Tony B says Butch "got blown up over DeBord"

So it is VN posters that treat it as gospel as opposed to TB going Negrodamus with predictions. I have never listened to his show but have seen his "predictions" posted on VN. Thanks for clarifying.

Tony Basilio is in the Entertainment industry that's what radio is, he's not state run radio so he can say whatever he wants about any of the sports programs on the hill. I think the biggest problem people have with Tony B is he doesn't slob the knob of any coach that walks on the hill and sports orange. The guy tells it how it is and doesn't apologize for it and he shouldn't because its his show, his opinion. On predictions, yea sure he's gotten several wrong but he's also gotten several right when everyone else was saying the opposite. Again most of the problems people have with TB at this point is he's not completely sold on Jones but its his show, his opinion.

Tony Basilio is in the Entertainment industry that's what radio is, he's not state run radio so he can say whatever he wants about any of the sports programs on the hill. I think the biggest problem people have with Tony B is he doesn't slob the knob of any coach that walks on the hill and sports orange. The guy tells it how it is and doesn't apologize for it and he shouldn't because its his show, his opinion. On predictions, yea sure he's gotten several wrong but he's also gotten several right when everyone else was saying the opposite. Again most of the problems people have with TB at this point is he's not completely sold on Jones but its his show, his opinion.

Agreed. Basilio's show is so entertaining because he throws things he hears out on the radio. Its Vol gossip. Its not always true but he doesnt present is gospel. Some people can't handle that and don't understand that it isn't meant to be taken hyper seriously. Its meant to entertain.

Agreed. Basilio's show is so entertaining because he throws things he hears out on the radio. Its Vol gossip. Its not always true but he doesnt present is gospel. Some people can't handle that and don't understand that it isn't meant to be taken hyper seriously. Its meant to entertain.

Yea I mean he's really just a fan that host a show for 2 hours a day and talks about the rumors that state run radio wont report because they are afraid of UT. Its for entertainment purposes only with some seriousness thrown in there. And for the record he did say that all the Gruden stuff was big time BS when all of that was floating around when Ainge and a few others were feeding us that crap.

How long you been hangin' round these here parts son?

He's been here awhile. We've locked horns a few times but I respect someone who has been here as long as he has without changing their screen name to run from their mistakes/errors/embarrassing statements. He's posted solid info and made a few mistakes... like most of us who've been here any length of time.

I agree with the first sentence in your paragraph, entertainment business. He doesn't have to be right and generally more often than not in these coaching search he is wrong. Tony generally gets things right just before Hyams becomes aware of the news. Generally he wraps up his misses in some tin foil conspiracy that his audience will buy. He is the tabloid version of the news when it comes to the Vols, he will give you some juicy bits that happen behind the scenes but he is not a great prognosticator.

I can't help but be nervous when talking about Saban assistants after Dooley and Sal.

Point taken.

Napier got his start under Sweeney though pre- Tajh Boyd and probably would have been further along had he not gotten into spat with Sweeney.

Not saying hire the guy but I can see him being a viable candidate.

VN Store

Back