Stopping Gurley

We win this game if CBJ uses Spurrier's "blueprint" on how to beat UGA and that is attack the middle w/ Tight Ends, and use the 2 TE sets more than often until the middle opens up, once that happens, then you got 1:1 on the outside w/ Malone & North in which we hope Worley can hit the deep pass (for once)..........On Defense, go man to man w/ GA receivers and stack the box against the run...............UGA secondary is "very suspect"............THIS IS NOT HARD......attack their weakness, and hopefully the O-Line can hold up a little bit better and the O-line coach has had 2 weeks...............NO EXCUSES !!

Watch come game time.....Pay attention to Gurley.....He is a sneaky player.....During the South Carolina game....when the refs called unsportsmanlike like conduct on a Carolina player for hitting Gurley...Gurley had headbutted 3 different Carolina players....I am surprised that only one player hit him....

Reactions: 1 person
Im not sure what the definition of "stopping" is.

Hes gonna make some plays, hes just that good. Its about Mason and putting him in the position to have to make throws. I think the outcome (good, bad, or really bad) is about him. Can we put him in the position and make the plays when we do.

Our offense is critical cant get behind early like OU and expect any different outcome.

Watch come game time.....Pay attention to Gurley.....He is a sneaky player.....During the South Carolina game....when the refs called unsportsmanlike like conduct on a Carolina player for hitting Gurley...Gurley had headbutted 3 different Carolina players....I am surprised that only one player hit him....

He wasn't sneaky about it. Refs just didn't call it.

I m thinking that if i see the defense wrapping up and swarming to the ball we have a chance. No trashing your body thinking you can bang gurley to the ground. There was a lot of hopeful hitting in the OU game but also turnover potential...and arguably we did force fumbles against OU with some good hitting. Over the past few years i find myself yelling please guys just hold on for all u got cuz gurleys hips are cast iron. But what are the coaches telling the players? Hit for turnovers? Try to strip? Do anything possible to get him down short of leg whipping?

He's back. In fact, he got carries at the end of the Troy game yesterday.

Not sure about Keith Marshall. He got dinged and was on the trainer's table forever.

yep chubb got in a few carries, but with the club he was limited. this weekend he will have the smaller brace so he will be fine.. keith marshall doesn't have any acl damage, but he was bent backwards pretty good so no idea if he is out this week or not. they will have more info on keith marshall in a few days.

Not that worried, If USCjr can stop him I know we can

usce didn't stop him.. almost 7 yards per carry isn't stopping an rb.. if not for a bad referee call to take a 54 yard touchdown off the board for gurley he would have been close to 200 yards. btw here are the average yards per carry:

#UGA's backfield, yards per carry:
17.8 - Isaiah McKenzie
10.3 - Sony Michel
9.8 - Todd Gurley
9.5 - Nick Chubb
8.8 - Quayvon Hicks

The vol's will not stop UGA's running game and it's doubtful they can slow it down.

Last edited:
You have to stack the box and hit them up front. Speed at OLB should help if they run East to West. AJ will close the middle up most of the game and we cant allow their O line to hit the second level. Secondary needs to be ready if he breaks one. Theyll get their yards on the ground.

yep chubb got in a few carries, but with the club he was limited. this weekend he will have the smaller brace so he will be fine.. keith marshall doesn't have any acl damage, but he was bent backwards pretty good so no idea if he is out this week or not. they will have more info on keith marshall in a few days.

It made no sense to anybody why Chubb was even dressed out, much less carrying the ball late, against a team that bad.

usce didn't stop him.. almost 7 yards per carry isn't stopping an rb.. if not for a bad referee call to take a 54 yard touchdown off the board for gurley he would have been close to 200 yards. btw here are the average yards per carry:

17.8 - Isaiah McKenzie
10.3 - Sony Michel
9.8 - Todd Gurley
9.5 - Nick Chubb
8.8 - Quayvon Hicks

The vol's will not stop UGA's running game and it's doubtful they can slow it down.

There's being a homer and then there's you.
Im all about being optimisTic about things but you seriously think we won't slow it down? We are a lot better on d than previous years give us a little credit.

17.8 - Isaiah McKenzie
10.3 - Sony Michel
9.8 - Todd Gurley
9.5 - Nick Chubb
8.8 - Quayvon Hicks

Lol @ using McKenzies average. He's only ran the ball 4 times the whole year against s*** defenses. I'm sure those four rushes were some kind of trickery plays, so it wouldn't be that hard. You're doing an amazing job of trolling as usual.

Tennessee's defense is better than Carolina all the way around. UGA's defense was atrocious against Carolina's offense. We win this game if we limit stupid mistakes and limit YAC versus their running backs. Our offensive line will still need to stop their pass rushers but this team isn't nearly as good as the last team the Vols played.

VN Store

Back