Sounding like he's back

It's not the first time he's screwed up but this episode was the most severe. I hope he comes back to the team but I will be skeptical until it happens. This seems to be a problem with him. Where's common sense in these kids? So many players (not just at UT) torch their opportunity through bad behavior. Johnny Manziel is the patron saint of bad behavior and it's consequences.

Actually I don't think that is the case. I think they just can evaluate talent, and Byrd is a possible Sunday player as a db. Kid can play. And now he will be developed.
It doesn't take a new coaching staff to realize a HS Army All American DB, should have been playing DB the entire time. Just saying.

Reactions: 1 person
iMO, it’s a stupid decision but I don’t have to work with him everyday and it won’t be my back he stabs next.

Pruitt is a young coach and he’ll make other mistakes down the road but in this case he’s dealing with a 4 time problem. He can’t say he didn’t know.

... would not want any of this authoritarian nonsense applied to yourself or your own kids.

Yes, I would. It's not nonsense. You can't have the inmates running the asylum. It was not his place to do what he did. It's cancerous and probably contributed in some way to Jones' downfall. Love the kid's passion. But, he needs to be a man instead of a spoiled child. BTW, my son would concur.

Justified.gif

Who knows, who cares? He's a baller. We need as many as we can get. I may be in the minority, but what he did was funny as hell and it was the truth. On the other hand, it was immature and stupid. But no reason to be kicked off the team

You have inside info on Pruitt's practice details or something?

Please elaborate.

Wish Jauan the very best of luck. Hoping he finds a good team, learns from his mistakes, and has a wonderful career.

Make Cowan Elementary & South Middle School proud!

Are you kidding me? I understand that people are divided about his behavior but saying that he won't make it through Pruitt's practices is absurd.

You had members of the press calling UT "soft" last year and when I heard that I thought "don't tell Warrior, Jennings and Kelly that". If you watched a minute of those kids play, you could tell who the alphas were. There were times I thought Jennings was going to take the football, Butch's headset and the keys to the dam bus and give he*l to anyone who didn't want to step up.

The football field seems to be a place proven to channel his efforts into positive things. If survival is determined by fitness and toughness, Jennings is going to be fine.

You need to get over it and grind that axe somewhere else.

Nah, you need to get over yourself, pal. We were soft last year as a team. Any fool could see that, especially our opponents.

Jennings proved more than once that he is all about himself. Any fool can see that, as well. He's a thug wanting a thug life. He can go "channel his efforts into positive things" somewhere else. He doesn't belong here anymore.

Reactions: 2 people
Let JJ back on the team. He was only saying the CBJ staff was terrible.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwvJ3xjDZgM[/youtube]

I'm really torn on this one, as much as I want him back I think it sets a bad precedent condoning that sort of behavior.

VN Store

Back