Targeting!

No. But facemask to chest is never how targeting is called.
Only way that would've been targeting is if he had slid up his chest and hit him in the jaw. Fortunately- or unfortunately- he hit him in the chest so hard that JG went flying.

If it had happened with a orange jersey hitting a crimson Jersey do you think it would have been questioned?

It shouldn't. But I am not in your mindset of Bama-favored conspiracy, so I can't process every imagined scenario.

It shouldn't. But I am not in your mindset of Bama-favored conspiracy, so I can't process every imagined scenario.

I'm trying to have a discussion and I feel like on this specific incidence I am trying to be as impartial as i can be based on what my eyes see.

It's not a player's facemask coming down onto the top of a defender's helmet because of the laws of physics.

I'm asking in this case... I see Wilson leading with his helmet in an upward trajectory eventually hitting JG in the lower portion of his helmet (facemask).

If it had happened with a orange jersey hitting a crimson Jersey do you think it would have been questioned?
I know 3 guys that worked SEC games yesterday. The idea that they're throwing flags based on any particular bias toward a team is just dumb.

I'm asking in this case... I see Wilson leading with his helmet in an upward trajectory eventually hitting JG in the lower portion of his helmet (facemask).

Wilson did everything they want players to do: he kept his head up, his eyes were on his target at all times, and he didn't leap or launch. He hit Guarantano in the chest and Guarantano's facemask came down when his head whipped forward. It was a brutal, violent hit. But it was textbook.

The ref's sham job against Bituli had to happen because of what was proven in the 2nd half vs. alaBlame. Bituli plays 2nd half and Tua remembered why. He promptly left the game after Bituli got a lick on him. The amazing coincidence is LSU's defensive player gets called for one who will be out against alaBlame, too. They couldn't remember how to call them when the lick on Jarrett happened though. I wonder why.
Don't you?

It's not even believable anymore. The zebra-striped Referees, LLC is an Alabama company.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I know 3 guys that worked SEC games yesterday. The idea that they're throwing flags based on any particular bias toward a team is just dumb.

I'm more getting to a hit on a "star" (Tua) versus an average player (JG) as opposed to one team or another.

I don't think it would have been different if it had occurred when Peyton played.

Wilson did everything they want players to do: he kept his head up, his eyes were on his target at all times, and he didn't leap or launch. He hit Guarantano in the chest and Guarantano's facemask came down when his head whipped forward. It was a brutal, violent hit. But it was textbook.
You never answered his original question: what is forcible contact

The ref's sham job against Bituli had to happen because of what was proven in the 2nd half vs. alaBlame. Bituli plays 2nd half and Tua remembered why. He promptly left the game after Bituli got a lick on him. The amazing coincidence is LSU's defensive player gets called for one who will be out against alaBlame, too. They couldn't remember how to call them when the lick on Jarrett happened though. I wonder why.
Don't you?

It's not even believable anymore. The zebra-striped Referees, LLC is an Alabama company.
Bituli’s hit vs Auburn was definitely targeting....

I'm more getting to a hit on a "star" (Tua) versus an average player (JG) as opposed to one team or another.

I don't think it would have been different if it had occurred when Peyton played.
Now that's a different discussion. I have no doubt that certain players might get calls just due to human nature.

VN Store

Back