The unthinkable..

attachment.php

Reactions: 6 people
Dobbs takes a lot of hits. I think we've been fortunate to this point. I do not want to lose him and think of the possibilities if that did happen...

He is the face and the star of this team...would definitely affect this team tremendously...

How much drop off to the next guy, if any? 2-3 wins?
There would be a big drop off in running game but it could be made up through the air. The wild card is how well our pass blocking would hold up. I will say losing the leadership of Dobbs would be huge and would probably cost us a game or 2

Reactions: 2 people
Well, I was going to be good - have a diet coke and check in on the forums. Diet Coke is going down the sink and The Jack is coming out. Worst thread......EVER.

Reactions: 1 person
early 4th quarter, ut is up 20-13 against uf, and has a 2nd and goal from the gator 6 yd line...

Dobbs takes the snap and rides hurd into the line as multiple gators converge on the dive play. At the last possible moment of deception dobbs pulls the ball away as he sees the de crashing into hurd. Like so many times before, there is an opening to the right side of the line as dobbs escapes to daylight. All blocks are sealed as he gallops towards a coffin nailing touchdown. Just prior to crossing the goal line an eager and defiant gator defender releases from a block and with a last gasp effort dives towards the end zone bound dobbs. Simultaneously, as dobbs right leg sets footing over the goal line, the gator defenders helmet meets the side of dobbs right knee, tearing the acl of the vols senior qb...

Most vol fans don't want to imagine such a tragic scene, but we all know, it's in the realm of possibilities and in the back of most fan's minds...

Thoughts of where the game and season go from that point.....who is next up and what impact, if any, they have going forward?

f*** you.

Well, I was going to be good - have a diet coke and check in on the forums. Diet Coke is going down the sink and The Jack is coming out. Worst thread......EVER.

It's a shame so many of us see it. But this person thinks we are the oddballs. Smh

Early 4th quarter, UT is up 20-13 against UF, and has a 2nd and goal from the Gator 6 yd line...

Dobbs takes the snap and rides Hurd into the line as multiple Gators converge on the dive play. At the last possible moment of deception Dobbs pulls the ball away as he sees the DE crashing into Hurd. Like so many times before, there is an opening to the right side of the line as Dobbs escapes to daylight. All blocks are sealed as he gallops towards a coffin nailing touchdown. Just prior to crossing the goal line an eager and defiant Gator defender releases from a block and with a last gasp effort dives towards the end zone bound Dobbs. Simultaneously, as Dobbs right leg sets footing over the goal line, the Gator defenders helmet meets the side of Dobbs right knee, tearing the ACL of the Vols Senior QB...

Most vol fans don't want to imagine such a tragic scene, but we all know, it's in the realm of possibilities and in the back of most fan's minds...

Thoughts of where the game and season go from that point.....who is next up and what impact, if any, they have going forward?

WOW debbie downer! Seek medical attention immediately.

:thud:

Tennesseeduke

OP, you're not crazy or unintelligent for posting what you did. I just think it would have had a better reception if you posed the question as simply, "What do we do if Dobbs goes down and how much does it impact this team?" Your scenario sounded more like a movie script.

So, prefacing a season ending injury to our QB would be taken any differently by the sensitive souls?

Need to make it more unrealistic?

Just the details and all, out if line and you are too ignorant to know better. And too stupid to back off once you have been advised.

Early 4th quarter, UT is up 20-13 against UF, and has a 2nd and goal from the Gator 6 yd line...

Dobbs takes the snap and rides Hurd into the line as multiple Gators converge on the dive play. At the last possible moment of deception Dobbs pulls the ball away as he sees the DE crashing into Hurd. Like so many times before, there is an opening to the right side of the line as Dobbs escapes to daylight. All blocks are sealed as he gallops towards a coffin nailing touchdown. Just prior to crossing the goal line an eager and defiant Gator defender releases from a block and with a last gasp effort dives towards the end zone bound Dobbs. Simultaneously, as Dobbs right leg sets footing over the goal line, the Gator defenders helmet meets the side of Dobbs right knee, tearing the ACL of the Vols Senior QB...

Turn in VOL fan card

OP, you're not crazy or unintelligent for posting what you did. I just think it would have had a better reception if you posed the question as simply, "What do we do if Dobbs goes down and how much does it impact this team?" Your scenario sounded more like a movie script.

And that bothered people why?

Point taken, as well. Appreciate the response...

There are some unspoken rules in all sports. Don't talk to the pitcher throwing a no hitter, don't say good putt before the ball is in the hole and don't talk about injuries that haven't happened.

We will talk about it all day long if it actually happens. No need to speculate on these types of scenarios.

VN Store

Back