This offense works with the right QB

Our philosophy, plays, and play-calling changed.

I saw a lot of formations and plays I never saw before.

We never saw that terrible jet sweep reverse, did we?

CBJ is finally making different decisions and I give him props.

I just hope that we don't "change" back to the old ways.

its cause dobbs can run the system correctly!

Dobbs did open up the offence by being able to run,it is a shame that he can't pass no better than he did last year

Bama wasn't real sure what to do with a running QB from the Vols,the rest of the teams that should Dobbs be the QB.will be looking for him and his running atk

Well the fact that other teams will be watching for dobbs' running attack will only take pressure off our other playmakers. I saw many times where dobbs did the proper checkdowns if his primary target wasn't open. Something Worley ha trouble wit

I think a lot of the playbook is closed with Worley at qb. (as far as options and qb runs go) There was so many triple options tonight that I saw and we haven't seen them at all this year with Worley at qb. The playbook really opened up tonight and I liked what I saw and now think this offense can actually work in the SEC with a QB that takes a huge workload.

And it wasn't just Dobbs' running that made it go. He was spot on with most of his passes. He made a couple bad throws, but overall, he was very accurate.

If Dan Marino was "shot-putting" the football that's the fastest damn shot put I've seen in my life. Marino's release was legendarily quick.

Yes it was! Somebody is in slow motion, but not Marino.
:no:

It is obvious to me that by not having a mobile qb that 50 percent of this offense goes out the window. The play calling looked much more fluid and made alot more since after Dobbs entered the game. What does volnation think? Can this offense ever work without a mobile qb or is it basically a necessity to have one?

It is obvious to me that by not having a mobile qb that 50 percent of this offense goes out the window. The play calling looked much more fluid and made alot more since after Dobbs entered the game. What does volnation think? Can this offense ever work without a mobile qb or is it basically a necessity to have one?

It can work, but that requires the QB having a line that can hold the pocket and open running game up the middle.

Essentially, Dobbs is opening the run game which opens the pass game which the Line can't do.

It also helps to see North make beast catches

Yeah I think Bajakian struggled to adapt to a pro-style QB like Worley. It is amazing how a mobile QB made it look like he knew what he is doing.

The big thing I noticed was Dobbs being able to avoid pressure and not make negative plays. The others guys just stand there like a bump on a log and with our line you have to move.

Reactions: 1 person

No offense works without a QB with some mobility. Please understand a mobile QB is a necessity for this offensive scheme to work...period. Now add some more big uglies on both sides of the ball and a mobile QB works even better. :thumbsup:

GO VOLS!

Obviously Dobbs opens up options, but the thing that puzzled me was why did Bajakian do quick plays (which were successful) with Peterman and then abandon that and start having him drop back?

In my mind, that makes me question Bajakian a lot.

I think CBJ and Bajakian are hamstringing themselves placing so much emphasis on passing acumen that they are willing to forego the heart of the scheme, to "make it work" with a Pocket passer.

To get the most from this offense, they NEED a dynamic playmaker first and try not to recruit/play one who doesn't pass very well. Dobbs and Juan Jennings are the types of QB's that can make this offense fire on all cylinders.

You're right....by trying to force Worley to run this zone read, Bajakian is throttling down his offense

I know Dobbs helped the line tremendously but they played halfway decent. They played well enough to give him and Hurd some room to get past the line and make somethibg happen. Proud of the team they could have thrown in the towel.

I know Dobbs helped the line tremendously but they played halfway decent. They played well enough to give him and Hurd some room to get past the line and make somethibg happen. Proud of the team they could have thrown in the towel.

As a testament to the program Butch is building, imagine how a Dooley program would have reacted to 27-0.

There were times where I was fooled on who had the ball last night! Same with the TV cameras. I'd think this is a good thing.

His running didn't fit what they prepared for.

Alabama had all week to prepare for Peterman and Dobbs. They knew Worley was injured and likely not going to play. They know Dodds can run a little bit, they saw him do it last year. Prepared or not, Alabama has the athletes on defense that can adjust quickly. Dobbs added a dimension to our offense that helped us move the ball and score. With him in the game our oline all of the sudden looked serviceable.

Agreed. Had Dobbs not had such an atrocious string of summer practices - in which he literally could not complete three-yard routes - he starts against Utah State.

I've said all year: square peg, round hole.

but will it be a fit ? I wished that Worley had of stayed healthy and let Dobbs get the red shirt in this year,if it is Dobbs the rest of the year,they will plug the line up and make him throw deep to win,of course the quality of teams left on the schedule will go down

VN Store

Back