talked with someone very high up in UT AD office

said Pruitt went ballistic on everyone after the Georgia game, players, other coaches, staff etc
Bottom fell out after needless to say. Nobody liked him in short & all afraid of him.

Tfwiw but its true
This is the exact description I’ve heard from several people about his son who coaches high school.

The pass was him being allowed to retire honorably, plus his buyout instead of being fired and implicated in this mess. Some want to blame the faction of boosters who fired him for Tennessee's failures. Some will blame Fulmer and his friends for it. In truth, it is the instability caused by their constant bickering that has dragged this program through the mud.

I imagine that the new admin saw it in the university’s best interest to allow him to step away “honorably.”

It may have been in exchange for his full cooperation in the investigation, or, perhaps, it was done to appease certain groups of boosters who still support him. Maybe the admin didn’t want to create division in the fan base, because as this forum shows, Fulmer is still well liked by many. Perhaps, it was some combination of those things, or it may have been something else altogether.

In any case, he’s gone, which is the needed outcome for the school to move forward.

Thanks for the insider info. Everyone start following Orangejuicebox going forward and you will be in the know.
No, please don’t, LOL! I’ve seen how “insiders“ are treated on this board. I want no part of it. I come in to contact with players and coaches all the time, but I don’t ask questions or pry for information. This was just one of those rare instances where one of our employees had an interaction. It wasn’t really significant until now.

No, please don’t, LOL! I’ve seen how “insiders“ are treated on this board. I want no part of it. I come in to contact with players and coaches all the time, but I don’t ask questions or pry for information. This was just one of those rare instances where one of our employees had an interaction. It wasn’t really significant until now.
I was joking. Appreciate the one-off information.’

Reactions: TrapVol
he needed to show some emotion after the "S**t show" that was the second half of the GA game. Was it proper to go "ballistic" on everyone, no, but Pruitt was not ready to be a HC when we hired him and we deserve what we got.
No Fulmer hired him and he got what he deserved except he should have been fired again.

If I am remembering correctly the defense quit after three consecutive turnovers in three consecutive possessions, at that point the game was over.

Defensive was totally over it.

Goal line stands and they knew with JG it was a no win situation.

Then after the game and all the goal line stands Pruitt fires their D line coach and no O coaches. At that point, I think the D stopped caring. Whole locker room became a mess.

He probably shouldn't be, but this is Pruitt we are talking about, he probably even put it on his personal credit card.

It’s because he made the mistake one time of telling JG to “order burgers for the team.” JG called Verizon and ordered burner phones for the entire team.

So after that, Jeremy handled it himself.

😎

I can confirm this. I work at a restaurant on the strip and Pruitt personally called in a big order after the Georgia game. We provide food for the team pretty much every week. The employee who answered the phone recognized that it was Pruitt and asked if it was him. When Pruitt said that he was, our employee said something like “That was a tough game, coach. We’re all pulling for you.” To which Pruitt yelled “Tough game?!? We f#@king suck!! We f#@king suck!!“.“

Needless to say, our employee was shocked and a little more than a little uncomfortable taking his order.

Sounds legit.

Reactions: GrayWaterCanine
Defensive was totally over it.

Goal line stands and they knew with JG it was a no win situation.

Then after the game and all the goal line stands Pruitt fires their D line coach and no O coaches. At that point, I think the D stopped caring. Whole locker room became a mess.

It certainly looked that way. Our defense were magnificent heroes for the first half. But the 2nd half they threw their hands in the air and said, "if the O don't care we don't care." If Pruitt went off on the defense at the half he needs to be sitting on a shrink's couch.

Reactions: kcvols1 and NEO
He was simply a true football coach yeah sometimes those kinda coaches go over board however he knew they laid an egg and he got mad. Everyone would of gotten mad as well if their job was on the line if their players/subordinates didn't produce to the level we all know they can.

Have y’all noticed how FULMER gets a pass in all this. He was the AD and he watched the football program burn and did nothing. Cornbread is not the only one complicit in all this mess.
Fulmer made The Program
He took it to a new level, then proceeded to tank it as coach. Then destroy it as AD, a position he was unqualified for, and never should have had in the 1st place. Its humorous how you sheep, only want to acknowledge half the truth.

Reactions: onevol74
He took it to a new level, then proceeded to tank it as coach. Then destroy it as AD, a position he was unqualified for, and never should have had in the 1st place. Its humorous how you sheep, only want to acknowledge half the truth.

It may not be saying much anymore, but Fulmer is the best thing that happened to Tennessee in the last 50 years. So no matter how you view him, the elevator only goes down from him.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
It may not be saying much anymore, but Fulmer is the best thing that happened to Tennessee in the last 50 years. So no matter how you view him, the elevator only goes down from him.

The guy landed a generational QB because he had a competent QB coach and Ole Miss was on probation. Without Cutcliffes coaching and Garners recruiting he got Exposed for the mediocre coach that he was. By the time he was forced out, he was the 6th best coach in a 12 team conference.

The guy landed a generational QB because he had a competent QB coach and Ole Miss was on probation. Without Cutcliffes coaching and Garners recruiting he got Exposed for the mediocre coach that he was. By the time he was forced out, he was the 6th best coach in a 12 team conference.
Who hired Cutcliff & Garner?

Then there are the ones who are slow enough to have to see a blue font to understand the apparent sarcasm. The person I replied to understands it was a joke. Then there are the ones who just like to troll or play devil’s advocate to a fault.

It certainly looked that way. Our defense were magnificent heroes for the first half. But the 2nd half they threw their hands in the air and said, "if the O don't care we don't care." If Pruitt went off on the defense at the half he needs to be sitting on a shrink's couch.

Not true at all. Defense hung tough in that 2nd Half for the most part. Even despite Guaranturnover’s never ending gifts to Georgia, the defense still had us in that game well into the 4th Quarter. Keep in mind that it was still just a 2-possession game until Georgia’s defense scored the last touchdown...off...you guessed it, another Guaranturnover fumble.

Pruitt had no business blaming that game on the defense...as you point out.

It doesn’t matter “why,” the fact is that he led one of the Top 2-3 programs in the conference for around a decade.

It doesn’t matter “why,” the fact is that he led one of the Top 2-3 programs in the conference for around a decade.

Yes. He was a better coach than Croom, Woodenhoffer, Dinardo and Donnan. Once Saban, Richt, Miles and Meyer showed up he got exposed. I’m pretty sure he was winless in his career against Tuberville. He couldn’t even beat coaches who wound up at Cincinnati.

Reactions: GrayWaterCanine

VN Store

Back