The OFFICAL eat crow thread

He probably didn't enjoy the sister wife references or the prison rape joke series. :ermm:

Yah, that kind of stuff may not be taken well--about as well as the incest, toothless, trailer park, uneducated jokes. Let's not act like Aggie fans were the bastion of reason and enlightenment when they came over.

All that aside, the conversations usually went:

Them: "You guys can't even win 6 games a year. We've played better teams than you close."

Us: "Here is a detailed, position by position analysis why you will be disappointed."

Them: "SEC homers. P5 schools are so arrogant."

Us: "See you on the 31st."

Reactions: 2 people
Yah, that kind of stuff may not be taken well--about as well as the incest, toothless, trailer park, uneducated jokes. Let's not act like Aggie fans were the bastion of reason and enlightenment when they came over.

All that aside, the conversations usually went:

Them: "You guys can't even win 6 games a year. We've played better teams than you close."

Us: "Here is a detailed, position by position analysis why you will be disappointed."

Them: "SEC homers. P5 schools are so arrogant."

Us: "See you on the 31st."

Yep, pretty much

Reactions: 2 people
I picked us to only win by 7.

Can I marinade mine in Dale's (reduced sodium)? I'll have it with some mashed potatoes and gravy, macaroni salad and an RC cola.

Jancek. I thought he was going to drag this program down going forward and wanted him replaced. I could not have been more wrong based on what we saw last night. All the key issues from last year seem to be addressed - missed tackles, discipline in terms of assignments, etc. Sure newly recruited speed helps a lot but still - coaching during off season had to have a lot to do with the incredible turnaround in such short time. Still need to see how this defense will hold up against bigger athletic SEC offensive lines (ie UGA, UF, Bama) but at this point it's easy to start getting really excited about even near future.

I predicted we would win by 14. The offense played as I expected they would, perhaps a little better than expected. The defense however was soooo refreshing. Had no idea our guys were going to be so hungry on that side of the ball. I hope we bring this intensity every week because if we do, there's no doubt in my mind we'll be bowling come winter time! GBO!!

Offensive line looked like our weak spot (as predicted), but you know what young, inexperienced offensive lines do? They improve eventually.

Offensive line looked like our weak spot (as predicted), but you know what young, inexperienced offensive lines do? They improve eventually.

they will get better and better. Great first test just from the standpoint that USU will give more looks and late defensive switches than anybody we play, so the OL had to communicate. A couple of the sacks/pressures on Worley occurred when they blitzed 2 and Wolf and Hurd, 2 freshmen, had to pick them up. Not much in the running game, but a few holes were missed and until Worley keeps the ball a few times, in between the tackles will be tough. I'd like to see a toss sweep to Hurd and see what he can do.

I'm going to toot my own horn here about my 2 prior post:

1. Vols win by 14+
2. This will be another Western KY.

Boom.

Everybody thought we were back on top when we beat Cincy that year and then what happened?

200.gif

I didn't realize how drunk I was last night until I just re read my post. I'm not a poster on the USU site but I have been reading ours and yours all summer knowing I was coming to the game. I think because there is nothing else to talk about in the summer I saw a lot about us and expected it to be a pretty hostile environment for a non conference game. I was completely wrong. Only one group of Vol fans really talked smack and we thought it was funny but a group of tailgaters came right over and apologized and proceeded to feed us and give us beer and liquor. Come to think of it I don't think we paid for a drink the whole day. I'm fully aware we have some dumb fans. Every team does. But as someone who didn't come smack talk all summer and came out for the atmosphere and to party you did not dissapoint. Good luck the rest of the season. I traded shirts with some random fan in the middle of Cool Beans and I will rock the shirt and root for ya

Reactions: 7 people
I didn't realize how drunk I was last night until I just re read my post. I'm not a poster on the USU site but I have been reading ours and yours all summer knowing I was coming to the game. I think because there is nothing else to talk about in the summer I saw a lot about us and expected it to be a pretty hostile environment for a non conference game. I was completely wrong. Only one group of Vol fans really talked smack and we thought it was funny but a group of tailgaters cme right over and apologized and proceeded to feed us and give us beer and liquor. Come to think of it I don't think we paid for a drink the whole day. I'm fully aware we have some dumb fans. Every team does. But as someone who didn't come smack talk all summer and came out for the atmosphere and to party you did not dissapoint. Good luck the rest of the season. I traded shirts with some random fan in the middle of Cool Beans and I will rock the shirt and root for ya

So glad you haad a good time. If you really want to see a shindig come to the Bama game. My little bro is a Bammer (yick) but it is the mother of all tailgates. Brisket, ribs, brauts, burgers and an adult bev supply that rivals any lol. Come on back, we will treat ya right

Reactions: 1 person
I didn't realize how drunk I was last night until I just re read my post. I'm not a poster on the USU site but I have been reading ours and yours all summer knowing I was coming to the game. I think because there is nothing else to talk about in the summer I saw a lot about us and expected it to be a pretty hostile environment for a non conference game. I was completely wrong. Only one group of Vol fans really talked smack and we thought it was funny but a group of tailgaters came right over and apologized and proceeded to feed us and give us beer and liquor. Come to think of it I don't think we paid for a drink the whole day. I'm fully aware we have some dumb fans. Every team does. But as someone who didn't come smack talk all summer and came out for the atmosphere and to party you did not dissapoint. Good luck the rest of the season. I traded shirts with some random fan in the middle of Cool Beans and I will rock the shirt and root for ya

I seriously think you guys will have a great year. I'll be pulling for ya'll to win the conference this year. Glad there were no major injuries.

take care!

VN Store

Back