Sonny Dykes Emailed by one of US....

Pruitt was probably the original sender of the email sent. Or some other Bamatard.

Fans need to stay in their lane. Operate within their areas of expertise and let the big boys do the negotiating. It's an embarrassment.

You have a lot of faith in some of our fans haha, especially after reading some of the responses I see on a daily basis in here 😂

Reactions: Border Vol
well, the last time UT fans got involved in a coaching search didn't work out very well.
If you’re referencing Schiano, I disagree. WE didn’t hire Pruitt. We just didn’t “shut up and take it” like the media wanted over Schiano. Errybody worried about “black eyes” and ridicule from national talking heads need to realize they’ll mock us til we stop them. They mocked us cuz Peyton couldn’t beat Florida. They find a way.

Reactions: Border Vol
Whoever did that is absolutely horrible. Granted 11 seasons as a HC and 6 of those seasons he was sub .500 but still. Come on man

Deplorable behavior for sure but honestly I’d rather it be a private email than the viral garbage that gets spread around on social media. Unfortunately, I’m sure the sender is probably among us on VolNation.

I would never email a coach other than Jon Gruden in regards to the Vols coaching job. I am sure Coach Dykes is a fine man but I am just not sure he is up to continuing the standard of excellence we expect and demand. We are about winning championships and I am sure we will find the right coach to take us back to the level of championship winning we deserve and expect. I still think its going to be Coach Gruden but if not Coach Gruden it will be someone who is capable of taking us back to winning championships again.

I would never email a coach other than Jon Gruden in regards to the Vols coaching job. I am sure Coach Dykes is a fine man but I am just not sure he is up to continuing the standard of excellence we expect and demand. We are about winning championships and I am sure we will find the right coach to take us back to the level of championship winning we deserve and expect. I still think its going to be Coach Gruden but if not Coach Gruden it will be someone who is capable of taking us back to winning championships again.

Reactions: VolInNW
White needs a veteran member of this board as one of his inner circle advisers on his coaching searches, and I mean that seriously. No one else in that in that room with him will speak up and say “look man, these people will literally nuke hires.”

Reactions: NashvilleFan
White needs a veteran member of this board as one of his inner circle advisers on his coaching searches, and I mean that seriously. No one else in that in that room with him will speak up and say “look man, these people will literally nuke hires.”
You may be right...not a bad idea. However I don't believe the Institutional Elites actually care what anybody outside their sphere thinks. They literally sit up on a Hill and assume the season ticket orders will roll in no matter what product they present. And historically, they are correct.

If you’re referencing Schiano, I disagree. WE didn’t hire Pruitt. We just didn’t “shut up and take it” like the media wanted over Schiano. Errybody worried about “black eyes” and ridicule from national talking heads need to realize they’ll mock us til we stop them. They mocked us cuz Peyton couldn’t beat Florida. They find a way.
Still think UT would be in a better position with Schiano than what it is now....... Not a great position, but better.

I hope it isn’t true, but Swain seems to think it is.
I just said that Shiano Sunday was the first and last time we as a fan base would alter a coaching hire but now I’m thinking I could be wrong. As awful as this story may be. I’m kinda? Glad we sent him an email?
What??? Explain further.

If Danny White hires Dykes, that means we've picked up two multi million dollar losers in the space of a few days.
Danny White is going to hire THE BEST AVAILABLE CANDIDATE! KEY WORD AVAILALBE. People can take that however they want but the pickings are slim at best! PJ Fleck said not interested. We as VN can say oh let's pay this or that, well guess what if the guy is any good his current school is going to match it. Matt Campbell will not come. We offer him $6million, Iowa st. will do the same!

Luke Fickell could be the guy as Cincy may have payment limitations
Jamey Chadwell
Billy Napier
Tony Elliot
Lance Leipold from Buffalo
Josh Heupel

This is the tree that we are at the base of looking for. Unless someone is completely unhappy in their current role, they are not coming to UT.
Stop acting like we are all that now, because we are not! 6 coaches in 12 yrs. Does that seem attractive to you? Plus hang the NCAA sanctions on there as well.

VN Store

Back