So no fire Bajakian thread tonight?

I thought the offense sucks. I thought this offense wouldn't work in the SEC. I thought Bajakian couldn't coach. What happened to Butch doesn't know what he's doing? Where are all those people ready to run off our coaches when we lost to Ole Miss?

Lol.....he does suck!! North had about 5 balls threw to him all night! And a lot of times he didn't come in till 3rd down! Wtf is that? Our best threat and he is not used! Unreal

I thought the offense sucks. I thought this offense wouldn't work in the SEC. I thought Bajakian couldn't coach. What happened to Butch doesn't know what he's doing? Where are all those people ready to run off our coaches when we lost to Ole Miss?

The offense still sucks.....Bajakian is still an idiot....and both he and jones have some fancy explaining to do for burying Dobbs on the depth chart for a red-shirt.

And, there were PLENTY of bone-headed formations and playcalls tonight that cost us dearly....the 3rd down BEAST PACKAGE was the GREATEST OF STUPIDITY TONIGHT....

And, it was Dobbs' athleticism that got us out of some true jams tonight......and we put up 20 with all of those young OL against Bama....When's the last time we scored 20 against Bama?

Contrary to your insinuation--tonight just PROVES that we actually DO HAVE idiots running this offense!!!!!!

Worley has earned my respect for his toughness this season....that dude never quits...but are we trying to prove how tough a kid is--or WIN SEC games?

It's just so plain to see that Dobbs was our best hope at the QB position...and always was this year...and CBJ has said that the BEST PLAYERS would play...Clearly, that's just BS coach-speak and is such a huge disappointment!!!

It just boggles the mind to actually SEE how much a leader and how much athleticism and talent Dobbs has--and to KNOW that these coaches hid him on the bench this year is just beyond my ability to understand. And, his passing accuracy probably would have just gotten better as his playing time would have increased....

Furthermore, our OL woes would have actually been DECREASED by running an offense with the athleticism of a dual-threat QB......instead of having a statue back there shooting out balls...

Face it....the ONLY game that we've lost so far that really has HURT our season is the Fla game!!!!! I'm convinced--beyond any reasonable doubt--that Dobbs could've given us a dimension in that game that would have had us sitting at 4-4 (we just might have been able to beat UGA if Dobbs would have been #2 instead of buried and hidden in red-shirt Siberia) right now with a realistic hope of actually finishing at 8-4 with a few breaks, and 7-5 would've been a realistic hope. Now--7-5 if we get some breaks and 6-6 is a more realistic expectation.

The EVIDENCE just keeps piling up about our offensive decision makers--pathetic game plan last year against Vandy....even worse game plan against Fla this year....the decision to hide Dobbs and RS him.....

The ONLY redeeming grace that truly separates CBJ from Dooley at THIS POINT is his common-sense wisdom in recruiting former players for support and prospective players to build an athletic and fast team!

Blaze away at me if you want.....but tonight was EXTREMELY depressing in more ways than just the L to the Bammites.....:salute:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I'm assuming, because of your unwillingness to adapt to change, that you are old. I didn't wanna get rid of the power T either but it's just not effective. Most teams run the spread or some version of a zone read now. It's proven extremely effective at the collegiate level. Not wanting it is like being thirsty and turning down water.

Well, that power running old school FB beat Ole Sis tonight down in the Bayou...and the old Ball Coach can still light up the scoreboard without completely succumbing to the "modern" spread offense...

I like Auburn's offense, I like Bama's offense...I like Miss. State's offense.....and crap, I even like what I've seen in KY's offense....

But what I don't like is our offense and the abject failure of our head coach and OC in making the DECISION to hide Dobbs on the bench for most of the year and EFFECTIVELY ELIMINATE an entire dimension of the current offensive scheme.

Furthermore, their decision ALSO gave teams a competitive advantage against our young OL....If Jones and Bajakian were MDs they would be guilty of malpractice....and please--before you blast me--they get paid handsomely for their less than optimal decision making.

...2016 is SUPPOSED to be our year...and WITHOUT a RS Dobbs will be a SR that year....with a least 2 recruiting classes behind him to take over in 2017....that's MORE than enough time to build an effective replacement for Dobbs.....

These guys have done nothing in game-time coaching to demonstrate that they were actually good enough to beat James Franklin, much less Nick Saban.

It's NO WONDER CBJ keeps saying the recruiting is the ONLY WAY out of this mess.....and he just may be correct, because he's done nothing to prove he's capable of winning championships in the SEC on his coaching ability....

strong words, I know--and I want CBJ to stay....but--as CBJ says himself....your habits reveal who you are....and I, for one, have now seen some habitual decisions made by this offensive staff to serious question their ability to win a SEC East title, much less the overall Crown....

Last edited:
And, there were PLENTY of bone-headed formations and playcalls tonight that cost us dearly....the 3rd down BEAST PACKAGE was the GREATEST OF STUPIDITY TONIGHT....

Contrary to your insinuation--tonight just PROVES that we actually DO HAVE idiots running this offense!!!!!!

Worley has earned my respect for his toughness this season....that dude never quits...but are we trying to prove how tough a kid is--or WIN SEC games?

The EVIDENCE just keeps piling up about our offensive decision makers--pathetic game plan last year against Vandy....even worse game plan against Fla this year....the decision to hide Dobbs and RS him.....

AJ has been playing like 80 snaps a game all year. That decision was so Bonehead Bajakian - it was truly "message board" coaching. It looked like Bajakian read Volnation and saw that a couple of years ago, AJ ran the Beast for a TD. The Wild Hurd actually looked like a coaching wrinkle against Georgia, then we couldn't snap it against Florida. :banghead2:

This game did put more question marks on the offensive staff. Kids made plays out of broken plays. That seems the only way this offense works.

I believe Butch made a promise to do everything he could to RS the Dobb Goblin. I am a big fan of seniors and Worley. It's clear though that the hits Worley took were affecting him. Now that the shirt is burned, we have to roll with the Dobb Goblin from Halloween on.

Reactions: 1 person
AJ has been playing like 80 snaps a game all year. That decision was so Bonehead Bajakian - it was truly "message board" coaching. It looked like Bajakian read Volnation and saw that a couple of years ago, AJ ran the Beast for a TD. The Wild Hurd actually looked like a coaching wrinkle against Georgia, then we couldn't snap it against Florida. :banghead2:

This game did put more question marks on the offensive staff. Kids made plays out of broken plays. That seems the only way this offense works.

I believe Butch made a promise to do everything he could to RS the Dobb Goblin. I am a big fan of seniors and Worley. It's clear though that the hits Worley took were affecting him. Now that the shirt is burned, we have to roll with the Dobb Goblin from Halloween on.

putting AJ in was boneheaded...and the play-call was boneheaded, too......the play called had AJ hesitating in the backfield before attacking the LOS.....

3rd and 1 requires attacking the LOS from the snap....

You know--I LIKE CBJ...and I LIKE WORLEY....but winning in the SEC IS NOT ABOUT liking anybody....it's about coaching PERFORMANCE in recruiting, decision-making about team chemistry and getting the best recruits ready to play the games, and GAME-DAY decisions....

So far, our HC is 1 for 3......

Last edited:
Oline technically made their biggest improvement from the utc to ole miss game. No one noticed though because Worley wasn't as decisive and made worse decisions that night. That's right I said it, ole miss is on Worley not the O line.

No....the game is on Bajakian and Jones.....Worley hasn't been the same QB since the UGA game....He lacks CONVICTION about where to throw the ball and it appears that he is confused by the defenses and his confidence has suffered because of his confusion.

He said as much when he said that Ole Sis was disguising their coverages and showed some confusing looks to him....That's nothing more than COACHING PREPARATION OF HIS ATHLETE.....

Still not a fan of Bajakian

Butch is loyal and coach B has been with him too long for us remotely believe he'll fire him unless his hand is just forced that way. I'm not crazy about his style but I love Butch so I'll just have to lump it. Tonight showed how far away we are as much as it showed how close we are. Against teams with less talent and not as well coached, Tennessee might have pulled this one out with the crowd and big Mo tonight.

I haven't called for anybody to be fired, but let's not get crazy excited because the offense scored a whopping 20 points. There is still a lot of room for improvement.

However, a competent QB makes a world of difference. Let's hope that JD continues to develop. He is our only hope for this year and next.

Those people still around, including self. Considering other weapons and options at our disposal, the lame decision to insert AJ Johnson for the 3rd and short play inside the 10-yd line was stupid beyond belief. Everybody in the stadium and TV (and Bama!) knew exactly what play we would run.... and they stuffed it for a loss. If it's a running play, the at least use Dobbs or Hurd for God's sake! I believe we had 2 timeouts at that point. Subsequently, I was very disappointed in Butch for letting the clock run down and going for the field goal.

Those people still around, including self. Considering other weapons and options at our disposal, the lame decision to insert AJ Johnson for the 3rd and short play inside the 10-yd line was stupid beyond belief. Everybody in the stadium and TV (and Bama!) knew exactly what play we would run.... and they stuffed it for a loss. If it's a running play, the at least use Dobbs or Hurd for God's sake! I believe we had 2 timeouts at that point. Subsequently, I was very disappointed in Butch for letting the clock run down and going for the field goal.

yeah the AJ play was a head scratcher.

it does,he can't,he don't.....we are 3-5 sunshine.3-5.…...

I did think with Peterman we had two or three successful early plays and then Bajak started having him drop back and the success ended.

Dobbs opened up our options and we began having more success and you have to give Bajakian credit for some of that.

I still don't like the fact that he didn't realize how to have some small measure of success with Peterman with quick passes, screens, dumps, pitches, etc.

If I were CBJ, I give Bajakian the rest of the season and see how we do against teams more our speed. Remember, we've looked especially weak on offense against top ranked teams with a young OL. These next 4 games will tell the tale.

Last edited:
Lot seems like the abiloty to set up the run game helped immensely, but piss poor calling in the red zone.

I'm still not set on coach B, but I feel like he will improve immensely as time goes on. I don't think the team is the only group of people that is learning a lot this season, the coaches are learning a lot too.

I don't mind the beast call, any competent coach knows you should gut it up the middle on 3rd and 1. Or do we want to pass it as people *****ed about us doing at OU

Well, that power running old school FB beat Ole Sis tonight down in the Bayou...and the old Ball Coach can still light up the scoreboard without completely succumbing to the "modern" spread offense...

I like Auburn's offense, I like Bama's offense...I like Miss. State's offense.....and crap, I even like what I've seen in KY's offense....

But what I don't like is our offense and the abject failure of our head coach and OC in making the DECISION to hide Dobbs on the bench for most of the year and EFFECTIVELY ELIMINATE an entire dimension of the current offensive scheme.

Furthermore, their decision ALSO gave teams a competitive advantage against our young OL....If Jones and Bajakian were MDs they would be guilty of malpractice....and please--before you blast me--they get paid handsomely for their less than optimal decision making.

...2016 is SUPPOSED to be our year...and WITHOUT a RS Dobbs will be a SR that year....with a least 2 recruiting classes behind him to take over in 2017....that's MORE than enough time to build an effective replacement for Dobbs.....

These guys have done nothing in game-time coaching to demonstrate that they were actually good enough to beat James Franklin, much less Nick Saban.

It's NO WONDER CBJ keeps saying the recruiting is the ONLY WAY out of this mess.....and he just may be correct, because he's done nothing to prove he's capable of winning championships in the SEC on his coaching ability....

strong words, I know--and I want CBJ to stay....but--as CBJ says himself....your habits reveal who you are....and I, for one, have now seen some habitual decisions made by this offensive staff to serious question their ability to win a SEC East title, much less the overall Crown....

It is fair to have doubts at this point. This staff has shown nothing on Gamedays that suggests they can get it done. Let's hope it is more about the roster, and that another class will make a difference.

I have no problem with Worley starting the season. He looked good early on, but regressed. I would play Dobbs the rest of the way. Try to get to six wins, but more importantly, hope you build his confidence so we can make a step forward next year. We will need a competent QB to do that.

The offense still sucks.....Bajakian is still an idiot....and both he and jones have some fancy explaining to do for burying Dobbs on the depth chart for a red-shirt.

And, it was Dobbs' athleticism that got us out of some true jams tonight......and we put up 20 with all of those young OL against Bama....When's the last time we scored 20 against Bama?

It's just so plain to see that Dobbs was our best hope at the QB position...and always was this year...and CBJ has said that the BEST PLAYERS would play...Clearly, that's just BS coach-speak and is such a huge disappointment!!!

It just boggles the mind to actually SEE how much a leader and how much athleticism and talent Dobbs has--and to KNOW that these coaches hid him on the bench this year is just beyond my ability to understand. And, his passing accuracy probably would have just gotten better as his playing time would have increased....

Furthermore, our OL woes would have actually been DECREASED by running an offense with the athleticism of a dual-threat QB......instead of having a statue back there shooting out balls...

Face it....the ONLY game that we've lost so far that really has HURT our season is the Fla game!!!!! I'm convinced--beyond any reasonable doubt--that Dobbs could've given us a dimension in that game that would have had us sitting at 4-4 (we just might have been able to beat UGA if Dobbs would have been #2 instead of buried and hidden in red-shirt Siberia) right now with a realistic hope of actually finishing at 8-4 with a few breaks, and 7-5 would've been a realistic hope. Now--7-5 if we get some breaks and 6-6 is a more realistic expectation.

The ONLY redeeming grace that truly separates CBJ from Dooley at THIS POINT is his common-sense wisdom in recruiting former players for support and prospective players to build an athletic and fast team!

Blaze away at me if you want.....but tonight was EXTREMELY depressing in more ways than just the L to the Bammites.....:salute:

I'm seriously hoping you just forgot to mention that all of this is sarcasm......but I doubt it. Negative posters like you make me chuckle, because I know you'll be one of the first ones to run your cake smasher about how good everything is and how 'you knew it all along' when the wins come. Once you've gone off the deep end, you should stay gone. We can do without you fair weather fans, thank y'all very much.

Would love to jump in the WayBack Machine and start the season with Dobbs behind center. The KY game and his O & W performance spoke to his potential...plus the fact that our offense is geared for a mobile qb.

My fear now is that Butch will want to reinstate Worley when he's cleared to play.

I'm seriously hoping you just forgot to mention that all of this is sarcasm......but I doubt it. Negative posters like you make me chuckle, because I know you'll be one of the first ones to run your cake smasher about how good everything is and how 'you knew it all along' when the wins come. Once you've gone off the deep end, you should stay gone. We can do without you fair weather fans, thank y'all very much.

Not a fair-weather fan there BUD! I've been a fan and pulling for the VOLS since my first game in Neyland in 1979! That's probably longer than you've been alive!

And believe me--there has been some tough times with the VOLS since then..but I've never, nor ever will abandon being a fan of the VOLS!

I can remember the disappointment of the 13-10 loss to Ole Miss in Knoxville in 1983 when Reggie played at UT.....I've seen some very hard times in the program--like 1988 when we started 0-6, but then won the last 5....and won every game in the 1989 season until we Bama ended our winning streak....

You can chuckle all you want--and call me names all you want--I really don't care.....I know what I know and have seen this year what I've seen on the field....

And I expect to be called a negative poster by folks--that doesn't bother me either......But I refuse to see our program through rah-rah orange glasses......

I gave credit where it's due....Jones & Co. are EXCELLENT recruiters and wizards at generating high expectations and overall program unity...But CBJ HIMSELF has always said from day 1 that he will be judged on W-L records--it is THE STANDARD for EVERY COACH who wears a whistle....

And, yessir, I'm still TICKED OFF about the Fla loss....Just take your orange glasses off and serious evaluate--if you can even do that--the last 5-7 SEC games we've played under CBJ.....you can either buy the excuses or you can learn a little about the game other than watching the ball--and see WHY we're not winning some games we should...(like Vandy last year and Fla this year)--teams who do NOT HAVE BETTER TALENT than we do!

CBJ has said himself that this staff is the best in America and that they will put the best players on the field who give us the best chance of winning.....

Unless he made a promise to Dobbs to RS him in his recruitment--which is very possible--I cannot understand ANY REASON to keep our best ATHLETE and QB OFF the field for this season...Can you?

We win against Fla....and we just might have won the UGA game with Dobbs on the field....

And that's nothing to criticize Worley--Worley has earned all of my respect this year....HOWEVER, He's a statue in the pocket and lacks the mobility that Dobbs offers--AND WHICH would have HELPED OUR TEAM overcome some of the young OL difficulties we've seen this year....the decision to withhold Dobbs talents and leadership abilities from team #118 is completely on CBJ...and inexcusable from my standpoint....

Also--the PROBLEM is not with the EFFORT being put forth by the players!!!!!! It's OBVIOUS that these guys are playing hard (except for the 1st QTR last night)...and WANT TO WIN...But it is what it is--and keeping DOBBS off the field has LIMITED our ability to WIN...

Basically--we have really only LOST one game this year we should have and could have won--FLA...But, what is this staff gonna do going forward now that Dobbs has been exposed as the BEST QB we have to run this offense? That's my question....and you offered NOTHING TO ANSWER IT....

Call me names all you want--I expect it and know it's coming when I post my opinion...but it doesn't change the fact that this coaching staff STILL HAS A LOT TO PROVE in the SEC....

And for the record....I don't think ANYONE needs to be fired....CBJ should be given 5-6 years to implement his complete system--Dan Mullen at MSU is in his 5th season--CBJ DESERVES that much time--

but I DO THINK that this offensive staff NEEDS to humble themselves and spend some time learning from CHIP KELLY about running this type of offense in the SEC IF they want to contend for SEC titles....becaus Kelly is the BEST OUT THERE among those running the HUNH type of system....

After all there Deux--are we after feel-good stories and 8-4 records or SEC titles? You make the call....

GO VOLS! :salute:

Reactions: 2 people
So.....I'm not going to quote the book I just read, like I did the first time. No need for all that nonsense, really.

Actually, I kinda have to, just to make sure I hit all the salient points (I think 'salient' is the right word, anyways). My apologies to those who don't like super-long posts.

Not a fair-weather fan there BUD! I've been a fan and pulling for the VOLS since my first game in Neyland in 1979! That's probably longer than you've been alive!

And believe me--there has been some tough times with the VOLS since then..but I've never, nor ever will abandon being a fan of the VOLS!

I can remember the disappointment of the 13-10 loss to Ole Miss in Knoxville in 1983 when Reggie played at UT.....I've seen some very hard times in the program--like 1988 when we started 0-6, but then won the last 5....and won every game in the 1989 season until we Bama ended our winning streak....

You can chuckle all you want--and call me names all you want--I really don't care.....I know what I know and have seen this year what I've seen on the field....

And I expect to be called a negative poster by folks--that doesn't bother me either......But I refuse to see our program through rah-rah orange glasses......

I gave credit where it's due....Jones & Co. are EXCELLENT recruiters and wizards at generating high expectations and overall program unity...But CBJ HIMSELF has always said from day 1 that he will be judged on W-L records--it is THE STANDARD for EVERY COACH who wears a whistle....

And, yessir, I'm still TICKED OFF about the Fla loss....Just take your orange glasses off and serious evaluate--if you can even do that--the last 5-7 SEC games we've played under CBJ.....you can either buy the excuses or you can learn a little about the game other than watching the ball--and see WHY we're not winning some games we should...(like Vandy last year and Fla this year)--teams who do NOT HAVE BETTER TALENT than we do!

CBJ has said himself that this staff is the best in America and that they will put the best players on the field who give us the best chance of winning.....

Unless he made a promise to Dobbs to RS him in his recruitment--which is very possible--I cannot understand ANY REASON to keep our best ATHLETE and QB OFF the field for this season...Can you?

We win against Fla....and we just might have won the UGA game with Dobbs on the field....

And that's nothing to criticize Worley--Worley has earned all of my respect this year....HOWEVER, He's a statue in the pocket and lacks the mobility that Dobbs offers--AND WHICH would have HELPED OUR TEAM overcome some of the young OL difficulties we've seen this year....the decision to withhold Dobbs talents and leadership abilities from team #118 is completely on CBJ...and inexcusable from my standpoint....

Also--the PROBLEM is not with the EFFORT being put forth by the players!!!!!! It's OBVIOUS that these guys are playing hard (except for the 1st QTR last night)...and WANT TO WIN...But it is what it is--and keeping DOBBS off the field has LIMITED our ability to WIN...

Basically--we have really only LOST one game this year we should have and could have won--FLA...But, what is this staff gonna do going forward now that Dobbs has been exposed as the BEST QB we have to run this offense? That's my question....and you offered NOTHING TO ANSWER IT....

Call me names all you want--I expect it and know it's coming when I post my opinion...but it doesn't change the fact that this coaching staff STILL HAS A LOT TO PROVE in the SEC....

And for the record....I don't think ANYONE needs to be fired....CBJ should be given 5-6 years to implement his complete system--Dan Mullen at MSU is in his 5th season--CBJ DESERVES that much time--

but I DO THINK that this offensive staff NEEDS to humble themselves and spend some time learning from CHIP KELLY about running this type of offense in the SEC IF they want to contend for SEC titles....becaus Kelly is the BEST OUT THERE among those running the HUNH type of system....

After all there Deux--are we after feel-good stories and 8-4 records or SEC titles? You make the call....

GO VOLS! :salute:

1st paragraph: Born in March of '79, but I enjoy the 'I been a fan longer than you' rhetoric. I actually didn't even pay attention to college football till about 92 or 93 (pretty sure Andy Kelly started the first game I ever watched in Neyland, if anyone cares to do the math). Now that we have that out of the way.....

2nd paragraph: meh. Nothing really to discuss here.

3rd paragraph: See my response to paragraph 1. I wasn't around for those, but good for you. :clapping:

4th/5th paragraph: I didn't call you a negative poster. I didn't say anything about orange glasses. Myself, I like to think of as a realist. I can understand that Rome wasn't built in a day. I understand that dynasties aren't built off two recruiting classes, one of which was.....let's say abbreviated. I also know that Dooley and to a slightly lesser extent Kiffin straight up ****ed us without the AstroGlide when it came to recruiting, especially on the OL. I get that. I also can take all that into consideration when I look at this team. Where's the leadership from the upperclassmen OLmen?? Oh, that's right, they all graduated last year, when those that are here and will be the ones to make the difference in years to come, were still attending classes at their local high school. I know that AJ and CM do WORK with the defense, and I have to believe (since I'm not in the team room during position meetings) that their leadership and their BTDT is part of the catalyst that's given the Vols defense the turn around we've all seen up to this point. I can understand that this is a HUGE work in progress, and I finally have faith that the HC is more concerned with the progression of the team and getting Tennessee back to where they belong than he is about soap on a rag and finding Rommel. You don't believe that, check the recruiting ranking.

6th paragraph (last one I can respond to right now, I have to go to work), I kind of alluded to in my last answer. I have faith in CBJ. More than I ever did in Vince and Barb's little boy. The wins will come. The playmakers that will make it happen are currently on the field.....but they're 18 year old kids going up against 22-23 year old men who've BTDT for the last however long. That, IMO, is our biggest issue right now, we don't have many guys that are able to say 'BTDT'. HOWEVER, when we DO get those guys (when this current crop of players are juniors and seniors), all HELL is gonna break loose, and it's gonna be amazing to watch.

I'll get back to this later when I'm on my laptop instead of my phone. Work calls, and .mil don't like late.

It's amazing how quickly we can forget a total body of work...

Offense looked good tonight, which is unusual for the season.
Defense did not, which is unusual for the season.

Agreed.
This team is schizophrenic. I took my ACT tests for college twice. I scored 26 out of 36 both times. Once i did great on math and blew the english portion. The second time i did great at english and terrible at math. If i could do great at both, i would be a genius. If i did terrible at both, i would be a functional retard, or a politician. This team now has shown it could win the SEC East or come in dead last.

MikeVol44 said:

Told ya I'd get back to this when I got a chance. Now's the chance. I think I edited it correctly to show where I left off.....This is probably gonna run a little long, but bear with me, please.

Paragraph 7: ****ed off about UF like you?? Nah. "Any Given Saturday" and all (i.e. Appy State/Michigan and William and Mary/UVa) Disappointed?? Yeah, kinda. Still stings a little, but ish happens. Worst part about it for me is now I gotta listen to my "little brother" talk smack for yet another year, when even he was predicting a UF loss the week of the game. I've never been accused of wearing orange goggles (except when I'm on the rifle range, which drives my 1SG up the wall, but I digress), so I dunno where that's coming from. Like I said, I'm a realist. I look at the big picture a lot, THEN make decisions. Always kinda been that way, really. Ain't my fault you can't see the forest for the trees. You mention Vandy last year. Did the fact that our stud freshman WR was injured for that game slip your mind?? Did the fact that Vanderbilt got a LOT of love from the referees in that game slip your mind?? Big picture again, man.......if you'd learn a little about the game other than watching the ball (or watching the scoreboard), you'd realize that. There was a LOT of factors that went into that loss.....not just Mike Bajakian.

8th paragraph (combining 3 run-on sentences into one paragraph because I can): Maybe CBJ believes that he HAS the best staff in America. How do you know they're not?? Hell, you're ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater, God forbid that we actually get this little thing called continuity with a staff!!! One more thing: Are you watching every practice?? Do you have the unlimited review resources that the coaches have?? Then......pray tell, how in the world are you so sure that Butch ISN'T putting the best players on the field?? Please explain. Oh, wait, you MIGHT wanna pay attention to my next response before ya do. "Unless he made a promise to Dobbs to RS him in his recruitment--which is very possible--I cannot understand ANY REASON to keep our best ATHLETE and QB OFF the field for this season...Can you?" Actually, yes.......I can. This is gonna blow your mind!! Maybe.....just MAYBE they were trying to RS Dobbs so that he had another year to play at Tennessee. MAYBE, just MAYBE they didn't want to have a RSFr (if recruiting holds up as it stands now, either Quinten Dormady or Jauan Jennings......but recruiting's a fickle beast) as a starter due to no other options. Then, we're RIGHT back in **** near the same exact boat we were in last year. All-world offense, and a QB that really don't know what to do with it. But.....why redshirt Dobbs?? Does it make a little more sense now?? And maybe we would have beaten UGA and UF with Dobbs at the helm. Maybe he would have gotten crushed by one of their DLmen, and not been available. How are we to know the "what might have been"......if you DO know for a 100% certainty, lemme know how so I can bounce back in time with some winning Powerball numbers.

9th paragraph (aka "the good one"): You're doing a mighty fine job of criticizing Worley, but I honestly don't believe you have the reading comprehension to understand it. Let's do some math. Do ya like math??

Experienced Senior QB (Worley) + incredibly new offense (how many true freshman starters??) + the possibility of keeping a guy around that can run your system, that was almost built to run your system, for another year = Dobbs parking his butt on the bench. Get it that time??

And I'm 1000% positive that CBJ and CMB are TOTALLY losing sleep over their "inexcusable to some random dude on the internet with the screen name MikeVol44" decision to try and RS Dobbs.......wait, I'm forgetting something. You mentioned Dobbs' leadership abilities. The kid's a true Sophmore, man. Worley's a Senior. Who's got the bigger amount of BTDT?? Who's seen these defenses?? Who's had 4 years of watching film?? Ain't Dobbs (and that's taking nothing away from Dobbs, I think I've belabored my point that I truly believe he's the prototype QB for this system, but I can also see where keeping him around for another year would be a VERY good thing).

(*I'm just gonna quote this part, 'cause it only gets a one-word answer*) "Also--the PROBLEM is not with the EFFORT being put forth by the players!!!!!! It's OBVIOUS that these guys are playing hard (except for the 1st QTR last night)...and WANT TO WIN...But it is what it is--and keeping DOBBS off the field has LIMITED our ability to WIN...""

Mmmmmmkay. :good!:

I'm out of time, so I'm going to start doing this a little different.

"Basically--we have really only LOST one game this year we should have and could have won--FLA...But, what is this staff gonna do going forward now that Dobbs has been exposed as the BEST QB we have to run this offense? That's my question....and you offered NOTHING TO ANSWER IT...."

-Actually, I did.....you just decided to go off the deep end and not wait for it. I said in my last long response: " I think I've belabored my point that I truly believe he's the prototype QB for this system, but I can also see where keeping him around for another year would be a VERY good thing". I agree that Dobbs is what we need. I just realize that we need him for longer, and for him to be around longer, Worley had to play. Wish you could get that as well.

"Call me names all you want--I expect it and know it's coming when I post my opinion...but it doesn't change the fact that this coaching staff STILL HAS A LOT TO PROVE in the SEC...."

-I said what I said, and I'll say it again. You're a fairweather fan, man. You sit there behind your computer and **** and moan about how bad things are now, about how it's "inexcusable" that Dobbs wasn't playing.....where the hell were you saying this, right about the time of the Arkansas State game?? But I'd be willing to bet the rights to my profile picture (the Power T football one) that when games start getting won, you'll be right here flapping your donut holster about how "you had faith all along". And if I happen to remember this "conversation", rest assured that I will call you on your BS.

"And for the record....I don't think ANYONE needs to be fired....CBJ should be given 5-6 years to implement his complete system--Dan Mullen at MSU is in his 5th season--CBJ DESERVES that much time--"

-I think this might be the only sentence you wrote that I completely agree with, and I also think that within 5 years, we're winning the SEC.

"but I DO THINK that this offensive staff NEEDS to humble themselves and spend some time learning from CHIP KELLY about running this type of offense in the SEC IF they want to contend for SEC titles....becaus Kelly is the BEST OUT THERE among those running the HUNH type of system...."

-You must be an Iggles fan (I'm sorry). I really do wish there was a way to put CCK in this situation (I'll even be nice and give you Darrell Bevell, Seattle's OC as our OC).......CCK and CDB in the SAME EXACT situation that CBJ and CMB are currently facing, just to see what they would do, and to see how well they'd do. It wouldn't shock me in the least to see......about the same results, really. It's like making gumbo (hold on, analogy time). Not even Justin Wilson (RIP) could make gumbo without all the ingredients (side note: I'd sell my mother into slavery for a legit bowl of gumbo.....seriously), and it's sheer insanity to expect the current staff to replicate CCK and/or CDB's success without the same caliber of players.

AND FINALLY: "After all there Deux--are we after feel-good stories and 8-4 records or SEC titles? You make the call...."

Call made. I want the Vols to win games. I just don't wanna sacrifice the future for a chance at glory right now. I can see that the wins are coming......I only hope now that I've explained myself and broke everything down to the lowest common denominator, that you might be able to look past the trees and actually see some of the forest. I hear east Tennessee is quite lovely this time of year......be a crying shame to just look at one old oak tree the entire time.

VN Store

Back