Sporting News: Tennessee best case and worst case

Best case = I go home from work and find out my wife has prepared steak and potatoes for dinner

OR...

Worst case = I find out I have a flesh eating disease that will painfully take my life

Reactions: 1 person
For my "Best Case", I'll go with: Fulmer back on payroll, and the 10 year curse is lifted. Karma swings back in Vol's direction, the Vols stay healthy all year, and Vols channel their "inner 1985 Sugar Vols" on the way to an SEC Championship.

Reactions: 3 people
(TN) Best case: Quinten Dormady or Jarrett Guarantano seizes control as starting quarterback in a convincing Labor Day victory against Georgia Tech. The defensive line flourishes under Brady Hoke, and John Kelly is a star at running back. <edit>The Vols knock off rivals Florida and Georgia in September and at Alabama in Tuscaloosa in Oct, to head back to the SEC championship <edit> game for the first time since 2007 with a 10-2 record.

I edited the above, to match this below...

Bama
Worst case: Florida State beats Alabama in the opener, giving the Crimson Tide back-to-back losses against ACC powerhouses. Saban rights the ship as usual, and the Tide don&#8217;t lose again until Tennessee upsets them on a last-second field goal on Oct. 21. Auburn then wins the SEC West at Alabama&#8217;s expense, giving Saban his first three-loss season since 2010. It turns into a four-loss when Jim Harbaugh and Michigan beat the Tide in the Citrus Bowl.

Nationdom is like a fisherman casting his net out in the middle of the ocean.

He has already caught all he can from the concentrated schools of fish closer in to shore, so now he's out in the deeper water. Doesn't pull nearly as many in, just the ones who haven't been around enough to know about his net.

:)

I must have missed the implied blue* font.

*Obviously a deep blue, like the figurative ocean to which you refer above :)

Reactions: 2 people
I can't disagree, really. Is it fair to look at the new QB, unproven and young RB group, the loss of Barnett and the questions at LB and say that they should hit 9 wins? I want to say they can get to 9 wins, but I've taken my glasses off and think 8 wins sounds about right. I think 9 wins would restore some confidence in Burch for me. So yeah, with that in mind, 6 wins as a low and 10 as a high sounds fair in their assesment.

I think that their "best case" scenario is very likely, almost guaranteed. Just another example of not knowing the roster or football in general.

I wish I had your confidence right now I don't see a guarantee in beating both UF and GA. We should be GA Tech and absolutely have to win atleast of out of UF and GA. I think we are better than Florida but still it's not easy winning in the Swamp but hopefully that's one of the streaks we break this yr. GA is a home game and we really need to win all of those and I'm guessing that will be Checkerboard Neyland and Smokey Grey day. Top to bottom GA has the better team but I'm one of the few that just isn't impressed with Eason and not sure Kirby is a championship type coach. But beating GA Tech and atleast 1 of GA/FL is crucial because I'm already counting Ala/LSU highly probable losses.

Yeah, there's no Cody on this year's Tide team to block the field goal attempt.

Very true but that FG was going wide left. My problem with how that game ended was Kiffin knew he had a kicker who was hurting and had an injury but instead of trying to get a few more yards he went into not lose mode instead of win mode. He could have gotten Lincoln a few more yards to make it an easier kick but I don't know if he didn't trust Crompton or what.Definately was a game we should have won.

I wish I had your confidence right now I don't see a guarantee in beating both UF and GA. We should be GA Tech and absolutely have to win atleast of out of UF and GA. I think we are better than Florida but still it's not easy winning in the Swamp but hopefully that's one of the streaks we break this yr. GA is a home game and we really need to win all of those and I'm guessing that will be Checkerboard Neyland and Smokey Grey day. Top to bottom GA has the better team but I'm one of the few that just isn't impressed with Eason and not sure Kirby is a championship type coach. But beating GA Tech and atleast 1 of GA/FL is crucial because I'm already counting Ala/LSU highly probable losses.

I've got a really big problem with the smoKY grey and an even bigger problem with wearing it agaisnt traditional rivals and big time games. If we are going to have them fine, but let's not ruin tradition and history by wearing them while beating UGA and UF. It really aggravates me knowing we were not wearing our school colors when we beat UF last year and UGA the year before.

We cannot lose home games. Period. It doesn't matter who the opponent is, Neyland is to great. Playing in the Swamp won't be easy, but we should win by 10 down there.

10-2 is "almost guaranteed"? What contributes to that viewpoint? Nothing about the eventual outcome is guaranteed this season, or any future season for that matter. I'm all for the best case scenario materializing (it would be great), but I have a 'wait and see' attitude at this point.

I'm with you. I don't think 10-2 is even a decent possibility. I think Ala and LSU are very highly probable losses so that means we would have to beat GA for the 3rd straight year, beat UF not only back to back years but also at the Swamp which hasn't been done since '03. But I absolutely believe we are much better than UF.Would also mean Butch would would have to finish above .500 in the conference which he's done once. Hopefully the staff overhaul helps to change all of that.

I'm with you. I don't think 10-2 is even a decent possibility. I think Ala and LSU are very highly probable losses so that means we would have to beat GA for the 3rd straight year, beat UF not only back to back years but also at the Swamp which hasn't been done since '03. But I absolutely believe we are much better than UF.Would also mean Butch would would have to finish above .500 in the conference which he's done once. Hopefully the staff overhaul helps to change all of that.

LSU has no QB, no head coach and will play Tennessee at Neyland stadium. Rest easy.

I've got a really big problem with the smoKY grey and an even bigger problem with wearing it agaisnt traditional rivals and big time games. If we are going to have them fine, but let's not ruin tradition and history by wearing them while beating UGA and UF. It really aggravates me knowing we were not wearing our school colors when we beat UF last year and UGA the year before.

We cannot lose home games. Period. It doesn't matter who the opponent is, Neyland is to great. Playing in the Swamp won't be easy, but we should win by 10 down there.

Really?!?! It still bothers you that we wore an alternate uniform and got a W against 2 of our biggest rivals...Really?!?!

C'mon Man!

Reactions: 2 people

As long as the players choose to wear them then just sit back and enjoy the wins.

Why does it matter? The game is over with and we won. There's nothing more to discuss unless you're in the mood to whine & b*tch.

Last edited:
If the worst case does happen and we're 2-5. Butch had better get the Dooley treatment and fired before the season ends.

Here's to hoping for the best case scenario to happen, and not the worst.

And watch that Top 5 recruiting class evaporate like dry ice on hot pavement.

Exactly why GT is the most important game of the season even though it has no conference implications. It's all about setting the tone early this season and not letting the hot seat talk affect the team. 2-0 heading to the UF game is a must.

Exactly why GT is the most important game of the season even though it has no conference implications. It's all about setting the tone early this season and not letting the hot seat talk affect the team. 2-0 heading to the UF game is a must.

Remember when a lot of people on here were so worried about Utah state? It's GA tech, they are no match for UT.

Remember when a lot of people on here were so worried about Utah state? It's GA tech, they are no match for UT.

Yeah and what about Appy State last year? I guarantee you were sweating your a** off until the end. I do think we win the game, but we need to make a statement and win by at least two touchdowns.

The best case is not CBJ way. If it did happen it would be labeled an anomaly.

No it it did happen it would mean devastating injuries wouldn't hammer us every week and CBJ learned from his coaching mistakes of the past. People can learn from previous mistakes I'm assuming it am I just shooting blanks.

VN Store

Back