Today’s press conference

Rocky Top Insider‏
@rockytopinsider
Following Following @rockytopinsider
More
Jones: I thought we did everything we could to win the football game except for one thing: Score TDs in the red zone

:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove:

Yeah, coach, scoring TDs is kind of an important part of the game.

He showed zero passion. He made no mention of the rivalry with Bama and this being the 100th mtg. He had nothing motivational to say. He was tossed nothing but softballs. It was like he was following a script as a robot.

This game will come down to details, specifically our toe technique. How do we position our toes at the line of scrimmage prior to the snap? Are our toes in alignment with the defenders eyes? Where are our toes in relation to the sideline?
Jaytrain, you need to post more like you used to. Volnation is better when you're here.

Reactions: 3 people
Rocky Top Insider‏
@rockytopinsider
More
Jones: I thought we did everything we could to win the football game except for one thing: Score TDs in the red zone

I really didn't think anything of that comment... think you guys are making a mountain out a mole hill. Butch is simply saying that our inability to score in the redzone cost us the game, and it did. Not sure what the fuss is about.

Reactions: 2 people
This game will come down to details, specifically our toe technique. How do we position our toes at the line of scrimmage prior to the snap? Are our toes in alignment with the defenders eyes? Where are our toes in relation to the sideline?

The D lineman have always had their toes one yard away from the ball and Db's will line up 2 yards behind the 1st down marker.

Reactions: 1 person
I really didn't think anything of that comment... think you guys are making a mountain out a mole hill. Butch is simply saying that our inability to score in the redzone cost us the game, and it did. Not sure what the fuss is about.

Exactly. It was a captain obvious moment

Yeah, coach, scoring TDs is kind of an important part of the game.

Would you have rather him dance around the fact that our inability to punch it in cost us the game? Redzone offense is the biggest problem on this team. He's simply acknowledging that.

Reactions: 2 people
Butch is having an orange dog kind of day.

Attachments

• 7E42F20B-DDEE-499A-BDFA-53CD1C9A91AC.jpeg
    7E42F20B-DDEE-499A-BDFA-53CD1C9A91AC.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 3
Rocky Top Insider‏
@rockytopinsider
More

“We did everything we needed to do to get to New York except we didn’t”
J. Bruce Irsmay circa 1912

Reactions: 1 person
Did anyone have the gonads to ask him if he's had discussions about his future at UTK, or something to that effect?

He didn't recruit a blocking tight end and that is a big part of the redzone offense, according to coachdavemathews.

VN Store

Back