SDS ranks the SEC coaches????

Please stop apologizing for what you aren't able to comprehend. The old BCS was the most unfair system in all of sports. A #1 vs #2 matchup was usually nothing more than a popularity contest of who the media anointed as the two best teams. Until there is a playoff with all of the major conference champions represented, we win have noting more than a MNC.

Maybe I went too far gunner. I apologize for that. I agree with your post to an extent. There are some years, like I stated, this system is crap. Most times, however, they get it right (the two teams that played the best in the regular season)

Now I was really in disagreement with your SEC is the best championship on the planet. We must agree to disagree. And I simply will say so. Nothing felt better than 1998 when we stopped Florida State for the last time, and we got to hoist up the crystal ball, and gain the first national championship for our school in over 35 years.

I am not that old, but knowing some of the ways the national championships went in the old days (20s and all the way up to 97) it was not fair. And to some extent I agree with you that we need some way to get all undefeated teams in (say Hawaii, Auburn Boise State, Utah, and those undefeated teams a shot)

However, the BCS has given some type of closure, and I doubt we ever in our lifetime see a time when all conferences are involved in this thing (hopefully I am wrong) but a 4 team playoff is at least better and we might start seeing the undefeated Boise States, Utahs, etc.

Its a new brand gunner, and I sincerely don't see it ever getting fixed within our lifetime to see what would then be a 16 team playoff, and even an 8 team playoff would be around the 20 year mark.

Maybe I went too far gunner. I apologize for that. I agree with your post to an extent. There are some years, like I stated, this system is crap. Most times, however, they get it right (the two teams that played the best in the regular season)

Now I was really in disagreement with your SEC is the best championship on the planet. We must agree to disagree. And I simply will say so. Nothing felt better than 1998 when we stopped Florida State for the last time, and we got to hoist up the crystal ball, and gain the first national championship for our school in over 35 years.

I am not that old, but knowing some of the ways the national championships went in the old days (20s and all the way up to 97) it was not fair. And to some extent I agree with you that we need some way to get all undefeated teams in (say Hawaii, Auburn Boise State, Utah, and those undefeated teams a shot)

However, the BCS has given some type of closure, and I doubt we ever in our lifetime see a time when all conferences are involved in this thing (hopefully I am wrong) but a 4 team playoff is at least better and we might start seeing the undefeated Boise States, Utahs, etc.

Its a new brand gunner, and I sincerely don't see it ever getting fixed within our lifetime to see what would then be a 16 team playoff, and even an 8 team playoff would be around the 20 year mark.

BCS titles are nice, but a team should never qualify to play for one without winning their conference title first and that happened more than once in the old system.

In 1998 I was extremely proud that UT won the first BCS title. But, do I think UT was the best team in college football that season. I'm not really sure they had a lot of luck all season to go 13-0.

The SEC is by far the toughest conference in college football. Hence, the best championship on the planet.

BCS titles are nice, but a team should never qualify to play for one without winning their conference title first and that happened more than once in the old system.

In 1998 I was extremely proud that UT won the first BCS title. But, do I think UT was the best team in college football that season. I'm not really sure they had a lot of luck all season to go 13-0.

The SEC is by far the toughest conference in college football. Hence, the best championship on the planet.

UT played an FSU team QB'd by Marcus Outzen. Yeah, no luck at all...

UT played an FSU team QB'd by Marcus Outzen. Yeah, no luck at all...

Tennessee had a lot of luck to escape the carrier dome with a victory against the Donovan McNabb team too. We almost lost it all in game number 1.

Do you remember Collins Cooper? I was going nuts:

Actually, just watch this video. You will see that 1998 was a year full of luck, just like every championship team endures.

And what about Arkansas? That was a lot of scariness.

There was a lot of dominance however :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0lh6zq35RY

Last edited:

VN Store

Back