The OFFICAL eat crow thread

I ain't gonna lie. I never expected the defense to show up the way they did tonight. I am really glad they did! I did not expect Worley to play like he did either! I want my crow with mashed taters!
I agree with this. I gave USU the benefit of being better, but had us as 14 pt winners 28-14. Our D played inspired solid football so I want my crow on wheat with a dash of Tabasco.

I said 35-17. Almost got our points correct and gave them way too many points. Wasn't expecting our D to look dominant.

Definately a much better outcome than I expected. I'm shocked in a great way by the defense. Offense got it rolling late in the game but had me damn nervous for a while.

Offense performed about as I had expected. Defense was eye opening. Very pleasantly surprised by the improved speed and tackling. Figured we'd either come out ready and squeak by something like 24-21 or struggle and lose by 10. Glad I whiffed on this one.

I too said 35-17. Have to say first and foremost I didn't think our D would show up as it did. This is just a glimpse into the future and the future looks very bright. Just wish Justin would have hit my mark of 300 yards but our kids made me proud. I make no bones about being a Worley fan. I have talked to this young man many times and I'm always so amazed at how he handles himself.

While speaking with him at the Manning Passing Academy this year (youngest son's 3rd year attending,who happens to be the starting QB of his high school team as a true sophomore) I was blown away listening to him talk about how this team is night and day different from last years team and how under coach Dooley, the team never had any confidence. He said the team under coach Jones believes they can and will compete against anyone and it will show this year.

Cudo's to our players and to the staff for a great start to the 2014 season, and after tonight's game, Justin spoke words of truth.

Sorry for the length!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
AJ did great but Worley barley made five yards throws but he did get a couple down the field

Considering the challenges with the O-line performance and running game tonight, I'll gladly take a completion rate of over 70% and average of over 10 yds. per reception.

Last edited:
Let's give a shout out to all of the naysayers & analysts that picked USU to win....:clapping:
They've been on a roll all weekend. Rolled over on their back, that is. That's why predictions are worthless. They were wrong last year. Predicted Auburn and Missou to be at the bottom of the SEC.

The D looked great, but the oline and Worley have some stuff to work out. They will get better as the year goes on. We should see things get better next weekend. Pig, aj, sutton, weathered, Pearson, the TEs all looked really good. I even thought Coleman looked improved. Our D line is very fast on the ends. Aj is a freakin beast, and Maggit is a freakin man! Great to see him play.

Considering the challenges with the O-line performance and running game tonight, I'll gladly take a completion rate of over 70% and average of over 10 yds. per reception.

Some of these Pee-wee greats never cease to amaze me. 70% completion rate and they're still b$#@***g. I wanna see them play at this level and complete 70%. People hate for various reasons and to ridicule a player that's playing at this level and they tear them down, speaks volumes to the type of person they have allowed themselves to become.

SAD!

Reactions: 5 people
Proud of team 118! Defensive improvement from last year till tonight really impressed me, and I thought our d-line looked a lot better than I anticipated. I thought the game would be much closer, but I did think the Vols would come out on top. Didn't see a total beatdown coming though. Worley was very efficient and did a nice job of managing the offense. My only big concern is the offensive line opening up some holes for our running backs. Marlin and Jalen didn't have nowhere to go most of the night, and I think if we can improve in this area then we may have a really good shot at a 7+ win season and a respectable bowl game. Future looks very bright for this program!

VN Store

Back