The Official #6 [2] Tennessee vs. #3 [1] Purdue Game Thread, 2:20 PM ET, ESPN

I was resisting, but no more…I hope this guy has a short, lousy pro basketball career and ends up working at a McDonald’s drive thru (no offense to any fast food workers on the board).

After he washes out of the NBA, he’ll make some money in the Phillipine Pro League. Or China. They love a freak show over there.

Aidoo’s career just went in the toilet. He is terrible against bigger guys and today may have been the worst game of his career. Edey can shoot from 3 ft in but has no other game.
Its only in the toilet if he doesn't take major steps this offseason to beef up. Needs to committ himself to adding another 20 lbs or so.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Edey is a horse and he will give UCONN trouble in the championship game.

Neither Burns nor Filipowski will be able to contain him.

It's not about focusing on containing Edey as much as making him play some defense. When your post play is inept he is basically taking a breather. It was more than just Aidoo. Our 4 that is in the game has to impact the mid range game. James played well early but didn't seem to play with the offensive consistency after the first 10 minutes.

No actually I am not. I have watched a TON of UT games in all sports - and will continue to do so. And I have watched them choke away a massive amount of opportunities. An elite 8 is great. 2 in program history.

But that does not change the fact that over and over again in their sports program they choke away these chances. Not sure why. But to deny it . . . Is well . . . To be in denial of reality.

Today it was 8 on 5. Refs screwed us. But 3 times UT had a chance to take the lead - even with the awful officiating - and shot bricks on short / makeable / open shots. That’s a choke. No one hates it more than those players. They had chances and made shots.

I guess other fan bases feel the same way and can point to games they feel their favorite team choked away. It’s an emotional end to the year. I hate it most for Coach Barnes. I wanted a final 4 for him - such a good dude.

Gotcha. Missing a shot is choking. Stupid take. End of story.

Reactions: barrylee
There’s nothing more to story. Aidoo’s game falls apart against tall opponents. And against Lurch he didn’t even want to try.
"And against Lurch he didn't even want to try" . C'mon man. No doubt he played tight, he was short-arming his shots. I hate it too and it hurt us. Without him we don't win the SEC. After playing similarly against Texas, he made 2 big free throws down the stretch. Hopefully he improves from his weaknesses this off season

Reactions: Volfan1000
Would you have played Aidoo more? Something tells me there is more to the story as Aidoo didn’t see the floor after he gave up a couple of rebounds.

The more to the story is Aidoo was ineffective. He couldn't hold the ball. Alligator arms on his shot, and bad positioning on defense. He is still light too. I do wonder if going big would've helped in the middle of the game since we decided to give Estrella so much run.

The one I couldn’t get over was the blatant three step travel in the lane about midway through the second half
i definitely saw those steps. where were the refs? he's simply given the benefit of the doubt and all the while tobe get's called for having an arm inside edey's on a free ball for his 5th foul......sickening.

Wrong. Freddie will be much improved and Carr will be a dependable scorer. We will probably bring in 1 transfer. Awaka will be improved and Estrella will be improved. Aidoo can’t play against big guys and if he transfers, it won’t be the end of the world.

ZZ is great and can get so much better.

It might be like 98. The year after Peyton and we all thought it was a rebuilding year.
Respectfully, I disagree. Neither of us can predict the future though. I hope you are right. I don't see anybody on the bench that can be high level offense & defense. Gonna have to hit the portal hard.

VN Store

Back