Strongly encouraged

In each of the last two seasons Butch has had a winning percentage greater than the winning percentage over the history of the TN football program. I point this out not because I'm satisfied with Butch. I point this out to counter the idiot Nega Vols that don't understand actual facts.

How's that conference record look? I mean, yeah padding your record by (barely) beating App Stat and Ohio, are wonderful and all, but 5-3 and 4-4 in conference play is supposed to make people believe that "next year, is our year?" Why?

Reactions: 3 people
Injuries didn't cause SC and Vandy. Butch Jones chokes every year. Keep telling yourself all those things to keep the faith in saint Butch.

Many would disagree on the impact of injuries. While watching the Green Bay/Falcons game last week, all the analysts(calling the game) agreed that the reason the Falcons offensive line is so great is because it's the same guys they had in the first game of the season.....One of the few teams with no injuries to their offensive line this year. They further stated, you cannot over state the importance that has on the team chemistry. So I will take their opinion over yours. Heck did UT have the same guys for even 2 games in a row?:hi:

Reactions: 6 people
Getting killed on the recruiting trail

I remember back in 2013, the excuses for Butch was "he didn't have enough talent. We recruited too many 3 stars under Dooley"

2017 Class is at 27 commits right now

5*- 1
4*- 4
3*- 22

81% of your class is made up of 3* players
We pulled 20% of five stars Saban did, he's only getting 5. Not like they are falling from trees, same for 4 stars of which we have 4. If he averages that over 4 years you end up with four 5 stars, and sixteen 4 stars which is almost a full 22 team complement. Not bad if you get a couple of 3 stars like a Cam Sutton playing with those 5 and 4 stars. Granted he's not recruiting like Saban but who the hell else is??

Injuries didn't cause SC and Vandy. Butch Jones chokes every year. Keep telling yourself all those things to keep the faith in saint Butch.

What do you mean chokes? Didn't look like a dear in the headlights to me. Made decisions when they needed to be made. He should have bounced Hurd before the game but hindsight is always 20/20. Given all the problems with players and staff a 9 win season was ok. Looks like Butch is pushing the correct buttons to make improvements.

Reactions: 2 people
What do you mean chokes? Didn't look like a dear in the headlights to me. Made decisions when they needed to be made. He should have bounced Hurd before the game but hindsight is always 20/20. Given all the problems with players and staff a 9 win season was ok. Looks like Butch is pushing the correct buttons to make improvements.
You need to go back and watch his face during the Vandy game. Honestly, he looked clueless.

You can make statistics say whatever you want based on the sample size.

Butch is 1-0 and Saban is 0-1. Butch > Saban???

CBJ is 14-18 against the SEC in four years, 1 win agaisnt a top ten ten and 0 wins against the west in four years, go ahead and spin that all you want. It is less an mediocre at best and shows zero indication of ever being great

That's a 9 win season. Every year. :whistling:

Sitting at 59% thus far at Tennessee, and 62.5% for his 10 year career. Neither are bad, but neither approach Fulmer's career by comparison. Maybe I should've added he can holler at us once Jones wins the East division, even once, not to mention a handful of SEC titles.

Reactions: 1 person
You can make statistics say whatever you want based on the sample size.

Butch is 1-0 and Saban is 0-1. Butch > Saban???

You can indeed.....

Saban is 119-19 with 5 national titles
Butch is 80-48 with a few bowl wins and shared minor conference titles. Thinking these statistics give a little better snapshot of the two coaches.

Reactions: 3 people
You can indeed.....

Saban is 119-19 with 5 national titles
Butch is 80-48 with a few bowl wins and shared minor conference titles. Thinking these statistics give a little better snapshot of the two coaches.
Saban's record is not 119-19 is it? I'm assuming that only includes his coaching years at Bama, yeah?

"what I am most impressed with is the quality of young men Butch is recruiting."

Hmmmmm, could CBJ be following in the steps of CPF?? Great recruiter. Average field General?

Hopefully not. A large part of what paved Fulmer's road out was player arrests. And though Butch may never eliminate it he is doing much more about it than Fulmer ever did.

We may one day lose Butch for bad play calling, but that might be the end of similarities to Fulmer.

We pulled 20% of five stars Saban did, he's only getting 5. Not like they are falling from trees, same for 4 stars of which we have 4. If he averages that over 4 years you end up with four 5 stars, and sixteen 4 stars which is almost a full 22 team complement. Not bad if you get a couple of 3 stars like a Cam Sutton playing with those 5 and 4 stars. Granted he's not recruiting like Saban but who the hell else is??

Urban Meyer:)

VN Store

Back