So, when is the press conference?

I am most familiar with the risks of jumping out of a plane with and without a parachute having spent 28 years in the Army .....going thru Airborne School/Ranger School and assigned to the 101st Airborne Division after graduation from Airborne School and many other combat assignments during those 28 years.So I am familiar with risks and odds or whatever.....and for that matter rewards when one takes a risk with hot lead flying around their ass.
What chaps my you know what are those people who profess to know what the future holds and denigrate Leaders who are responsible for hiring or promotion of those to lead/manage organizations.......you do not know what the future holds and neither does anyone else.There are mistakes made by those Leaders no doubt about that and there are successes also.But none of those dealing with Athletics are life or death decisions

It is apparent that you have a burr in your derriere about White . Why ,I have no idea other than your essay above which is no reason at all to me . I confess I do admire leaders who are willing to make decisions which have the potential to make improvements to an organization which is struggling rather than sit on their hands and watch the existing leadership continue to muddle along in mediocracy .
Alex, I greatly appreciate your service!! 🫡🇺🇸 I am very excited and hopeful about the new HC of the Lady Vols! 🧡🩵

We get it. You believe DW made a terrible choice and KC will fail. The horse is very dead.

Normally, I'd just laugh this off as before, giving thr respect your comments are due, but it might be fun to review some of your previous statements;

1. You said that you wanted an experienced coach with a proven record and used Barnes as your example.

2. You said that White hiring "KC" would prove that he prioritizes budget over winning championships.

3. You said that White was really "sticking his neck out" and taking a big risk (and that he has a record of hiring cheap).

4.. You literally said, "the KC thing would be a very odd direction to go and would leave unanswered questions that would linger for a long time."

Why are you being so negative toward our new coach and sowing the seeds of doubt about the future of her program here?

Last edited:
Normally, I'd just laugh this off as before, giving thr respect your comments are due, but it might be fun to review some of your previous statements;

1. You said that you wanted an experienced coach with a proven record and used Barnes as your example.

2. You said that White hiring "KC" would prove that he prioritizes budget over winning championships.

3. You said that White was really "sticking his neck out" and taking a big risk (and that he has a record of hiring cheap).

4.. You literally said, "the KC thing would be a very odd direction to go and would leave unanswered questions that would linger for a long time."

Why are you being so negative toward our new coach and sowing the seeds of doubt about the future of her program here?
All true thoughts BEFORE the decision was made. It’s done, DW didn’t ask for my input, and there’s nothing I can do to change it. In a short time, I have liked what I’ve seen and heard from KC. I see no value in continuing to cry about the decision. I’m looking forward to the growth of the program. Give it two years at least then come rub our faces in how right you were, if things aren’t looking better.

And there it went, right over your head. If it wasn’t broke, she is not here.

Sigh. There you go again.

"Broke' isn't another 20-win season, fourth-place in reg. season, a third-place finish in conference tournament, and a six seed in NCAA Tournament. Calling that "broke" is similar to the joker who said that Caldwell will be starting from "ground zero."

White said the program needed to improve from good (not 'broke') to great. Yes, he wanted change, but there's no need to be hyperbolic about it. He wants championships and thinks a leadership change is needed to regain momentum . He also seems to agree that "offense sells tickets,' which likely factored into his decision.

Sigh. There you go again.

"Broke' isn't another 20-win season, fourth-place in reg. season, a third-place finish in conference tournament, and a six seed in NCAA Tournament. Calling that "broke" is similar to the joker who said that Caldwell will be starting from "ground zero."

White said the program needed to improve from good (not 'broke') to great. Yes, he wanted change, but there's no need to be hyperbolic about it. He wants championships and thinks a leadership change is needed to regain momentum . He also seems to agree that "offense sells tickets,' which likely factored into his decision.
Broke is fired

Look, homies, it:s going to be months before we have any actual game results to analyse. Until then, we can talk about how vivacious the new coach is, her wardrobe, which actresses she resembles, how she throws a baseball, her singing voice, her hairstyle, or any number of things.

We can also discuss roster management, high school recruiting, portal additions, transfers, staff changes, and other personnel matters. We can also talk about NIL impact.

Gamewise, we can discuss how various players might be used. There's a lot of additional things to discuss given the different approach in philosophy and strategy.

Discussing any of these latter things realistically...which, not coincidentally, seems to be what our new coach advises...is what fans are supposed to do.

I tend to ignore invitations to leave from members who recently found it necessary to delete an entire page of comments and issue public apologies for insults made while drunkposting. I wouldn't want them to leave since the entertainment value is high.

At any rate, I'd think Kim appreciates the interest in actual basketball matters and would much prefer that along with the mundane grind of recruiting and adjusting to new players, staff, support personnel, and routines to doing the obligatory interviews, public appearances, donor dinners, etc.

Face it, LVBB is irrelevant. Hopefully, it returns soon.
"Irrelevant" is an overused and highly subjective term. It will always depend on what criteria is being used for relevancy. But who gets to set the criteria? It's a dumb thing to argue over.

Tennessee makes the NCAA Tournament every year and they are always in the top 5 in attendance in women's basketball. I call that relevant .... but does it matter? No, it's just meaningless and empty banter. The word "irrelevant" is overused so damn much, that's it's become a cliche.

Look, homies, it:s going to be months before we have any actual game results to analyse. Until then, we can talk about how vivacious the new coach is, her wardrobe, which actresses she resembles, how she throws a baseball, her singing voice, her hairstyle, or any number of things.

We can also discuss roster management, high school recruiting, portal additions, transfers, staff changes, and other personnel matters. We can also talk about NIL impact.

Gamewise, we can discuss how various players might be used. There's a lot of additional things to discuss given the different approach in philosophy and strategy.

Discussing any of these latter things realistically...which, not coincidentally, seems to be what our new coach advises...is what fans are supposed to do.

I tend to ignore invitations to leave from members who recently found it necessary to delete an entire page of comments and issue public apologies for insults made while drunkposting. I wouldn't want them to leave since the entertainment value is high.

At any rate, I'd think Kim appreciates the interest in actual basketball matters and would much prefer that along with the mundane grind of recruiting and adjusting to new players, staff, support personnel, and routines to doing the obligatory interviews, public appearances, donor dinners, etc.
All you really want to do is dissect everything the woman says .... and take it's literal interpretation as if you've never heard coach-speak before.

All true thoughts BEFORE the decision was made. It’s done, DW didn’t ask for my input, and there’s nothing I can do to change it. In a short time, I have liked what I’ve seen and heard from KC. I see no value in continuing to cry about the decision. I’m looking forward to the growth of the program. Give it two years at least then come rub our faces in how right you were, if things aren’t looking better.

TWO YEARS!!??

We're supposed to have two undefeated championships by that time. Guaranteed.

I'm genuinely curious. Why is discussing this new approach labeled "crying about the decision?" Especially from posters who call the hiring decision "a gamble" and "a risk?" So now even posters who argued that successful coaches from lower levels can be successful in P-5 positions (while others dismissed the idea) have to totally embrace an untested approach at Tennessee? Have to be super enthusiastic..."cautiously optimistic" isn't good enough?

Well, fiddle-dee-dee.

All you really want to do is dissect everything the woman says .... and take it's literal interpretation as if you've never heard coach-speak before.

Has that black coffee kicked in yet?

So, when you repeatedly said that hiring Kim was a "gamble, " what did you mean?

TWO YEARS!!??

We're supposed to have two undefeated championships by that time. Guaranteed.

I'm genuinely curious. Why is discussing this new approach labeled "crying about the decision?" Especially from posters who call the hiring decision "a gamble" and "a risk?" So now even posters who argued that successful coaches from lower levels can be successful in P-5 positions (while others dismissed the idea) have to totally embrace an untested approach at Tennessee? Have to be super enthusiastic..."cautiously optimistic" isn't good enough?

Well, fiddle-dee-dee.
South Carolina would welcome your support. Then you have nothing to cry about. And make no mistake, you are a cryer.

It is indeed a far cry from Geno Auriemma referring to Tennessee as being an "Evil Empire."

Geno Auriemma said that in 1998 after Tennessee had just won their 3rd straight National Championship with a 38-0 record.

I interpreted that as more of a compliment to Pat's success than anything else ... Losing teams sure as hell don't get referred to that way by their rivals. I would welcome that sort of disdain again from our opponents. It was a sign of both envy and respect.

If you think that is the same thing as being publicly called "irrelevant?" Then you are an idiot.
I didn't live in Knoxville at the time so I did not take it as a compliment to U-T. I took it as Geno's plea to young women to not go to U-T.
A former boss of mine played baseball at Ohio State -- he said that recruiting was a dirty business.
I don't see what's so unbelievable about a recruiter telling potential recruits that another program is irrelevant.

I didn't live in Knoxville at the time so I did not take it as a compliment to U-T. I took it as Geno's plea to young women to not go to U-T.
A former boss of mine played baseball at Ohio State -- he said that recruiting was a dirty business.
I don't see what's so unbelievable about a recruiter telling potential recruits that another program is irrelevant.
I don't either .... If you have read my posts, then you would realize that my point was that it wasn't said publicly.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back