Sounding like he's back

Thanks I never saw this. But still nothing says he's a bad kid, just a very immature one and no clue on how to control his emotions. I'm still betting Butch played a part in this too just a matter of how big of one. He obviously has some issues whether it be maturity, home life or who knows what else. I remember during the year a poster claiming he knew JJ and family said he was dealing with personal and family stuff. None of us know what could be going on in his life to make him behave that way. Could be nothing could be issues none of us know about and none of our business. But not really fair to judge a kid without knowing everything going on in his life. Thats not the behavior of a kid that doesn't have stuff going on in his life that he may not be dealing with very well. But regardless it's not really the job of internet posters to automatically damn him to hell and be his judge and jury. It's JP and possibly his teammates decision not ours. Especially when they will all get the full story and not just pieces of it like us. I'll trust whatever JP decides and I'm betting he gets a chance under him.

You're still making excuses for him. He quit. Twice. If he had some personal things going on, then he needed to communicate it.
You don't just stop coming.

Reactions: 2 people
You're still making excuses for him. He quit. Twice. If he had some personal things going on, then he needed to communicate it.
You don't just stop coming.

Maybe he did communicate it to Butch. Don't think he has to communicate it to the posters of Volnation. Unless something has changed about the word personal I don't know about I don't think he has to keep any of us in the loop. No sir you just don't stop taking shots at a kid that you have no clue what the whole story is. I'm sure glad you won't ever me my child's student advisor or any other kids. I would hate to see how many kids who had a drink before 21 were kicked out and had campus police called on them..Yikes..You definitely don't need a job that involves having kids who make stupid kid mistakes futures in your hands. And especially if the full facts aren't relayed to you before anybody else or at all. Could be a lot of kids who were given up on for making adolescent mistakes. Thank God for more compassionate and understanding people in this world. I would also suspect JP contacts you and gets your opinion before making a decision either way.If Pruitt decides not to let him back on then I will fully support it because he would have all the facts just like I would support him giving him a chance with strict guidelines. Just make sure if he is reinstated that you don't pull for him, support him or celebrate when he scores. That would be very hypocritical to do so. We will just have to agree to disagree on this.

Reactions: 1 person
And some of you guys think this punk should be allowed to represent UT again as a scholarship football player.

smdh

You don't have to like or support it. We are all allowed our own opinion and nobody is right or wrong. Definitely your right to not want him back but unless he's just done something horrific like become a woman abuser, a thief, something child related or kills someone I'm not gonna hold smoking weed and not being able to control his emotions against him. If that's the worst thing he does in his life I think he's gonna be OK.

Maybe he did communicate it to Butch. Don't think he has to communicate it to the posters of Volnation. Unless something has changed about the word personal I don't know about I don't think he has to keep any of us in the loop. No sir you just don't stop taking shots at a kid that you have no clue what the whole story is. I'm sure glad you won't ever me my child's student advisor or any other kids. I would hate to see how many kids who had a drink before 21 were kicked out and had campus police called on them..Yikes..You definitely don't need a job that involves having kids who make stupid kid mistakes futures in your hands. And especially if the full facts aren't relayed to you before anybody else or at all. Could be a lot of kids who were given up on for making adolescent mistakes. Thank God for more compassionate and understanding people in this world. I would also suspect JP contacts you and gets your opinion before making a decision either way.If Pruitt decides not to let him back on then I will fully support it because he would have all the facts just like I would support him giving him a chance with strict guidelines. Just make sure if he is reinstated that you don't pull for him, support him or celebrate when he scores. That would be very hypocritical to do so. We will just have to agree to disagree on this.

You act like this was an isolated event. It wasn't. He was arrested in February of '17, walked out, walked out a 2nd time, goes on his little hissy fit, was found stoned when he should've been at practice, failed at least 1 drug test. He's been given plenty of opportunities by the university and the program, and he's pissed them all away.

Reactions: 4 people
And some of you guys think this punk should be allowed to represent UT again as a scholarship football player.

smdh

SMGDH, some of you tools keep posting links that quote that sack of s**t Jimmy Hyams. HE should never be allowed to print about UT again. Why doesnt our great online presence troll that p.o.s.?

You act like this was an isolated event. It wasn't. He was arrested in February of '17, walked out, walked out a 2nd time, goes on his little hissy fit, was found stoned when he should've been at practice, failed at least 1 drug test. He's been given plenty of opportunities by the university and the program, and he's pissed them all away.

aighT dude I give up. You are obviously female you remind me exactly of my wife. So no need in even trying to continue on with this. But for the last time he's done nothing but be immature and smoke a lil weed. I guarantee a lot more players smoke it than ones who don't. He should be hung and beaten for being immature, not controlling his temper and smoking pot. Sounds like he needs a 10 year sentence for those horrid and despicable acts. Final thing I'm saying. If it was still the old staff then no he wouldn't get nor would he want another chance. But UT is starting over along with all the players. I'll support water JP decides. End of the day that's all that matters, not what any of us think. And definitely not any of our places to judge JJ when we only have maybe half of the story if that. I'm sure that moving forward if he is allowed to come back that Pruitt will have a stipulation that he keeps every fan informed and up to date on everything involving his personal life. And maybe he should have a Volnation poll that every fan gets to vote on his Fate since so many think they should be judge and jury. We should start a petition and see if we can get that in the works. My final thoughts on this.

aighT dude I give up. You are obviously female you remind me exactly of my wife. So no need in even trying to continue on with this. But for the last time he's done nothing but be immature and smoke a lil weed. I guarantee a lot more players smoke it than ones who don't. He should be hung and beaten for being immature, not controlling his temper and smoking pot. Sounds like he needs a 10 year sentence for those horrid and despicable acts. Final thing I'm saying. If it was still the old staff then no he wouldn't get nor would he want another chance. But UT is starting over along with all the players. I'll support water JP decides. End of the day that's all that matters, not what any of us think. And definitely not any of our places to judge JJ when we only have maybe half of the story if that. I'm sure that moving forward if he is allowed to come back that Pruitt will have a stipulation that he keeps every fan informed and up to date on everything involving his personal life. And maybe he should have a Volnation poll that every fan gets to vote on his Fate since so many think they should be judge and jury. We should start a petition and see if we can get that in the works. My final thoughts on this.

So, we can add sexist to having the maturity level of your shoe size. I shouldn't be as surprised as I am that you don't have the intelligence to understand that the guy walked out on his teammates twice. That has nothing to do with marijuana. He put his own selfishness ahead of his team, and there's no way you can argue otherwise without making **** up. The facts are he got injured, selfishly didn't go to class, didn't go to workouts, didn't go to the games (until the LSU game where he showed up in the student section), tried to back on the team, got told he wouldn't QB, and then stormed off like a crybaby. He's an upperclassman, who clearly can't handle this place.

Reactions: 3 people
Yes, I would. It's not nonsense. You can't have the inmates running the asylum. It was not his place to do what he did. It's cancerous and probably contributed in some way to Jones' downfall. Love the kid's passion. But, he needs to be a man instead of a spoiled child. BTW, my son would concur.

View attachment 150886

But I thought inmates running the asylum was exactly what this fanbase wants.

doublesecretprobation.jpg

Maybe cjp sits down w parent & player and lays it all out there for the family to understand that if jj so much as looks at him the wrong way or is late for class he gone.

I'm hearing that JJ is back on the team but has a very short leash. Should come out soon.

EDIT: Since some want to be d**ks let me say again that I do not claim to be some crazy insider in the program. I don't claim to have "sources" blah blah blah. I'm a diehard fan like the rest of you that heard it from some of his immediate family. If it does not come true then I apologize but I felt like it would be worth passing along as I found it very interesting. Just trying to pass along what they said.

cool man...thanks...like that you're passing along info with a disclaimer...hope it's true...:thumbsup:

GO VOLS!

Well if you're arrested for having weed it doesn't matter what the circumstances were. It's illegal regardless of other circumstances. I honestly don't have a problem with weed, it's way safer than drinking. I would much rather someone be behind the wheel high than drunk. You can still function and have control over yourself unlike when your drunk. I'm not taking up for JJ at all he definitely has some issues that need to be corrected and worked out. But my point is there's nothing he's done that makes him a lost cause and not deserving of a fresh start. Weed and immaturity aren't justification for completely giving up on a kid( young man) that has their whole life ahead of them. Many great men had similar issues at the same age. Nothing he's done isn't beyond fixable.
Just a couple of questions for you.
Where do you draw the line? Does a 4 star make you entitled? Is a 19 year old considered a man?

Maybe you don’t know that he was already suspended from the week before failed drug test, didn’t go to class as required, shows up at practice but leaves when he finds out he’s not playing QB vs Vandy (I still can’t beleive how most Vol fans don’t find this completely absurd) and then dog cusses the coaching staff and program. So, what do you do to a 4 time loser in the one week? Bring him back and you can forget any discipline.

Crazy isn't it?

Maybe cjp sits down w parent & player and lays it all out there for the family to understand that if jj so much as looks at him the wrong way or is late for class he gone.

He's already gone and should stay gone. He's had more than enough chances. Enough is enough.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that none of the people he made the video about, or anyone who decided to dismiss him, are still associated with the university.

Players out there raping people, robbing people, breaking girls jaws... Getting one and two game suspensions.

Our guy makes a video calling a spade a spade and everyone wants him gone. Y'all are absolutely insane, and would not want any of this authoritarian nonsense applied to yourself or your own kids.

Doesn’t bother me either way if he goes or stays, but you’re insane if you think that rant is what got him gone. Multiple issues with him have been talked about a lot on here. If he is the selfish problem causing person that he seems to be, then we’re better off without him. Anyone who has ever taken part in a team activity knows the same.

But I thought inmates running the asylum was exactly what this fanbase wants.

:lolabove:

If someone truly believed that, then they didn't listen to the fanbase. The fanbase wasn't forced to intervene until after it was embarrassingly obvious that an "asylum" was exactly what had emerged on the scene in the first place.

Think checks and balances. If an adequate check isn't cut for a Tennessee-worthy (proven winner) coach after one has been publicly promised, then The Hill can only be balanced by the weight of the heads rolling down it.

There's nothing profited by attempts to dupe the revenue source. In other words, be grateful for that semblance of an easy peace afforded everyone now because the jig is up whether it's believed now or the fanbase remains taken for granted and embarrassed yet again because that forces actions that are impossible to disbelieve later.

It's far more profitable to get the job done right the first time instead of trying to get too cute with it all just because someone mistakenly thinks they can get away with it.

If that someone doesn't like the taste of egg on face, then that same someone shouldn't be the hen to hatch it. There's no pun intended with hatch it/hatchet. Expensive and explosive is the day one confuses landmines for the little people.

Just a couple of questions for you.
Where do you draw the line? Does a 4 star make you entitled? Is a 19 year old considered a man?

Not sure about the first two questions but, as the father of an eighteen year, I would answer "Yes - When he acts like one." to the last one.

VN Store

Back