This Offense

Did we all watch the same game? Wtf is up with this thread, Milton was killing it last night. I’m hopeful for next year. He’s put some touch on his throws when needed and can still launch missiles. If he continues to improve the sky is the limit with an arm like that and his size.

Only 1 team put up more than 31 this year on Clemson and it was in double OT. Only 1 other team put up 31 and that was SC. Milton 19/28, 3/0... We have our QB. I'm excited for Nico, but very excited to see Joe next year!

And SC needed a couple unforced fumbles inside the 20 to set up scores.

There is a reason Vegas favored Clemson by TD. They saw a stout defense going against an unproven QB and a vivid ding QB Gigi h against a perceived bad defense.

Reactions: GAVol21
I saw a lot of improvement in Milton last night. Think he needs to work on his pocket presence and feel the rush quicker. He probably will never be as good as Hooker at scrambling but he can get better and move out sooner.

I thought Joe played well tonight. Really nice touch on the deep ball. He missed a 3rd down to Keyton by throwing low but I thought he handled himself well out there.

Has to get better in the pocket but let’s be honest, besides mop up duty and Vandy, he had very little reps and Clemson’s defense is solid. 31 is nothing to sneeze at. I like what him and Squirrel have developed. That throw to Bru for the first TD….that’s an NFL throw.

I trust the staff to develop him and I think he’ll surprise people next year.
Cam Newton Auburn NC year: 6'5"
245lbs
4.59 40
Joe Milton 2022 into 2023:
6'5"
245lbs
4.6 40
And a cannon of an arm.

We're fortunate Milton played his best game as a vol. I'd like to see him get a little bigger shoulder pads next season and have more designed power runs. I actually think we already try to do that with him, but I'd like to see him get better at it so we can utilize it more. I don't think we should expect him to be good at all the things HH was good at.

There were several 3 and outs and the Vols punted 8 times. Based on the circumstances though….. I’d say the offense played well.
They played poorly on first down last night. Penalties on run plays and odd play calls on passing plays kept them behind the chains in the first half.

Guys we got spoiled with Hendon, We have been waiting for a QB of his quality since Peyton and honestly thats hard to replace...Joe is not Hendon or Peyton but he is his own man and player and we have to respect that he is not going to do the same things that Hendon did...I swear I see some of these posts almost like people are just waiting to pounce on him when he plays a bad game or does something bad...Let Joe be Joe and support him no matter what.

I thought Milton did a good job. Folks seem bent on finding something to hammer him on. Hooker didn't complete every pass, but Milton better or he's trash and needing to be benched ? Some of you watched a different game than I saw.

It appears to me that there are those who jumped on him last year early, have continued a bashing crusade, and are in so deep they can't change course and put crap like this back in play. It would be interesting to see how many of his serial detractors are high volume contributors to the Banks and Martinez bash fests too. They seem to subscribe to the if you say it enough on the internet it must be true theories. Way too many legitimate question opportunities have been converted to trendy assumptive declarative statements. They also seem to gain resolve by running in packs. I now often click on the LIKES to see the complete list of others on obviously divisive by design posts.

Milton played really well. Hooker has completely spoiled this fanbase so fast that the expectations for Milton in 2023 are going to be unfairly high.

VN Store

Back