Tennessee All time team

Vol4lif3

I was thinking of how many great players Tennessee had if you had to do an all time Tennessee team who would you pick for me it would be Ziegler at point, Chris loftin at sg, dalton knecht at the sf, pf would be admirol scholfield, and my center is duke crews

Reactions: Just a VolinTears
I was thinking of how many great players Tennessee had if you had to do an all time Tennessee team who would you pick for me it would be Ziegler at point, Chris loftin at sg, dalton knecht at the sf, pf would be admirol scholfield, and my center is duke crews

You must be very young. Bernard King, Allan Houston, Dale Ellis?

Operative words here are All Time. I can respect your selections because those guys mean a lot to you and they are all fantastic Vols. Someone may disagree with my selections.

Alan Houston - SG
Chris Lofton - PG
Reggie Johnson - C
Dale Ellis -F
Bernard King - F

Bernard King
Dale Ellis
Ernie Grunfeld
Allan Houston
Dalton Knecht

It would a five worthy of a a Sports Illustrated Cover

Ernie would man the point as he did in the NBA leading the Kings to the West finals

Bench:
Reggie Johnson - possibly starting most of the time with Knecht as a 6th man
Wayne Chism
Tom Boerwinkle
Kennedy Chandler
Chris Lofton

I remember them but never watched them play I’m 29 lol
I do like them though there’s just too many great players that came to Tennessee Tobias harris, dale ellis, Ernie grunfield, Jordan mcrae, josh richardson, Jp prince. Those are the ones just off my head but I just think it would be awesome to know everyone’s take on if Tennessee had every player that played basketball and you put them together what would your lineup be ?

Reactions: give_him 6
Bernard King
Dale Ellis
Ernie Grunfeld
Allan Houston
Dalton Knecht

Ernie would man the point as he did in the NBA leading the Kings to the West finals

Bench:
Wayne Chism
Tom Boerwinkle
Kennedy Chandler
Chris Lofton

That's pretty good. Feels like Ron Slay should be there too, but who would you bump off?

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
29 is very young to me 😆.

Your list is pretty good. I love ZZ, but I'd probably go with CJ Watson at PG. He was so good and I think overlooked on a lot of people's GOAT list.
I might would substitute Watson for Lofton for role purposes. Yes, I think so. Lots of Vols would have benefitted from a 3 pt line.

Reactions: b-ball fan
Bernard King
Dale Ellis
Ernie Grunfeld
Allan Houston
Dalton Knecht

Bench:
Wayne Chism
Tom Boerwinkle
Kennedy Chandler
Chris Lofton
Omg that’s scary dalton coming off the bench is an awesome move

I can’t believe I missed grant Williams too he was a good player did you guys think skylar Mcbee was good and Dane Bradshaw

There are several ways to look at it.

The best 5? Check out the jerseys hanging in the FCC/TBA.

Best by position? There will be some really good wing/forwards/2s/3s/4s that get overlooked. Boerwinkle or Kosmalski or Hamer might need to be the low post. A true PG is even more difficult to determine. Can Tony White or Chris Lofton be the PG? Fred Jenkins and JaJuan typically served as the other guard that brought the ball across mid court. Allan Houston? Or does Chandler get it based more on his talent and upside than his actual production. Watson? There’s an argument to be made for Bone based on his production and multiple years. ZZ is trending as the PG, but maybe Rodney Woods is a better choice based on being a more reliable outside shooter. Jimmy England perhaps but he was a combo that played with Hahn and Johnston a lot.

Best 5 to assemble as a unit? There might not be a true PG or center. Grunfeld could play PG. King and Ellis were sometimes the biggest guy on the floor.

During their time at UT (from '77 up) only:

Bernard King
Allan Houston
Dale Elliis
Tony White
Dalton Knecht
Ernie Grunfeld
Grant Williams
Ron Slay
Chris Lofton
Vincent Yarbrough
ZZZ
Dyron Nix
Reggie Johnson
Isiah Victor
CJ Watson

Reactions: Ovol
Operative words here are All Time. I can respect your selections because those guys mean a lot to you and they are all fantastic Vols. Someone may disagree with my selections.

Alan Houston - SG
Chris Lofton - PG
Reggie Johnson - C
Dale Ellis -F
Bernard King - F
This one is hard to argue with. You’d like to put Grant Williams on there, but I can’t justify him over King or Ellis. While I don’t think of Lofton as a true PG, he and Houston have to be in the starting five. We haven’t had a big man any better than Johnson.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back