Stopping Gurley

What do you think the over/under is on him making it through the game? I go for 2 quarters and he doesnt come out after half time. AND NO, not because he is not needed, but because he is fragile. just watch. He cant take the hits. AJ and company gonna make him think twice. We will hit him, lets see what kind of heart the gurly man has.

EDIT: I dont want any young men hurt, but its a rough sport. Ask Lattimore. And chub needs to keep that thumb in a cast and be careful as well, he is one well placed helmet away from . . . sitting out a few weeks.

Last edited:
Sound blocking and tackling are essential to playing winning football, good RBs run through arm tackles.

My concern is we stop one of their RB there are more right behind him with the same type of skill level, this is not like last years backups.

My concern is we stop one of their RB there are more right behind him with the same type of skill level, this is not like last years backups.

I saw Sony Michel firsthand Saturday. He played everything from slot receiver to tailback to Wildacat QB. Dude is straight up scary in space.

Like another poster said just keep him out of the end zone. I don't care if he rushes for 500 yards. Chubb is hurt but Michel is very good. People thought Georgia was unbeatable just because they rolled Clemson. Big deal. We usually play Georgia tough.

Get that crap out of here. That was five years ago! (And it still hurts like hell)

I still have nights where I awake in a cold sweat screaming "Someone please for the love of all that is holy, tackle Dexter!". Yet, he still runs!

Gotta figure out a way to get him suspended for a game :eek:lol:

Have to sacrifice a DB and put in an extra tackler. Go up by a few scores. Sustain drives on offense and keep our D on the bench. Normal stuff like that.

What's Tonya Harding up to these days? That would be one option.

You mean Tonya's boyfriend....the one with the bat? Jail
Lets stick to tackling Gurley. If he starts to break the tackle, grab this legs and ankles. In space, that's the only way one of our DB's are going to stop him.

How good of a job will we do with Todd Gurley this Saturday against UGA? I've been really impressed with the improvements in our defense this year. Our secondary is so much better and I think it's really helping our LB's to be more effective in the run game. I can't wait to see AJ Johnson light up Gurley. However, UGA's Gurley is one of the best RB's, so how do you think we'll stack up?

I'm not sure what plays UT has, but my game plan would be to dink and dunk, move the chains, kill the clock. Keep their running game off the field as much as possible because they'll rush for 300 yards if we let them. SC managed to have the ball 3 min longer than UGA and UGA still outrushed them. They need to play within themselves to. No penalties. Let UGA have 7-10 penalties for 80 yards, we dont need stupidity like that.

Visions of Dexter Mccluster dance through my nightmare infused dreams...

Visions of Darren McFadden dance through my head. Don't you remember that the media predicted that he would have 200 yards against in Knoxville and Ar Kansas would win.

He was frustrated. Got no where near even 100 yards and they lost the game.

You see Dexter McCluster, but I see Darren McFadden.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back