This offense works with the right QB

Oh, come on man. Why give Bama even more credit?

They wanted to stomp the hell out of us in our own stadium. They weren't letting up that much.

Kiffen woulda hung 100 on us if he could. Anybody else want to smack that ****eating grin off his face after that first TD?

Reactions: 3 people
His running didn't fit what they prepared for.
I liked Dobbs tonight but let's see how he does when teams are ready for him before we get too excited.

I'm hoping he continues to do well but have a wait and see attitude.

If you don't think they knew Worley was a no go from the beginning of the week you're crazy

Reactions: 1 person
How long is Worley out for? When he is ready to come back, who do you think the coaches go with - him or Dobbs?

(PS -- I feel a little bad for Peterman tonight. Say hello to the bench)

The coaches should have started him from DAY ONE. He can do more than Worley--we saw that LAST YEAR. It was stupid not to play him from the start of this season. He's lost a half year of experience because the coaches couldn't see what was obvious. He can roll out, he can scramble, he can run the ball--and he throws it as well as if not better than Worley. It should have been a no brainer.

I have a theory. I wonder if Jones saw the offensive line playing before the season started and thought this year didn't hold a lot of promise regardless of who the quarterback was. So he made a play for the future, let Worley play this year and save the better QB, Dobbs, for the future when there is more hope for a good year. Anybody else think that?

If you don't think they knew Worley was a no go from the beginning of the week you're crazy

They prepped For peterman and Dobbs film from last yr didn't show what he showed tonight. Like I said let's see if he can keep it up. I hope he can but I'm not sold yet.
The 3n out when we needed him and the missed throw causing the last FG have me still concerned.

Realistically, by the time Dobbs came in, Bama players thought they had us beat and were not as intense as they were earlier this season. We made them look very average after the first quarter but they showed up when we got within 10 points. I agree Dobbs brings another element that we really need to keep teams on their heels at times. I also feel better about '15 after tonight, too!

GO VOLS!!!!

Ask Texas A&M about Alabama letting their foot off the gas. I don't agree about Alabama losing intensity when Dobbs came in.

Our philosophy, plays, and play-calling changed.

I saw a lot of formations and plays I never saw before.

We never saw that terrible jet sweep reverse, did we?

CBJ is finally making different decisions and I give him props.

I just hope that we don't "change" back to the old ways.

Our philosophy, plays, and play-calling changed.

I saw a lot of formations and plays I never saw before.

We never saw that terrible jet sweep reverse, did we?

CBJ is finally making different decisions and I give him props.

I just hope that we don't "change" back to the old ways.

well I thought the 1st quarter was on coaching, big time. What made them think toss sweeps and end arounds were going to put up yardage against bama? I ll admit i was all for canning bajakian for that crap after the beat down in the first quarter. Game after game that seems to be the play call of choice and i dont get it. We have tall receivers who can catch a dang deep ball.

It was other little things too. The pump fake ... wow. 36 yard run .... wow. Defense started to rally but were gassed at end it seemed. More bodies are coming! The run-pass threat Dobbs presented made a big difference and the rest of the team got on board. Dobbs seems to be able to run a lot more of the offense than Worley.

well I thought the 1st quarter was on coaching, big time. What made them think toss sweeps and end arounds were going to put up yardage against bama? I ll admit i was all for canning bajakian for that crap after the beat down in the first quarter. Game after game that seems to be the play call of choice and i dont get it. We have tall receivers who can catch a dang deep ball.

First quarter sucked but with this D who saw it coming? They have been stout early on all season.

Our deep balls tonight ended in a pick and incompletions. Those sweeps worked well later in the game after we faked it a few times on QB keepers and handoffs. Plays like that branch off each other and Worley poses no threat to keep it.

Well the type of QB made all of that possible. Dobbs is very agile and quick. Needs to learn to hold onto the ball but very good runner and passer.

I have a theory. I wonder if Jones saw the offensive line playing before the season started and thought this year didn't hold a lot of promise regardless of who the quarterback was. So he made a play for the future, let Worley play this year and save the better QB, Dobbs, for the future when there is more hope for a good year. Anybody else think that?

I think jones knew his qb was getting his arm ripped off this year. Might as well make peterman the backup to build his confidence and hopefully he can do something to keep Dobbs from losing his redshirt. Oh well

my biggest concern about Dobbs is that, like Worley, he's got a bit of an odd, stiff-armed throwing motion--not very fluid. I think that may be why he has accuracy issues at times. But he had a good game, especially against an outstanding team in his first action of the season. Couldn't ask for more, really.

my biggest concern about Dobbs is that, like Worley, he's got a bit of an odd, stiff-armed throwing motion--not very fluid. I think that may be why he has accuracy issues at times. But he had a good game, especially against an outstanding team in his first action of the season. Couldn't ask for more, really.

How many hall of famers have clinic type throwing styles... Dan Marino basically shot put the dang ball.

Dobbs fits our offensive scheme better than Worley. Why can't the coaches see that?

Agree 100%. Dobbs mobility fit this offense perfect. With the threat of him running really opened up our run game big time. It was nice seeing a QB who had a clock in his head and moved out of the pocket when it collapsed. He burnt up his red shirt tonight so lets hope Butch keeps him at the starting QB so he can get the experience for next yr.

Maybe. However those things can be improved upon. I think he will get better the more reps he gets.

It was other little things too. The pump fake ... wow. 36 yard run .... wow. Defense started to rally but were gassed at end it seemed. More bodies are coming! The run-pass threat Dobbs presented made a big difference and the rest of the team got on board. Dobbs seems to be able to run a lot more of the offense than Worley.

I can see Dobbs really turning the corner next year and really giving us a shot to win some games. Gonna miss AJ on D though.

VN Store

Back