"SC Wins Tomorrow" - Tony Morrell

I'd pick them to win if I got paid to write for their 247 site also.

I read his article. It sounded like more wishful thinking than prediction to me.

He kind of reminded me of how I used to optimistically look at our games during the Dooley years. If, and, but, maybe the breaks go our way, we get the calls, keep it a 1 score game until the 4th quarter, and then we get a turnover we can totally win ! ! !

I don't care if they score late in garbage time to cover the spread, but the chickens are not on our talent level. Don't forget they're still an SEC team, show up to play accordingly, Vols with a two score lead in the 4th.
Yeah he is just being a homer so fans will read more of his crap.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not saying we lose but Muschamp did beat UT with horrible offenses. I know that Florida had better talent on defense bit not by much.

Game may be close.

its a night game in Williams Brice, so its going to be loud, ill give them that, they may pack the place, i know they hate us....I dont think it wil be close though, my wife said "y'all gone monkey stomp them" so im with her.

Vols win big....

Are you with a woman that said "y'all gone monkey stomp them"? :eek:lol: I cant wait to see what a monkey stomp is.

The Vols have the talent to embarrass USCe. The back side of UT's schedule is extremely weak to include USCe.

Obviously, I agree. Nobody left on our schedule should stay within 17 points of Tennessee IMO.

1) Muschamp has owned Butch. Some will say Florida has owned him... fair enough, but even Muschamp's crappy FL teams beat us.

Mushchamps crappy Fl team was barely better than Butch's crappy team Dooley left him, big difference tomorrow.

UT by 14 or more. UT is much better team than SC. If you did not see the game, ECU vs SC is good example. ECU run up/down the field at will, with turnover(S) in the end zone, wheel stifling the SC offense. We are much better, 14 or more.

I have seen no evidence this season to suggest we will run away with this game. I see another close, hit mess of a game. I hope I'm wrong, but outside of a few second half performances, we have looked bad. Sometimes really bad.

I see the vols winning by around 3 pts in an ugly game.

UT by 14 or more. UT is much better team than SC. If you did not see the game, ECU vs SC is good example. ECU run up/down the field at will, with turnover(S) in the end zone, wheel stifling the SC offense. We are much better, 14 or more.

Well lets hope our D is a little better than a (2-5) ECU team. But agreed looks like ECU had 2 picks and 2 fumbles, and SC won 20-15. Bottom line, SC should not be able to "take" this game from us. We have to "give" it to them.

I know, I know... Who's Tony Morrell? SC's 247 writer.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on his thoughts, VN? I have two:

1) Muschamp has owned Butch. Some will say Florida has owned him... fair enough, but even Muschamp's crappy FL teams beat us.

2) This is all about recovery from AL, and focus on execution, in my opinion. We have several "easy to overlook" teams coming up, starting with SC, coached by a guy who just might be in Butch's head. Do we have the talent to embarrass them? Yes. This is a bigger game than it seems, IMO.

Five Keys to Victory - Tennessee

Pinch your wee wee. Hard.

SC made it a close game with TX A&M, 24-13, in Columbia. Granted A&M was without 2-3 key players, but we will be without even more. It would not surprise me at all if this game is fairly close.

A&M could've been looking ahead as well.

A true freshman QB playing well against UMass is not in the same stratosphere as what he's going to see tomorrow. I think the D-line will dominate and Derek Barnett will continue his SEC D player of the year campaign. Kid is about to get a reality check.

supposedly we have guys coming back...we'll see, but, even if some don't, there's no way SC will beat us tomorrow...just no freakin' way...just don't believe it...:rock:

GO VOLS...BEAT GAMECOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A true freshman QB playing well against UMass is not in the same stratosphere as what he's going to see tomorrow. I think the D-line will dominate and Derek Barnett will continue his SEC D player of the year campaign. Kid is about to get a reality check.

That's what I'll be watching to see as well. The kid seemed really emotional, wonder how he reacts if he throws some picks and take some shots. Hopefully be hearing Barnett behind him even when he's not on the field.

VN Store

Back