The Official #18 Tennessee @ Texas Game Thread, 8:00 PM ET, ESPN

That’s fine. He’s also a 29% shooter. So an okay shooting night vs a season of percentages? I’ll take the percentages
He was the outlet if there was no drive option and SV was guarded on the baseline. They run that same play all the time. The announcer called it before they ran the play. Texas dropped four into the lane and covered SV.

You guys are the biggest bunch of babies ever. Perfectly play drawn up, and you're complaining about a guy that was shooting 50% from 3 for the game up until that point. If you are claiming that Zeigler should have shot it you either didn't pay attention or don't know basketball. Three defenders crashed into the paint to defend the basket, Z made the absolute right play. He drew the defense in and kicked out to a wide open shooter.

Jo was instrumental in getting us back in the game, why shouldn't he take the last shot?

Also to insinuate we're a bubble team after losing to what will be a top 25 team on the road is asinine. We we're probably a 4 or 5 seed before that game, so you assume we'll drop 30 or so spots from a game we lost by 1.

Look in disappointed we didn't win, but you can't say we don't have heart and didn't give ourselves a great chance to win. One silly foul before the half or making some free throws and we win. Move on.

With four defenders in the lane and one open shooter, what’s your call? You hit the open man. There was no lane and no one else to throw to.

Wrong. I put it on rewind. There were 3 guys at the 3 point line. Bailey and James were the most open but both were open. Vescovi was covered at the 3 point line. ORN gave the handoff so he was trailing. The worst 3 pointer shooter on the team took the shot. The play call was to clearly drive and dish but it's questionable if James needs to be the buzzer beating guy.

Reactions: LibertyVol
With four defenders in the lane and one open shooter, what’s your call? You hit the open man. There was no lane and no one else to throw to.

Run a trailer behind ZZ, have him go deep in the lane and toss it back to the free throw line area and let the trailer either shoot a 15 footer or crash into the 4 players behind ZZ. Instead we sent 3 to the corners and wing and Olivier appeared to just walk up the court behind the play.

It was a good play and JJJ was mostly money from 3 tonight. You dont rely on ZZ drawing a foul because these refs treated him like he was the game bully. It would have ended with an offensive foul on the 5'9 PG.
Best post so far. All of these erstwhile couch coaches want Ziegler to drive against two guys. Well what if he doesn’t get the foul call? Remember it’s on Texas’ home court and the likelihood is they don’t call anything. He got it to the open man who had been hotter than anybody else. Just didn’t fall. Sometimes that’s just the way it is. Got too far down and should have been playing like that early on. Tennessee is a better team than Texas. Just didn’t play like it till the last 5 minutes.

That's fair. I'd be surprised if the Vols land lower than a #5 seed, but any team with a defensive pulse is going to cause them major issues.
All you have to do is let them fire up 3s. They have no offensive sets. Take Vescovi out of the game and let KC, JJJ fire away

Concerning as Texas had a week to scout us. I wonder if other SEC teams will do the same? I’m not looking forward to KY and Auburn games as they are so athletic.
Someone else will need to man the F£€# up and score. Need some Alpha’s on the floor.

5/18 from 3 provides range.

8/16 from the stripe.

Taking 2/3 of the game to figure out TX doesn't have any ball handlers and applying pressure.

This team just isn't efficient offensively against athletic teams or teams that get physical on defense.

If TX had some ball handlers this game was a blowout.

VN Store

Back