Strongly encouraged

A lot of Vol fans (used loosely) are "what have you done for me lately" people. They would rather keep the program in turmoil by changing coaches and flipping the roster at the first sign of not meeting the personal expectations they set for the team. Not sure how they would feel about that philosophy if it were their job we were talking about. Flame away boys!
yeah, that's the goal.:crazy:

Reactions: 1 person
It's a message board about Tennessee sports. It's not like people are doing it in the checkout line getting milk and eggs.

Speak for yourself. I'm currently in the check out line but I forgot the eggs so thanks for the reminder.

A lot of Vol fans (used loosely) are "what have you done for me lately" people. They would rather keep the program in turmoil by changing coaches and flipping the roster at the first sign of not meeting the personal expectations they set for the team. Not sure how they would feel about that philosophy if it were their job we were talking about. Flame away boys!

We've sucked for so long, that I feel safe saying they're not too many fair weather fans floating around.

Those people have already bought their bama and Florida hats and moved on.

Reactions: 4 people

Lol at your ignorance. Butch is paid 4 million a year to produce results. Underperforming is kinda how you get fired anywhere.

But good job on trying.

Reactions: 4 people
30 is greater than 21, a .411 win percentage. That's well below avg and unacceptable. I'm not ecstatic over a .588 win 5, but it's improving and that's what we all want to see.

He's left 5-6 wins on the field but 30-21 ain't bad considering what he started with. However, the whole discussion was about comparing coaches and their full records. TGO is only interested in cherry picking 9 games here, 19 games there. Just trying to make the fair comparison.

yep, ga and the gators will get better. it seems the last 2-3 years we had great shots of winning the SEC east but in game decisions lost it for us.
What Gators will be better? This is news to me considering our recruiting has been better overall since 2014.

Lol at your ignorance. Butch is paid 4 million a year to produce results. Underperforming is kinda how you get fired anywhere.

But good job on trying.
Lol at your ignorance. Instead of b******* about the guy who makes 4mill a year you should be doing that to the people who hired him.

Complaining does nothing, princess, but good job on TRYING. Big kiss 😘

Reactions: 3 people
Lol at your ignorance. Instead of b******* about the guy who makes 4mill a year you should be doing that to the people who hired him.

Complaining does nothing, princess, but good job on TRYING. Big kiss 😘

Hey Indiana I wouldn't even waste my time tryin to make that moron Wylo understand anything..... he jumped on his menstrual cycle back during the season and has been spewing garbage ever since!! He don't know jack crap about half of what he thinks he knows butbyet somehow thisnk it's cool to jump on a message board and down EVERYBODY that has a opinion.

Reactions: 5 people
This is ultimately what will be the downfall of Butch. You can't defend that.
1-0 against Florida and a 2 game winning streak against Ga, I'll take it.

Am I sold on Butch? No, but we did show what this system can do versus good defenses. A fully healthy team throttles Florida's defense are you calling that lucky?

All you negas pick and choose your arguments like you pick your boogers.

This is the best conference in CFB and you can't have the magnitude of injuries especially at DT and expect to be successful.

We beat Kentucky nobody cries about that game but did you see how bad our defense was without true defensive tackles? AWFUL. We should have lost to Kentucky also.

This is the SEC, not the ACC. Not the big east. Give it a grip guys. I hate moral victories and excuses but considering what the team had injury wise, (coaches not getting along/buying into Shoops scheme), and considering we had a quitter at RB taking all the carries for 8 games, this season was as good as it could have been.

Bad chemistry and bad injuries in the best conference in CFB will sure derail your season.

And that's the truth, with some cheese on it.

Edit: with that said I do question recruiting, we should have better depth and they should have not put up with Hurd's crap attitude. Won't deny those.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
with what Butch and company have accomplished since the vandy loss. Recruiting took a step forward with Trey Smith, has now stabilized and the bowl game was won convincingly against a quality opponent. However, what I am most impressed with is the quality of young men Butch is recruiting. When you read up on commits like Cheyenne L., Trey S., Ty C., Ryan T., Kivon B., Maleik G., Seth W., Riley L., Deandre J., Solon P. it is obvious Butch really does have a recruiting profile he follows. While no one is perfect, the commits I’ve been able to read up on seem like high character, high quality young men that will give their all for TN, represent the university and their families with class and win championships, both life and football. Players like Josh D. and Derek B.

It looks to me like Butch is growing, making the difficult changes when necessary and he is rebuilding TN football. Three straight bowl wins and back to back 9 win seasons. We are moving in the right direction!

And, let’s not forget Butch and company ended the streak:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYWZ358yiD4

GO VOLS!!!

Nice! I appreciate you allowing me to hitch my wagon to your post. I'm not singing Kumbaya just yet, but I have reflected on all the negative things that occurred in 2016 that could have driven a normal person (head coach) to the looney bin. Hats off to our coaches, staff and team for keeping it together. Ponder the impact that these events may have had on the season and recruiting..

- The Title IX lawsuit
- Alleged sexual misconduct
- Strength and conditioning coach terminated
- Losing JRM, Sutton, Berry, Foreman, Griffin, Hall, A. Johnson, Kelly, McKenzie, Kirkland, Tuttle, O'Brien, McDowell, Philips, Robertson, Sapp, J. Smith, Wiesman, A. Smith, Kendrick, J. Jones and others to injury at some point
- Two 5* players quit
- All the negative press and negative opinions on the program..but,

I'm a Grad and a VFL....YA CANT GET RID OF ME :p

Last edited:
Nice! I appreciate you allowing me to hitch my wagon to your post. I'm not singing Kumbaya just yet, but I have reflected on all the negative things that occurred in 2016 that could have driven a normal person (head coach) to the looney bin. Hats off to our coaches, staff and team for keeping it together. Thinkmof the impact these events may have had on the season and recruiting..

- The Title IX lawsuit
- Alleged sexual misconduct
- Strength and conditioning coach terminated
- Losing JRM, Sutton, Berry, Foreman, Griffin, Hall, A. Johnson, Kelly, McKenzie, Kirkland, Tuttle, O'Brien, McDowell, Philips, Robertson, Sapp, J. Smith, Sutton, Wiesman, A. Smith, Kendrick, and J. Jones to injury at some point
- Two 5* players quit
- All the negative press and negative opinions on the program..but,

I'm a Grad and a VFL....YA CANT GET RID OF ME :p
This along with what I just posted look above ^

Perfect examples. All of these issues while being in the best conference in college foootball is not a recipe for success. It very well could have been MUCH worse.

"what I am most impressed with is the quality of young men Butch is recruiting."

Hmmmmm, could CBJ be following in the steps of CPF?? Great recruiter. Average field General?

Fulmer was an average field general?

you-serious-clark-o.gif

1-0 against Florida and a 2 game winning streak against Ga, I'll take it.

Am I sold on Butch? No, but we did show what this system can do versus good defenses. A fully healthy team throttles Florida's defense are you calling that lucky?

All you negas pick and choose your arguments like you pick your boogers.

This is the best conference in CFB and you can't have the magnitude of injuries especially at DT and expect to be successful.

We beat Kentucky nobody cries about that game but did you see how bad our defense was without true defensive tackles? AWFUL. We should have lost to Kentucky also.

This is the SEC, not the ACC. Not the big east. Give it a grip guys. I hate moral victories and excuses but considering what the team had injury wise, (coaches not getting along/buying into Shoops scheme), and considering we had a quitter at RB taking all the carries for 8 games, this season was as good as it could have been.

Bad chemistry and bad injuries in the best conference in CFB will sure derail your season.

And that's the truth, with some cheese on it.

Edit: with that said I do question recruiting, we should have better depth and they should have not put up with Hurd's crap attitude. Won't deny those.

Very good post.

Latest commit didn't have any......NC State, Ole Miss, Rutgers, Virginia, Vandy, Yale, Air Force, Bucknell, Cincinnati and Old Dominion.

Offers like these are more the norm for the vast majority of our current commits. In most cases, we're not battling and certainly not beating out the top programs you listed this cycle.
Just like the Dooley days......beat out wake forest and bowling green!

It's that the "others" want so desperately to believe all is well that they we'll turn a blind eye to actual results, and instead focus on signs or beliefs.

Heaven forbid anyone criticize the all knowing guy brought in from a mid level program with mid level results. Shockingly enough he is exceptionally mid level here.

I'm responding to you because I'm pretty sure Fade has me on ignore.

I don't get where you guys see the "others" supporting Butch over the program and how it's so "rampant ".

I see maybe 5 or 6 that seem that way, but if they support Butch, who is part of the program and in charge of the program, how does that translate to support him over the program?

Because they support him and you are not happy with his results (which I understand) which ultimately means, to you, he's ruining the program, therefore they support him over the program?

Do you really believe they actually care more about Him than the program? Sorry, that's dumb. Imo.

And "rampant "?

Haha, See how "Hohen" was the only one that used rampant, but I'm including "others" in the same group that may or may not agree.

Drop in and say hi sometime.:thumbsup:

Strongly encouraged??? The dude has lost several and I mean many that he should have won over the past two seasons! Go back to 2015 and look at Oklahoma and Florida! Now, look at the choke jobs this past season!

Folks, Jones aint it and aint gonna be it!

I'm responding to you because I'm pretty sure Fade has me on ignore.

I don't get where you guys see the "others" supporting Butch over the program and how it's so "rampant ".

I see maybe 5 or 6 that seem that way, but if they support Butch, who is part of the program and in charge of the program, how does that translate to support him over the program?

Because they support him and you are not happy with his results (which I understand) which ultimately means, to you, he's ruining the program, therefore they support him over the program?

Do you really believe they actually care more about Him than the program? Sorry, that's dumb. Imo.

And "rampant "?

Haha, See how "Hohen" was the only one that used rampant, but I'm including "others" in the same group that may or may not agree.

Drop in and say hi sometime.:thumbsup:

Nope, I don't have anyone on ignore. I'm not threatened by others' opinions like some. Freak can verify.

VN Store

Back