SDS ranks the SEC coaches????

Excuse me, an SEC team but you already knew that.

SEC champs owned the BCS years which even a writer from Bama would concede.

Absolutely true. But that doesn't mean the SEC title eclipses the NC. It simply means that winning the SEC is more significant than winning any other conference.

Resorting to an ad hominem type of attack is generally the most sure sign that you're losing an arguement on merit.

I like insulting a Bama troll, but I will cut you a bit of slack because you say your a fellow Vol.

As for the argument, there isn't one, I don't argue with inferior intellect.

I like insulting a Bama troll, but I will cut you a bit of slack because you say your a fellow Vol.

As for the argument, there isn't one, I don't argue with inferior intellect.

You've been arguing, you just haven't been doing so while making a rational case for your position. That's probably because you can't.

All this being said, I want the NC just like LSU did in 2011 but they got robbed when there first game was invalidated.

What is painfully absurd is some Bama fan camped out on a Tennessee board.

I can feel their pain, I would not be happy if UT in that scenario instead of LSU. The old system had major flaws, that's why it is being changed, and why I refer to it as a mythical national championship. Until there is at least an 8 team playoff it's not a fair system.

Reactions: 1 person
Forrest Gump won as many consensus titles while at Bama as Tennessee has won in their entire history. Ouch.

Didn't he have a 80 IQ?

Oh, and for your information, since UT beat Bama in 1982, Bama and UT have won the same number of SEC Titles. UT won SEC titles in 1985, 1989, 1990, 1997, and 1998.

UT won back to back titles twice and Bama has not during that time frame.

UT is also the last team in the SEC to repeat as SEC Champ.

Last edited:
Didn't he have a 80 IQ?

Oh, and for your information, since UT beat Bama in 1982, Bama and UT have won the same number of SEC Titles. UT won SEC titles in 1985, 1989, 1990, 1997, and 1998.

UT won back to back titles twice and Bama has not during that time frame.

UT is also the last team in the SEC to repeat as SEC Champ.

And Alabama won 4 national championships while UT won one, including back-to-back titles in '11 & '12. If winning the SEC is so much tougher than the NC, why'd UT only manage one national title during their halcyon days?

Have you been paying attention? The old system to win the NC or BCS title had major flaws it's mythical, nothing more than a popularity contest to get voted as the champ or to get into the BCS title game. That hardware is nice to have but the SEC title is won on the field not by voting media hacks or computer program.

If Bama is so great why haven't they been able to repeat as SEC champs once since Bear died, and UT has done it twice?

Reactions: 2 people
Have you been paying attention? The old system to win the NC or BCS title had major flaws it's mythical, nothing more than a popularity contest to get voted as the champ or to get into the BCS title game. That hardware is nice to have but the SEC title is won on the field not by voting media hacks or computer program.

If Bama is so great why haven't they been able to repeat as SEC champs once since Bear died, and UT has done it twice?

So, the '99 Bama team that lost to Louisiana Tech accomplished more than the '99 FSU team that won the NC?

If, like me, you think not, can you reconcile that answer with your "SEC is the greatest championship in sports" position?

So, the '99 Bama team that lost to Louisiana Tech accomplished more than the '99 FSU team that won the NC?

If, like me, you think not, can you reconcile that answer with your "SEC is the greatest championship in sports" position?

Just answer my question, why can't Bama repeat?

Just answer my question, why can't Bama repeat?

For the same reason no one has repeated since '98. The SEC has an impressive level of parity.

I've answered your question, so I'd appreciate an answer to mine: Greater accomplishment in '99, Bama or FSU?

For the same reason no one has repeated since '98. The SEC has an impressive level of parity.

I've answered your question, so I'd appreciate an answer to mine: Greater accomplishment in '99, Bama or FSU?

You just proved my point, it's easier to win a NC than it is to win a SEC title, much less repeat as SEC Chanp.

As for your question, I don't see the relevance. It's not relevant to the discussion. This is a discussion about who the best coach is in the SEC, if it were Saban he could repeat as SEC Champ.

It's my position that it's easier to win a NC under the old system than an SEC Title. I think I have clearly proved my position.

You just proved my point, it's easier to win a NC than it is to win a SEC title, much less repeat as SEC Chanp.

Wait, what? A three loss Bama team won the SEC after losing to La Tech. How is that more difficult than say, going unbeaten in the ACC and beating the unbeaten Big East champ for the national title?

As for your question, I don't see the relevance. It's not relevant to the discussion. This is a discussion about who the best coach is in the SEC, if it were Saban he could repeat as SEC Champ.

It's my position that it's easier to win a NC under the old system than an SEC Title. I think I have clearly proved my position.

My question was meant to get clarification on your opinion. If you feel like you've proved your point, the answer should have been easy and obvious. Why avoid the question?

Who cares about eons ago. Tenn has sucked the last 4 years. That's the only stat i care about comparing with bama

Very few times has a team won a Natty with out some luck. Clint Stoerner anyone? The luck arguement is weak.

Not it is not. As I recall, we were unbeaten and went 13-0. Bama lost in each of the last two titles they won. Had saban had one loss teams in 2002 or 2004, he would not have went. Do you not understand that?!!!!!!!! Jeez....some of you are thick.

Not it is not. As I recall, we were unbeaten and went 13-0. Bama lost in each of the last two titles they won. Had saban had one loss teams in 2002 or 2004, he would not have went. Do you not understand that?!!!!!!!! Jeez....some of you are thick.

Either way, the national title game has featured a one loss team way more often than not. And even in '04 when it was between undefeated teams, USC and OU had to good fortune of being ranked #1 and #2 preseason so that AU didn't get in. Luck plays into it just about every year.

Last edited:
Because the National Championship is a myth, qualifying for the game means the teams that get there won a popularity contest.

The SEC championship is won on the field, the SEC is easily the best conference in the country. Therefore, it's the best title in the land. The NC is a myth at best in college football.

So the national championship that UT won means nothing? It is a big myth. Sorry but your statement is one of the most convoluted, misinformed and simply dumbest attempt at reason I have ever seen.

So I am curious, FSU beat the SEC champ AU. But that title game is a myth and AU is the real champ right?

So the national championship that UT won means nothing? It is a big myth. Sorry but your statement is one of the most convoluted, misinformed and simply dumbest attempt at reason I have ever seen.

So I am curious, FSU beat the SEC champ AU. But that title game is a myth and AU is the real champ right?

The o/p is correct that the ncaa football championship except for the fcs division and lower is in fact mythical and not recognized officially by the ncaa. The AP,UP,BCS titles were just that but were not NCAA recognized.

Why don't you smart guys google "mythical national championship" for a quick history lesson. Jeeeeeez.,..,

Last edited:
The o/p is correct that the ncaa football championship except for the fcs division and lower is in fact mythical and not recognized officially by the ncaa. The AP,UP,BCS titles were just that but were not NCAA recognized.

Why don't you smart guys google "mythical national championship" for a quick history lesson. Jeeeeeez.,..,

The NCAA might not, but the 120+ schools who make up the FBS and agreed to the system absolutely do.

So all national championships are mythical? So the NCAA doesn't recognize UT's 1998 national championship? Or Nebraska's back to back titles? Or the 2001 Miami championship? So what championships ARE recognized?

My God. So only conference championships are real. Well I ask the question again: why are coaches main goals to win national championships? Please give a rational answer to this question.

Your position about Bamas mythical championships may be valid but not every title is mythical
The Definitive List Of Actual, No-Bull**** College Football National Champions; Or, Why Alabama Is A Liar

Last edited:
So all national championships are mythical? So the NCAA doesn't recognize UT's 1998 national championship? Or Nebraska's back to back titles? Or the 2001 Miami championship? So what championships ARE recognized?

My God. So only conference championships are real. Well I ask the question again: why are coaches main goals to win national championships? Please give a rational answer to this question.

Your position about Bamas mythical championships may be valid but not every title is mythical
The Definitive List Of Actual, No-Bull**** College Football National Champions; Or, Why Alabama Is A Liar

The o/p made a factual comment about the NCAA not recognizing national championships in football. Don't get so upset. You and bama man are wrong and he is right.

Where does it say all coaches main goal is to win the national championship? Coach dickey said when he was at ut the goal was to win the sec. National championship never entered the equation.

Where does it say all coaches main goal is to win the national championship?

Most major conference coaches have bonuses for winning the NC built into their contracts. If winning the NC isn't the main goal, then those coaches should fire their agents, because they're leaving money on the table that should be allocated elsewhere.

Coach dickey said when he was at ut the goal was to win the sec. National championship never entered the equation.

That might explain why Dickey never won a national championship.

VN Store

Back