The OFFICAL eat crow thread

I thought we'd win, but not like that. I saw us giving up about 3 TDs instead of only 1. Totally surprised by the defense. They were flying all over the field.

Reactions: 1 person
I will be an Aggie that eats crow. Me and 5 others came from Utah the the game. We go to all the games. Not so much for the game but more so the atmosphere of these big schools. We are lucky to have the means to do so. That being said, just like with our fans I read and never post. We have idiots. But reading what some posters say and how angry, vicious and degrading towards the Aggies I never in a million years would have guessed how amazing the Vols fans actually are. We got free food, beer, liquor and great hospitality by literally everyone. Seriously Knoxville was amazing. Glad to see that 99% of the fans aren't like many of the posters here. Given the chance I would come back here in a heart beat. You have a great team and amazing fans. Probably best in the country. Gladly we ignored the hate and hollow threats we read here and there and had the best time ever. The fact that we were a little nervous to be here because of the posts and comments we saw all summer long is too bad because it probably turned many visiting Aggies away from the best hospitality and game day existence I have ever had. Have a great season. I will be cheering you on through every game here on out.

Reactions: 40 people
I will be an Aggie that eats crow. Me and 5 others came from Utah the the game. We go to all the games. Not so much for the game but more so the atmosphere of these big schools. We are lucky to have the means to do so. That being said, just like with our fans I read and never post. We have idiots. But reading what some posters say and how angry, vicious and degrading towards the Aggies I never in a million years would have guessed how amazing the Vols fans actually are. We got free food, beer, liquor and great hospitality by literally everyone. Seriously Knoxville was amazing. Glad to see that 99% of the fans aren't like many of the posters here. Given the chance I would come back here in a heart beat. You have a great team and amazing fans. Probably best in the country. Gladly we ignored the hate and hollow threats we read here and there and had the best time ever. The fact that we were a little nervous to be here because of the posts and comments we saw all summer long is too bad because it probably turned many visiting Aggies away from the best hospitality and game day existence I have ever had. Have a great season. I will be cheering you on through every game here on out.

Welcome to Volnation. Post often. Its nice to get a friendly, unbiased opinion on things.

Reactions: 2 people

'S why we work it out on here...cuts the homicide rate!!! :rock:

I am glad you had the chance to experience Neyland and some good ol southern hospitality. Trust me we have more than our fair share of stupid fans. Happy you got to enjoy everything.

It's the internet... Where every 13 year old shot nosed, pimply faced burger flipper is a tough guy. What do you expect?

But anyway... I hope you guys get it turned around and have a good season. I can tell that Chuckie has the athleticism to be a special player and your players play hard. Good luck the rest of the year and thanks for visiting Neyland!

Last edited:
TravelingAggie, I'm glad you had a good time. I will repeat what I said in another thread... most of Volnation are fans just like you. Good people. Don't judge the many off the few. If you decide to ever come back to Knoxvegas let me know. At every home game with plenty of food and adult beverages. Everyone respectful welcome, home fans or away.

TravelingAggie; Thanks for the kind words and for participating in the Gameday Experience at Neyland. Glad you didn't have to meet and put up with the A-holes all fan bases unfortunately have. Good Luck on the rest of the season and safe travels home.

I thought we'd win 27-23 and I wasn't even confident about that.

I am so happy to be wrong. This crow is just delightful.

This game will help both teams immensely in their development. We should never schedule an Austin Peay for the first game. There are a lot of lessons we will take into week 2.

Glad we got lucky and Utah State is now a well coached team on the rise vs the 90 pound weakling they were when we scheduled them. Just a little short on the talent level needed to compete with us in Neyland.

Glad you enjoyed our gameday experience, and that you got to see what real southern hospitality is like. Please come back anytime. However, it wasn't ONLY our fans acting like dicks on here, and it wasn't ANY of our fans making hollow threats. I think you are leaving out several chapters of the story as you sum up your experience on Volnation.

Glad to admit that I was wrong. I thought the Vols would win but I thought it would be a close game. That was fun.

Kudos to Travel Aggie, but I have a question. Exactly what did the 1% do? I saw people on here--I was one--that pushed back against all the Aggie talk about you keeping it close and/or beating us. I saw several of us listing reasons why you were under-valuing the Vols.

Then we would usually just say: "We'll see on the field." I'm not sure how that makes us jerks. That makes us knowledgeable fans. Hope the Aggies have a great season and win out.

Kudos to Travel Aggie, but I have a question. Exactly what did the 1% do? I saw people on here--I was one--that pushed back against all the Aggie talk about you keeping it close and/or beating us. I saw several of us listing reasons why you were under-valuing the Vols.

Then we would usually just say: "We'll see on the field." I'm not sure how that makes us jerks. That makes us knowledgeable fans. Hope the Aggies have a great season and win out.

He probably didn't enjoy the sister wife references or the prison rape joke series. :ermm:

Glad you had a blast.

As far as the internet tough guys on here its a shame. Easy to hide behind a keyboard. Face to face....not so much.

Ya'll have a great season and get that linebacker healthy.

The offensive line is easily the weakest unit on the team. I'm eager to see if they will improve in the coming weeks and how they will hold up against our toughest opponents.

I am personally very surprised at how well our defensive line played. This will be one of the best units in the country given a few years.

The O line has some work but 20 of USU players have been on mission trips making those 20 over 23 years old. The Vigil Brothers are very good players. Hope we make progress and get deep. Worried about if Crowder gets hurt our shotgun snaps will be a concern

QUOTE=ric1958;10453410]Ya know. I`m not the least bit impressed with Utah States 9-5 record from last year. They played NOBODY!! So what that they won six of their last seven. Those six teams were a combined 46-69. And before any says "but they beat Northern Illinois".....not impressed with that either because of NIU`s 12 wins only 5 of them came against teams with winning records. Eight of their wins came against teams with a combined 21-75 record. The Vols beat these bums by at least 21!!!![/QUOTE]

This was my prediction! NOT eating crow here!!

I haven't seen our defensive players come out with this much energy and passion on a consistent basis in YEARS!! It was a joy to watch. The future is bright!

Agree! I stated that that is exactly what they need... it has been missing for a while. Great job getting up for this game guys!

Go Vols:dance2:

VN Store

Back