So what's the hold up on OC?

He's the next QB coach but yes, this is how UT hires. A very underwhelming choice but a very good friend of Butch so it's a slam dunk he's the one. Scott to be named OC and Fulmer the AD instead of DB. The contrast between how programs like Bama and UF are run and UT is....well....stark and overwhelming. Those programs are prepared and decisive. UT is nothing like that. Precisely why we are a 7-8 win/Bluebonnet bowl type program....and yes, I know that bowl name is no longer accurate.

Dude it is people like you that rob the world of happiness. Anyone who exaggerates facts in a downward fashion is a Debbie downer. We have had two 9 win seasons in a two and while it isn't remarkable its progress and 9 certainly doesn't equal 8 and/or 7. I'm sorry I had to pint that out to you.

Reactions: 2 people
Still trying to find that right combination of butt kisser and pool cleaner. Not easy, Debord was one of a kind. Probably difficult to get someone else to believe his system is perfect as it is.

It's actually a pretty dang good system if you look at stats and rankings of his offense.

If UT had of made the hire right away the same people would be yelling and screaming and whining about filling the position so fast. Let people do their jobs. Us fans need to support UT. If anybody is making Tennessee look bad it's the loudmouth so-called fans yelling and screaming about how long it's taking & how Alabama already has their guy. Mind your own business & support Tennessee. If not, go find another team to cheer for. maybe since you think Alabama is so perfect go root for them

Reactions: 3 people
I've settled into the likelihood that Scott will be OC and I'm good with it but it makes it all the more important who the QB coach will be. I really don't want canales. I don't know that he's a good recruiter or developer. I personally would prefer either Weinke or O'Connell both have worked with several starting NFL guys. Which in turn you can use in recruiting plus with Weinkes ties to IMG that could be huge. Please be one of these two.

what I was told but I was also told who the top 2 were.

Honestly, if you were kinda blindsided by the Warren hire, you think Butch is on a tight ship with this?

Are we trying to pull someone away from a job? Or are we just waiting around to see if someone better opens up?

I know that schools will ask coaches to wait AFTER signing day to announce they will leave program.

The longer Butch announces makes me really think we have a grand slam and only Butch and few others know.

Dude it is people like you that rob the world of happiness. Anyone who exaggerates facts in a downward fashion is a Debbie downer. We have had two 9 win seasons in a two and while it isn't remarkable its progress and 9 certainly doesn't equal 8 and/or 7. I'm sorry I had to pint that out to you.

4 - 4 in the SEC with losses to Candy and USC Jr. Barely escaped App St and GA. If you want to madke sure to talk facts, talk all of them. While I'm happy we beat another weak Big 10 team, we finished no where near our projection or pre-season ranking.

We could have easily gone 7 - 5 or worse. So, Butch needs to do better with his in-game management, coaching hires, and player development or he should go back to mid-major teams.

We are Tennessee, have some expectations

Reactions: 1 person
4 - 4 in the SEC with losses to Candy and USC Jr. Barely escaped App St and GA. If you want to madke sure to talk facts, talk all of them. While I'm happy we beat another weak Big 10 team, we finished no where near our projection or pre-season ranking.

We could have easily gone 7 - 5 or worse. So, Butch needs to do better with his in-game management, coaching hires, and player development or he should go back to mid-major teams.

We are Tennessee, have some expectations

Wins and losses are facts. Hypotheticals are not.

If you are going to speak English, use it correctly. Butch made mistakes and the Vandy and Muschamp losses were terrible but don't take wins off the board, man.

We are Tennessee. Have some respect for the facts.

If it doesn't carry the weight of a name like Helfrich or some other in that tier, then it may be best to hold off until NSD so as not to underwhelm any potential recruits. On the flip, had it been Helfrich, or again anyone else close to that, it would've been announced immediately as a potential boost to recruiting.

Reactions: 3 people
Wins and losses are facts. Hypotheticals are not.

If you are going to speak English, use it correctly. Butch made mistakes and the Vandy and Muschamp losses were terrible but don't take wins off the board, man.

We are Tennessee. Have some respect for the facts.

Not sure what your smoking, but I never took wins off the board. I said poor coaching could have put us at 7 - 5 or worst. Reading comprehension is your friend.

Reactions: 2 people
It is a done deal coach Scott will be new OC.... Expect an announcement coming soon.... Writing on the wall with the new DB/ Special Teams Coordinator hire.

Id rather Mike Canales at OC than Larry Scott IMO.. Canales put up huge numbers down here at UNT for a few years as the OC/Interim HC.. completely turned that offense around..
BUT...
Scott will be the OC and canales will be QB coach.. that's how it will turn out

Tennessee: Butch Jones is likely to promote Larry Scott from tight ends to offensive coordinator per multiple sources; however the announcement could be held until Butch secures the quarterbacks coach he is planning to hire. We understand additional moves within the staff are still being considered.

Football Scoop.

Since Canales has been interviewed twice, and an announcement was not made, I wonder if Butch passed on him. I agree that Scott seems to be the lock at OC, but maybe Butch knows with the extra money he can go get an ace QB coach who is a great recruiter. Plus how quick and under the radar the DB hire was makes me wonder if we truly know everyone who is being considered for the position.

We all know that Butch is hesitant to make drastic changes on offense unlike our defensive changes, but bringing in somebody as a QB coach would not interfere with Butch and Scott's play calling so I could see it being a big name. I hope an OL decision is made soon too.

CBJ is likely still reading all the outstanding suggestions/demands posted here on Volnation. It's GOT to be a daunting task. :crazy:

:rock:
GBO!!

VN Store

Back