Sounding like he's back

Hope so. Everyone deserves a second chance. Especially since there is a new staff. If he blows this chance then he deserves to be booted.

A second chance? He's had more than that. This is a mistake if true. Doubt he stays clean. Sure as he!! would not build around him. Pruitts call but I'd pass on allowing him back.

Reactions: 5 people
Say what you will about JJ but you can't say he doesn't love and give his all for Tennessee. His blood runs as orange as anyone's. He's a natural leader and will explode next season if given the opportunity and some actual coaching. Let's not forget that what we've seen out of JJ, was a true freshman converted quarterback for the most part.

A little disciplinary action. Make him earn it and take off the cuffs and unleash the beast!

Reactions: 2 people
New staff, complete turnover, everyone should get a clean slate in my book. In fact those would be the first words out of my mouth in the team meeting. I would also set a copy of the "organizational chart" on fire.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that none of the people he made the video about, or anyone who decided to dismiss him, are still associated with the university.

Players out there raping people, robbing people, breaking girls jaws... Getting one and two game suspensions.

Our guy makes a video calling a spade a spade and everyone wants him gone. Y'all are absolutely insane, and would not want any of this authoritarian nonsense applied to yourself or your own kids.

Sorry to disagree but I WOULD BE THE ONE APPLYING THE DISCIPLINE.... There is ZERO justification for what he did and I think WE ALL KNOW THAT....

Reactions: 2 people
Would he be forgiven and brought back for same conduct if he was a backup? Our lack of talent may be a big reason for another chance.

He would have been gone on strike 2 or 3. It is what it is and it's how the world works. Lets see if he can keep out of trouble finally.

I'm hearing that JJ is back on the team but has a very short leash. Should come out soon.

Well, considering everyone that dismissed him has now been fired, I'd say there is a good possibility that he is reinstated. It was a harshly represented message, but also a true one!

Say what you will about JJ but you can't say he doesn't love and give his all for Tennessee. His blood runs as orange as anyone's. He's a natural leader and will explode next season if given the opportunity and some actual coaching. Let's not forget that what we've seen out of JJ, was a true freshman converted quarterback for the most part.

A little disciplinary action. Make him earn it and take off the cuffs and unleash the beast!

Hogwash. Jennings is all about Jennings. From the reports of his weed use to being MIA when his team was struggling. He's selfish and self centered. If we are looking to start fresh and change the culture of this program, we don't need his type. Better off without him...far better off. Let him get his act together and take advantage of his "second chance" somewhere else. No way I let him influence this team and locker room.

Reactions: 6 people
Hogwash. Jennings is all about Jennings. From the reports of his weed use to being MIA when his team was struggling. He's selfish and self centered. If we are looking to start fresh and change the culture of this program, we don't need his type. Better off without him...far better off. Let him get his act together and take advantage of his "second chance" somewhere else. No way I let him influence this team and locker room.

No harm in one more chance with the new staff. We need more than 1 wr that can beat press coverage.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that none of the people he made the video about, or anyone who decided to dismiss him, are still associated with the university.

Players out there raping people, robbing people, breaking girls jaws... Getting one and two game suspensions.

Our guy makes a video calling a spade a spade and everyone wants him gone. Y'all are absolutely insane, and would not want any of this authoritarian nonsense applied to yourself or your own kids.

This all day and twice on Saturdays in the fall.

You're 100% correct. He was right. The targets of his frustration were embarrassed. The stuff that players at other schools do and get away with is outrageous (cough cough Bama)

Agree, but wouldnÂ’t Butch play a part in allowing this?

What was Jones supposed to do, beg him to come to practice? You guys want the coach to kiss Hurd, Jennings, Helm and everyone else's ass? It don't work that way.

It won't work that way with Pruitt either. If it does, he won't be here as long as Butch.

What was Jones supposed to do, beg him to come to practice? You guys want the coach to kiss Hurd, Jennings, Helm and everyone else's ass? It don't work that way.

It won't work that way with Pruitt either. If it does, he won't be here as long as Butch.

Hurd had a very bad attitude, borne from ideas his father had for him and they infested him. I actually dont know what JJ did, was it just complain he was lied to by his coaches on twatter? I dont really care if that is it. He is a kid. What did he say that was so bad?

Would he be forgiven and brought back for same conduct if he was a backup? Our lack of talent may be a big reason for another chance.

I agree. But, how many times has Saban reinstated players that have done much worse? Hell, he doesn't even kick his players off the team!!! He usually just suspends them for a game or so.

I'm hearing that JJ is back on the team but has a very short leash. Should come out soon.

EDIT: Since some want to be d**ks let me say again that I do not claim to be some crazy insider in the program. I don't claim to have "sources" blah blah blah. I'm a diehard fan like the rest of you that heard it from some of his immediate family. If it does not come true then I apologize but I felt like it would be worth passing along as I found it very interesting. Just trying to pass along what they said.
hoping you are right.. that he is back and on a short leash.. both are important imho.

No harm in one more chance with the new staff. We need more than 1 wr that can beat press coverage.

One bad apple can be a helluva problem in a locker room so yes there can be harm. Just ask Fulmer about Kelly Washington.

You don't have to believe me. I'm sure everyone is skeptical. Im just telling you what some of his family called and said. They said it hasn't been announced yet but that he was back on team. I know his dad was highly upset with him for screwing up and JJ really wanted to be back on the team. He has an attitude problem as everyone has seen but maybe this will change that.

Hmm, hope they did not tell you in confidence.

One bad apple can be a helluva problem in a locker room so yes there can be harm. Just ask Fulmer about Kelly Washington.

Bad apples are lazy, don't work hard, and play soft to avoid injury. You can't say that about JJ. The way JJ plays needs to rub off on the other players.

What did cpf say about Washington? I know he had a reputation as kind of being a jerk.

Last edited:
By no means only his second chance

I'm sure it's not but it's not like he's getting arrested or beating on women. Sounds like a maturity issue and not knowing how to control his emotions. That's fixable especially with the right coach's around him. It was obvious Butch wasn't making it any easier. He deserves a clean slate with a new staff. He's too young just to give up on. And like I said he's not out raping women or getting arrested for felony's.

Bad apples are lazy, don't work hard, and play soft to avoid injury. You can't say that about JJ. The way JJ plays needs to rub off on the other players.

What did cpf say about Washington? I know he had a reputation as kind of being a jerk.

Bad apples also go MIA for 10 weeks, show up in the student section, and then cry when he gets told he's not going to play a certain position.

I sure hope JJ is back, but he's going to have to learn to keep his emotions in check sometimes:)

When you have to have a teammate come to your dorm because you're not at practice and he finds you stoned, you lose the "coach played a part" excuse.

True to an extent but doesn't mean other issues that were coach related weren't part of the overall problem. That's not any worse than being pulled over and arrested for having weed in your car. He definitely has some issues but nothing that isn't fixable by the right coach. Yes he would have to earn his way back on the team and earn the respect and trust from the Coach's and his teammates. But there is a helluva lot worst things he could be doing that smoking pot. Atleast that's something that is fixable and easily corrected. None of this makes him a bad kid or lost cause. If it was any of our sons we would want JP and Fulmer to allow him one chance to correct his mistakes. Who knows what kind of downward spiral it could cause him if they just gave up on him. Now if he messes up again then yea but he atleast deserves a fresh start and last chance.

VN Store

Back