Targeting!

This is just before Wilson made contact with JG. It wasn’t the hit that caused Wilson’s helmet to hit JG’s face mask. You’re the one seeing what you want. If this is “below the shoulders” you need some new glasses my friend

A7F52831-90BD-448F-BEAA-0B2FC505864E.jpeg

The SEC may as well dye the hankies crimson to match the Alabama blood money that sponsors the terror in lieu of the actual rules.

Once it's Alabama's blood, it will be different.

He's blind if he thinks those are the same play. The LSU hit was clearly helmet to helmet. Spears is being a Homer.

White's helmet might have slightly scratched Fitzgerald's helmet... but helmets can touch and do on almost every play. White really didn't even hit or tackle him, he clearly pushed him in the chest as released the ball.

I didn't think either one was a roughing the passer nor targeting or even helmet to helmet but I could see the official in the UT game possibly calling that in real time. Neither one was targeting, in White's case it really wasn't even a tackle or hit. Spears is an idiot as always, the helmets can touch and probably did slightly in both cases.

Maybe in the Bama case it could have been leading with the helmet, I just don't see how you make tackles at that point though.

Last edited:
I literally just watched an LSU player hit Fitzgerald like JG got hit by Bama. The LSU player was ejected!

I realize that the refs didn’t cause the loss but the game wasn’t called correctly!!!!
They seldom are in the SEC. They have gotten progressively worst as the years go by. I know a lot of fans of teams who play in the Big Ten and the ACC and they comment on how bad the SEC Refs are.

Helmet to helmet/face mask is not the only targeting. Apparently there’s no such thing as a neck area. You should really go tell the NCAA how to write their rule book

By the rule, what the Bama player did to JG wasn't targeting. Try again.

Bamawriter is sounding like D4H, believes what he writes. Bawahaha. You know damn well if Kirkland had hit Tua the exact same way Kirkland would have been ejected. Saban would probably campaign to the NCAA to have him kicked out of the league. You look like a fool in here trying to justify the hit.

Reactions: OneVolNation
Anybody other than Bama and this gets called every time.

Birmingham determined “he wasn’t defenseless” but nevermind the blatant crown of the helmet to the face mask. There was plenty of review time too. Smh.

Also, pulled this off of tigerdroppings, somebody put it together:

1. Alabama vs A&M:
Senior DB Donovan Wilson.
7 career INTs. 2nd on team in tackles. 19 career tackles for loss.
Ejected for Targeting with 4:00 left in First quarter.
Referee is Matt Loeffler.
2. Alabama vs Missouri:
SR MLB Terez Hall.
Team Captain. Butkus and Nagurski nominee.
Ejected for Targeting with 9:00 left in Second quarter.
Referee is David Smith

3. Alabama vs Tennessee:
Back Up to Previous Game ... Tennessee vs Auburn:
JR MLB Daniel Bituli.
UT’s leading tackler.
Ejected for Targeting with 3:00 left in the game at the end of a Tennessee blowout win.
Referee is Matt Austin.
Bituli misses first half vs Alabama.

4. Alabama vs LSU:
Back up to previous game ... LSU vs Mississippi State
JR ILB Devin White.
Permanent Team Captain.
Pre-season All-American. Butkus, Bednarik, Nagurski nominee
Ejected for Targeting with 5:00 left in the game in a blowout LSU win.
Referee is John McDaid.
White misses first half vs Alabama.

Four different SEC Referees ejected the best or near best defender for Alabama’s opponent ... for Targeting

....something definitely stinks in Birmingham. How can this possibly be defended as non-bias officiating?

And let me say this, I don’t believe this is a conspiracy. This is more than likely unintentional bias, but make no mistake, it is still real and legit bias.

The top of Wilson’s helmet literally made contact with the bottom of JG’s face mask. It says neck AREA, he hit him above the numbers, which is considered the neck area, Buddy. Players have been flagged for hits lower than that. I don’t like the rule it either, but the way it’s written it’s 100% a target. To pretend otherwise just shows your bias

He’s an uneducated individual who lives in the red team’s state where football is valued highly and math scores are not. However, he is a very resilient individual so give him a break. Like they did to JG my bud.

Does that sound ok my most awesome of all coaches Boss Satan.

Birmingham determined “he wasn’t defenseless” but nevermind the blatant crown of the helmet to the face mask. There was plenty of review time too. Smh.

1. Alabama vs A&M:
2. Alabama vs Missouri:
SR MLB Terez Hall.
Referee is David Smith

3. Alabama vs Tennessee:
JR MLB Daniel Bituli.
UT’s leading tackler.
Ejected for Targeting with 3:00 left in the game at the end of a Tennessee blowout win.
Referee is Matt Austin.

4. Alabama vs LSU:
JR ILB Devin White.
Permanent Team Captain.
Referee is John McDaid.

Four different SEC Referees ejected the best or near best defender for Alabama’s opponent ... for Targeting

....something definitely stinks in Birmingham. How can this possibly be defended as non-bias officiating?

And let me say this, I don’t believe this is a conspiracy. This is more than likely unintentional bias, but make no mistake, it is still real and legit bias.

1. Alabama vs A&M:
2. Alabama vs Missouri:
SR MLB Terez Hall.
Referee is David Smith

3. Alabama vs Tennessee:
JR MLB Daniel Bituli.
UT’s leading tackler.
Referee is Matt Austin.

4. Alabama vs LSU:
JR ILB Devin White.
Permanent Team Captain.
Referee is John McDaid.

We’ve been getting jobbed on this rule since it came into effect. Mosley and Maybin certainly jump out. As it pertains to the JG hit, dude went “relatively” high and launched on the QB. His wallet is significantly lighter if he’s on a NFL roster, and there’s no arguing that. To be clear, I don’t love the “babying the passer” rules. However, I think anyone playing this game should realize the consequences of stepping on the field. That said, you could argue the most violent part of the hit on JG was the defender coming up and through the helmet towards the chin (aka: the button) after initial contact while they were coming to the ground. Just like fumbles the ground tends/seems to cause most concussions. Was it targeting by the letter? Probably not. Was it a hit that gets you clipped in the league? Probably so.

VN Store

Back