Tennessee is an early underdog at home against Kentucky

I know we’ve got better coaches across the board this year, but after watching the spring game I just don’t see this team being that much better this year. It reminds me of the squad Dooley started with. No real identity.

No doubt about it. Jones left a scorched earth roster with little development but Mr Incompetent is gone. I think the transfer additions will help because they are good players from programs that win.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm thinking they are just trying to build CJP up, to be an overachiever when all is said and done?

The curse of mediocrity has been lifted with having a coaching staff and AD that knows REAL Championship football...second fiddle to Kentucky...absolutely not.

Favored by one web site, or throughout mankind?

Props to the guy who put those numbers together.

There will be some gamblers who will lay money on them now. Once they start, those numbers will shift in a week or so. Some people got more money than sense.

By game time I’d be surprised if Tennessee wasn’t favored by at least 7, due to CJP demanding fundamentals be mastered on defense.
This.
I have to believe that this is going to matter a lot this season. Not to mention that the coaching staff will not be a factor in us losing games with bad in-game decisions. Consider those things and think about the fact that we just barely lost to Kentucky in the last minute of the game last year. Plus we have talent that has not yet been developed to its potential and more recruits are behind them.
GOOOOO VOOOOOOOLS!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee almost won last year, with the head coaching situation, Chandler making his first start because of kellys suspension, and the shape the team was in. There is no way we lose this game. They will be starting a new qb as well which will kill their momentum from the previous season.

There is no way that we lose to Kentucky this year. As much as I have been 100% behind Pruitt from day one, and claiming that Smart can’t beat him, I know for a fact that Stoops sure can’t. I’m telling you guys one thing, and I’ll say it again, I think Pruitt is a better coach than all of these guys in the SEC. It begins with him being Smart, and adjusting to game situations. He knows Nick Sabans offense and what he is going to do in football games. He knows Smart as well. I think we can still beat Georgia this year. I also think we beat Florida as well. I think we stun the crowd in Athens, and we begin our run against them with Pruitt. If I’m wrong, then I know I’ll get blasted all over this board. I won’t run and hide either, because I simply don’t do that. I’ll face the harshness🤭🤔😫 from you all.

Reactions: 3 people
Not a Manning fan, eh? He certainly wasn’t perfect, but he was pretty good. Was QB when Tennessee rattled off 39 wins in 45 games. Most of us would love to have a QB and young man of his caliber leading the team to that type of success again, that’s all.

Oh of course I'm a Peyton fan. It's just the holy reverence held by some fans towards Peyton irritates me. You'd think he walked on water and fed the 100,000 fans in Neyland with two hot dogs and a diet coke. I'm a Peyton fan the same way I' m a Heath fan, or an Eric fan, or a Reggie fan, or a Casey fan, or an Al fan, or a Josh fan, or a Derek fan. Tennessee has had an embarrassment of riches when it comes to great players. I just don't see why we need to elevate his VFL status so above and beyond others that made just as meaningful contributions on the field.

Oh of course I'm a Peyton fan. It's just the holy reverence held by some fans towards Peyton irritates me. You'd think he walked on water and fed the 100,000 fans in Neyland with two hot dogs and a diet coke. I'm a Peyton fan the same way I' m a Heath fan, or an Eric fan, or a Reggie fan, or a Casey fan, or an Al fan, or a Josh fan, or a Derek fan. Tennessee has had an embarrassment of riches when it comes to great players. I just don't see why we need to elevate his VFL status so above and beyond others that made just as meaningful contributions on the field.

You’re exaggerating...at a galactic pace. :scare:

Exaggerating? People were naming their children "Peyton." Two of which I know personally.

I know of a few in DFW...who’s parents couldn’t tell you where Knoxville is. Pop culture...Google it. Die hard fan and I have a Peyton jersey in my man cave. Never prayed to him. You’re exaggerating.

Exaggerating? People were naming their children "Peyton." Two of which I know personally.

And I've met people with poison or Bon Jovi tattoos on their arms. What you're talking about has nothing to do with Peyton and everything to do with those kinds of people.

Reactions: 2 people
I guarantee we will be favored when the real lines come out.

Exactly,after the season gets started lines will go back to their normal stuff. Right now it's just to get betting going on games and to get a gauge of fans.

VN Store

Back