Shaq Wiggins to Rocky Top!

This is a big pick up. It really adds to the depth in the Defensive backfield, and after last year we all know too well how important that is! Wellcome aboard Mr. Wiggins!

Reactions: 1 person
Not trying to knock the guy or the excitement but one would think that if he's an impact type of player he would be entering the draft after being in college for 4 years.

He was injured last year.

He will be a starter. He isn't coming here to sit. Kid is a baller.

Totally agree, as a kid, you don't grad x-fer a final season into a program where it's a tossup whether or not you are going to play. As a program you don't let a youngster come in to your program as a one year grad x-fer unless you are sure he's going to play. If he doesn't play you'll never get another one. Besides our DB coach is a former ACC guy he knows this young man and signed off on this. I'm good with it! Fires are being lit under Vol CB butts tonight in KTown.

Yes indeed we now have some coaches that can really coach we the fans won't know how to act coming out of halftime with adjustment being made we haven't seen none around here in 7 or 8 years we won't know how to act.:clapping:
:good!:I love ya' Terry P, but you must've forgotten Shoop's very effective adjustments last season versus VT and against the gayduh's. DeBord's offenses poured out the points after halftime in both those games, as well. During the UGA game, despite the (not known about then) controversy going on with our (then) starting rb, UT kept pouring on the points, despite the miracles the dawgs kept pulling off. Butch's time management was uncharacteristically marvelous, too... maybe indicating his own curve-climbing tenacity. Taking those survivors of last season's injury blitzkrieg and heartbreaks, and considering better depth and even better coaching-up, those adjustments, should, indeed, both appear to be and will in reality be much better. I agree with you. This nicely upgraded brain-trust under Butch's command has got to be more solid than 99% of those in CFB. Hey, ol' buddy, ever try punctuatin' on these posts? Keep up the good work, fellow VFL.:salute:

If he is fully recovered from his injuries then that is a major league boom!

Our biggest concerns going into next season were DT, CB, WR2-4 and QB. At this time, all of them are looking a lot better than they were a few months back.

We have at least 2 very capable QBs. And for those of you who weren't aware, S. Jones was throwing with a very sore ribcage, so don't rule him out either.

Calloway and L. Williams are looking very good, along with Byrd and perhaps if Josh Smith and/or Brandon J. fully recover... that should take some of the load off Jennings. In addition, Larry Scott seems more inclined to include TEs in passing game.

Picou has made huge gains and steps and should be part of the regular rotation at DT. I am also getting a good vibe that K-Mack is progressing along nicely. We just need to get Alexis J. in shape and Shy & Vickers back.

And now we have perhaps a #1 or 2 CB.

Now we just need a little more RB depth.

Things are looking up on Rocky Top! Full throttle on the Sunshine Pumping Machine!

He was second team all ACC in 2015 maybe with how strong this years DB's are in the draft they say this is the best DB class every saying you could get a first round grade in round 3 this year next years class won't be as strong and with a good year he might shoot up the charts.:clapping:

Yes indeed we now have some coaches that can really coach we the fans won't know how to act coming out of halftime with adjustment being made we haven't seen none around here in 7 or 8 years we won't know how to act.:clapping:

On paper there is plenty of talent and now with a COACH that can coach we might cover somebody going over the middle or going deep this team was starving for coaching the last couple of years there was always talent there but nobody to coach them up.:clapping:

TP, punctuation is your friend.

Reactions: 3 people
I felt that coaching changes hurt us in the last recruiting cycle, with very little time to build relationships. I thought CBJ and staff did well considering the large number of changes. With the new coaches it seems we are again attracting top talent. If our season is good we may be back in the top 5 in recruiting.

VN Store

Back