Strongly encouraged

Jones is going to be fired within the next years for being stubborn. His gameday decisions haven't gotten any better. Players aren't better coached.

It's funny how easily the actual on field choke jobs are forgotten. Butch blew the SEC east and then was handed the sugar bowl and blew that too.

Butch will get the hype train rolling and then the same thing or worse will happen next season.

Prepare to be "encouraged" by the mid level bowl results again next season.

"Relentless pursuit of resilient recruits"

I'm responding to you because I'm pretty sure Fade has me on ignore.

I don't get where you guys see the "others" supporting Butch over the program and how it's so "rampant ".

I see maybe 5 or 6 that seem that way, but if they support Butch, who is part of the program and in charge of the program, how does that translate to support him over the program?

Because they support him and you are not happy with his results (which I understand) which ultimately means, to you, he's ruining the program, therefore they support him over the program?

Do you really believe they actually care more about Him than the program? Sorry, that's dumb. Imo.

And "rampant "?

Haha, See how "Hohen" was the only one that used rampant, but I'm including "others" in the same group that may or may not agree.

Drop in and say hi sometime.:thumbsup:

There are many posters who can't tolerate any thoughtful critique of Jones' performance and resort to calling those posting critiques a bunch of juvenile names and insults. ReaderVol and I_Bleed_Orange77 to name a few.

Reactions: 1 person
Nope, I don't have anyone on ignore. I'm not threatened by others' opinions like some. Freak can verify.

Okay. My bad. I had a reason I thought that, but it doesn't matter. I didn't think you were threatened and I certainly don't need verification.

There are many posters who can't tolerate any thoughtful critique of Jones' performance and resort to calling those posting critiques a bunch of juvenile names and insults. ReaderVol and I_Bleed_Orange77 to name a few.

I get that. I just think it gets exaggerated sometimes, and for whatever reason I feel the need to comment on it.

Getting killed on the recruiting trail

I remember back in 2013, the excuses for Butch was "he didn't have enough talent. We recruited too many 3 stars under Dooley"

2017 Class is at 27 commits right now

5*- 1
4*- 4
3*- 22

81% of your class is made up of 3* players

While I agree it would be nice to have several higher ranked players committed, it "should" not be as big a deal this year as the past 3 or 4 years. With the amount of 4 star sophs & jrs we already have on the roster, most of this years class should not have to be counted on to contribute very much. In most cases I prefer a 3* senior starting over a 4* freshman.
The ratings are based on current talent which means a 5 star should contribute immediately, a 4* may contribute, and a 3* should need coaching and growth before contributing (one reason very few offensive linemen are 5*). Once a roster is built and you can rely on JRs & SRs you can develop some recruits and not depend on them. How many redshirts has CBJ been able to save in 4 years?

Lol at your ignorance. Butch is paid 4 million a year to produce results. Underperforming is kinda how you get fired anywhere.

But good job on trying.

First of all Mr. Waylo, calling people ignorant because they have a different opinion than you is, well, ignorant. I'm not sure that not meeting expectations due to an abundance of negatives happening in your program (injuries, coaches quarrel and self centered RB) would be considered underachieving. I still believe in CBJ and the Tennessee football program and think they can turn it around in 2017. If not, I'll jump on the Nega train with you and together we'll make sure we run Ole coach Jones right outta Ktown.

So the first 2 years don't count and you started counting the last 19 games ? You realize that most of those wins were against the weaker teams in the SEC and weak OOC games right ?

I just pointed out that Butch is now winning 75% of his last 19 (actually 21). That was the criteria that THE OTHER POSTER USED to say that Butch needed in order to be in Fulmer's "stratosphere". He said to get back to him when Butch meets ANY of the criteria listed and I pointed out that he has.

Strongly encouraged??? The dude has lost several and I mean many that he should have won over the past two seasons! Go back to 2015 and look at Oklahoma and Florida! Now, look at the choke jobs this past season!

Folks, Jones aint it and aint gonna be it!

Who you got in mind to take over? I mean, all the great coaches were lined up wanting the job 4 years ago and we turned them down so we could take CBJ remember. Instead of whining about who you don't want, give us some names off the waiting list who will come in and be sure fire winners.

Reactions: 1 person
In each of the last two seasons Butch has had a winning percentage greater than the winning percentage over the history of the TN football program. I point this out not because I'm satisfied with Butch. I point this out to counter the idiot Nega Vols that don't understand actual facts.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back