Sounding like he's back

It is what it is, im in sales, a 20 car per month guy has a lot more leash than a 5 car guy. It's the way of the world, whether its right or wrong.

I did that for a little while. That is a business that is not made for everyone. Good luck to you.

Reactions: 1 person
You don't have to believe me. I'm sure everyone is skeptical. Im just telling you what some of his family called and said. They said it hasn't been announced yet but that he was back on team. I know his dad was highly upset with him for screwing up and JJ really wanted to be back on the team. He has an attitude problem as everyone has seen but maybe this will change that.

The fact he got dismissed wanting to keep the Vols from going 4-8 ever shows me he might not be the only one there at the time with an attitude problem. If the older supposedly wiser men had their heads outta their butts, Jennings would have been fine.

Hope so. Everyone deserves a second chance. Especially since there is a new staff. If he blows this chance then he deserves to be booted.

Reactions: 2 people
The fact he got dismissed wanting to keep the Vols from going 4-8 ever shows me he might not be the only one there at the time with an attitude problem. If the older supposedly wiser men had their heads outta their butts, Jennings would have been fine.

If he cared about preventing them from going 4-8 he should've gone to practice, meetings, etc when he was injured.

Reactions: 11 people
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that none of the people he made the video about, or anyone who decided to dismiss him, are still associated with the university.

Players out there raping people, robbing people, breaking girls jaws... Getting one and two game suspensions.

Our guy makes a video calling a spade a spade and everyone wants him gone. Y'all are absolutely insane, and would not want any of this authoritarian nonsense applied to yourself or your own kids.

The abject vulgarity of his comments is a huge part of what got him dismissed. And according to several posters here, he was/is/may be a cancer in the locker room and on the sidelines. All that with potential academic problems. A prima donna. Pruitt may let him back on the team, his choice. After watching that video I will have a hard time ever liking JJ again regardless of how well he does on the field.

Reactions: 3 people
If we're just looking at the talent level, having JJ and Callaway both on the field is a problem for defenses. Really hope JJ is indeed back. We desperately need guys like JJ out there who are competitive as he is - it sounds ridiculous, but I'm not sure how many of our players really even cared if we won or lost towards the end of the year.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm anything but a troll. I bleed orange just like the rest of you. I'm not trying to claim to be an insider or whatever. When Jennings got hurt he was told that night that it wasn't severe so that's what he passed on. I also passed that info on when they called and told me. Turned out the injury was a lot worse than what they originally told him. He carries his emotions on his shoulders and has always had a problem with his ego. His whole family has been distraught over this. I'm pretty positive his father probably tried to help push to get him back on the team. I hope this helps him and I hope he is telling them the truth because I don't see why he would lie to his family about it. We will see but I expect an announcement soon.

This could be very beneficial next year by providing 3 experienced weapons at WR to go along with some younger guys and 2018 signers being coached up into providing production. Land the #1 JUCO TE to go along with Bumphus and bring in a JUCO OL or grad transfer and we could see a dramatic improvement on offense. We will have plenty of SEC level talent at WR and RB, just need a physical OL to create holes for our backs and give whoever wins the QB job time to get rid of the ball.

I'm hearing that JJ is back on the team but has a very short leash. Should come out soon.

No. Just he11 no. If true, he won't make it through spring training...like a lot of others. Pruitt's practices will cull the herd. Survival of the fittest and toughest.

I wish Jennings the best...somewhere else.

Would he be forgiven and brought back for same conduct if he was a backup? Our lack of talent may be a big reason for another chance.

Who knows, who cares? He's a baller. We need as many as we can get. I may be in the minority, but what he did was funny as hell and it was the truth. On the other hand, it was immature and stupid. But no reason to be kicked off the team

This could be very beneficial next year by providing 3 experienced weapons at WR to go along with some younger guys and 2018 signers being coached up into providing production. Land the #1 JUCO TE to go along with Bumphus and bring in a JUCO OL or grad transfer and we could see a dramatic improvement on offense. We will have plenty of SEC level talent at WR and RB, just need a physical OL to create holes for our backs and give whoever wins the QB job time to get rid of the ball.
Is it too much to ask that our receivers catch the damn ball when it hits them in the hands?

If I had a dime for every pass that has been dropped in the past couple of years over there........well, I would be dime crazy.

Would he be forgiven and brought back for same conduct if he was a backup? Our lack of talent may be a big reason for another chance.

Life ain't fair, and if you're going to screw up ya damn well better be great at what you do if you want to be forgiven. -My Dad on life.

I hope he comes back and does well. We could use him as we are likely to see some attrition this spring.

No. Just he11 no. If true, he won't make it through spring training...like a lot of others. Pruitt's practices will cull the herd. Survival of the fittest and toughest.

I wish Jennings the best...somewhere else.

Are you kidding me? I understand that people are divided about his behavior but saying that he won't make it through Pruitt's practices is absurd.

You had members of the press calling UT "soft" last year and when I heard that I thought "don't tell Warrior, Jennings and Kelly that". If you watched a minute of those kids play, you could tell who the alphas were. There were times I thought Jennings was going to take the football, Butch's headset and the keys to the dam bus and give he*l to anyone who didn't want to step up.

The football field seems to be a place proven to channel his efforts into positive things. If survival is determined by fitness and toughness, Jennings is going to be fine.

You need to get over it and grind that axe somewhere else.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back