Sonny Dykes Emailed by one of US....

Still think UT would be in a better position with Schiano than what it is now....... Not a great position, but better.
I think we would’ve sucked at an equal or greater level. And the talking heads would’ve been camped out on campus. And Currie would be our AD.

I think we would’ve sucked at an equal or greater level. And the talking heads would’ve been camped out on campus. And Currie would be our AD.
Currie as AD would be a sh!+ show.......................:)

But, I doubt UT would be under NCAA investigation and about to lose scholarships and bowl games (if even eligible):confused:

I bet Nick Saban gets tons of hate mail from dumb bammers who are mad he only won by 49 points and not 50 points.

Anyone who thinks this stuff matters has never been in the public eye. Having negative stuff thrown out at you happens with every fan base. To act like Tennessee is some great exception is in my opinion a denial of reality.

If this really happened, it's not cool at all.
It makes us look like a bunch of spoiled brats. Schiano was different. Our objection to Dykes is just because we believe he isn't good enough. Whether that's right or wrong, it's a bad look for our fanbase. I'll say it again, so many of us have absolutely no self-awareness.
The reason we didn't want Schiano was because we didn't think he was good enough either. It had literally nothing to do with what we tried to say it was about.

The reason we didn't want Schiano was because we didn't think he was good enough either. It had literally nothing to do with what we tried to say it was about.
I must just have been different, I guess. I sincerely didn't want to have to support a coach whose name was tied up in that PSU stuff.

I didn't do it, but that's hilarious. The powers that be want to kill the program.. fine, whatever. We'll find other ways to be entertained.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve_Smith89
This keeps getting said. It's still wrong. That won't change.

Edit: We're all different. For some that may be the case. But it's completely reasonable that a number of the fanbase simply didn't want someone who was closely associated to the worst event in the history of college football.

Last edited:
Just remembered how happy I am that I Don't have to listen to Pruitt say Aight, um or uh every other word

ever again

200.gif

Reactions: Rumble4skin
If this really happened, it's not cool at all.
It makes us look like a bunch of spoiled brats. Schiano was different. Our objection to Dykes is just because we believe he isn't good enough. Whether that's right or wrong, it's a bad look for our fanbase. I'll say it again, so many of us have absolutely no self-awareness.
Dude, they just paid 2.5 million for an AD? Any dip **** could hire Dykes. Want to suck the air out of the room? Dykes.

Agreed with all of that. I'm not sure however, we would have found ourselves in trouble with the NCAA.

I am NOT advocating for Schiano...we dodged a bullet. But he was not a filthy, cheating Gump.

Dude, they just paid 2.5 million for an AD? Any dip **** could hire Dykes. Want to suck the air out of the room? Dykes.
Nobody is arguing with you on that point. I'm simply saying it makes our fanbase look like a bunch of petulant children if we pitch a fit every time we don't get what we want. I'll be upset if we hire Dykes, too. I'm just not going to email the guy directly to try and scare him off.

At least he had the balls to say it directly to Sonny instead of bitching on a messagr board....

VN Store

Back