we were LOAO at just how stupid Muschump was.

Reactions: 2 people
I know, I know... Who's Tony Morrell? SC's 247 writer.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on his thoughts, VN? I have two:

1) Muschamp has owned Butch. Some will say Florida has owned him... fair enough, but even Muschamp's crappy FL teams beat us.

2) This is all about recovery from AL, and focus on execution, in my opinion. We have several "easy to overlook" teams coming up, starting with SC, coached by a guy who just might be in Butch's head. Do we have the talent to embarrass them? Yes. This is a bigger game than it seems, IMO.

Five Keys to Victory - Tennessee

It is a divisional opponent. We play them every year. That makes it big enough. If you overlook that, you don't deserve to win. And anyone who expects South Carolina to just bend over and take a paddling doesn't deserve to win either.

The Dooley years are still too fresh in memory to overlook anyone. Suit up, strap up tight, and dominate all night long. That is the only thought worth thinking going forward.

Can we get an early lead and maintain it to victory? That's all I'm looking forward to seeing.

He is a 247 SC writer... he is hoping or calling game with his heart.

I'd pick them to win if I got paid to write for their 247 site also.

I read his article. It sounded like more wishful thinking than prediction to me.

He kind of reminded me of how I used to optimistically look at our games during the Dooley years. If, and, but, maybe the breaks go our way, we get the calls, keep it a 1 score game until the 4th quarter, and then we get a turnover we can totally win ! ! !

I don't care if they score late in garbage time to cover the spread, but the chickens are not on our talent level. Don't forget they're still an SEC team, show up to play accordingly, Vols with a two score lead in the 4th.

If anything Muschamp has placed good defenses on the field. If I am remembering right, our WRs were not helping Dobbs in those games. If the WRs/RBs and Dobbs are clicking.......UT wins by 10-12 points. Only because Vegas is giving SC 13.5, UT will win by a point less. Those Vegas guys are smarter than everyone.

GBO!!

SC blows..if they even make it a close game there are a lot of problems with the coaching staff at UT.

SC made it a close game with TX A&M, 24-13, in Columbia. Granted A&M was without 2-3 key players, but we will be without even more. It would not surprise me at all if this game is fairly close.

its a night game in Williams Brice, so its going to be loud, ill give them that, they may pack the place, i know they hate us....I dont think it wil be close though, my wife said "y'all gone monkey stomp them" so im with her.

Vols win big....

scar is starting a freshman QB.

5* and a coaches son, he has the potential, made some plays last week where guys just weren't making catches for him......

(he was a package deal for his dad to get the coaching job i think)

But the kid has upside.....

VN Store

Back