So no fire Bajakian thread tonight?

It's no skin off my back. I'm not, nor have I ever, called for firing Butch. If next year looks like this year, that will take care of itself. I think the rest of us are tired of the silver lining threads after another loss. It's like we accomplished something after losing by 14 points. That attitude is embarrassing.

I think seeing the offense show a little life gives the optimists hope. Stinks that the D took the first Q off.

Losing isn't fun but it appears to be progress. Nothing wrong with taking away positives from a loss.

I thought the offense sucks. I thought this offense wouldn't work in the SEC. I thought Bajakian couldn't coach. What happened to Butch doesn't know what he's doing? Where are all those people ready to run off our coaches when we lost to Ole Miss?

I'd be careful poking that bear. Plenty to question. And this season has proven they damn sure better recruit dt QB's to make it productive.

Reactions: 1 person
Fire WR's & TE's ,,,,,, catch the damn ball it ain't rocket science it's why ur there..... *****...........

I thought the offense sucks. I thought this offense wouldn't work in the SEC. I thought Bajakian couldn't coach. What happened to Butch doesn't know what he's doing? Where are all those people ready to run off our coaches when we lost to Ole Miss?

So, you're really trying to to start a fight with people who have been critical of our coaches after we lost a game? Really? Is this what vol fandom has devolved to? No actual accomplishments to tout, so 2 touchdown losses are enough motivation for coach worshipping attack threads? You people are so very sad.

I assumed most people were giving the coaches a break tonight, because, given the way the season has gone, everyone knew we were going to lose this one anyway. But on volnation, that's not enough. I guess the only acceptable behavior is 24/7 sycophant brown nosing.

Last edited:

What happened to those posters who said no one could have a running game with the offensive line we have? We had 181 yards on the ground tonight with a 4.2 ypc average... essentially identical to Bama's stats.

If the difference was Dobbs, which most (including me) seem to believe it was, and players don't make the decision when they play (that decision is made by coaches) and Butch and Bajakian are Dobbs' coach... then it seems to me they failed in not recognizing this sooner.

Why are you seemingly trying to give credit to our coaches when many were suggesting weeks ago that one of the solutions was to play a more mobile QB. What you claim as success could just as easily be deemed a failure on their part. If anything, this would seem to suggest some of the sofa coaches know more about turning around the offense than Bajakian.

So, which is worse....redshirting the best QB on the team, who gives us the best chance to win NOW....or assuming like many VN "experts" that he sucked? It's one or the other, and neither position is flattering to Bajakian and CBJ.

I'm on board with CBJ, long term, but Dobbs performance tonight proves conclusively that yes....even good coaches can make some bad choices/evaluations from time to time.

Nonetheless, I think CBJ will learn from it. Before tonight, he's preferred experience and seniority over capability. I'm sure he's rethinking that approach.

I would have tried to redshirt him if I thought we could win 6 with Worley (which I did).

Reactions: 3 people
Exactly and did the sunshine pumpeRs not see the first half?

Yes I did. And I also saw a team make great strides in the second half as well. Were there negatives? Absolutely. Were there some positives? Absolutely.

I know wyblows will not see it and you probably won't either. It's cool. Your entitled to an opinion.

Do Yall not see the positives of this game or are you going to complain about a 14 point loss to the number 4 team in America

I saw a much improved OL in their blocking tonight. One sack allowed. Still a long way to go but much better. Nice job guys. Looked like Dobbs' mobility and moving the pocket/rolling him out gave Bajakian some different options in his play calling. I get why CBJ was trying to keep the redshirt on him but circumstances have changed all that. There is not another QB on campus that is going to get us to a bowl game. I think Dobbs and his versatility is our best shot.

I still don't like the offense. As I've said since last year - I hope they make a believer out of me. I support the team but not s fan of the offense

Tonight did not change that. Four games to win three - let's hope they get it done

I'm assuming, because of your unwillingness to adapt to change, that you are old. I didn't wanna get rid of the power T either but it's just not effective. Most teams run the spread or some version of a zone read now. It's proven extremely effective at the collegiate level. Not wanting it is like being thirsty and turning down water.

Oline technically made their biggest improvement from the utc to ole miss game. No one noticed though because Worley wasn't as decisive and made worse decisions that night. That's right I said it, ole miss is on Worley not the O line.

We got boat raced out of our own stadium in the first quarter and Bama used us as a cat's paw for 3 quarters. I don't want to throw water on the chest thumping moral victory celebrants but we were never in this game. Anyone who believes that anything that happened after the first quarter last night has bearing on the strength of the offense should be asking why the heck none of these combinations and plays were shown against UF when it might have made a difference.

VN Store

Back