Tyler Baron to Louisville?

The crazy thing about this one is that Tyler gave up VFL status in his HOMETOWN of Knoxville for what, $100k before taxes? (I picked that figure out of this air).

And he will likely make millions in the NFL so in the end that $100k will mean next to nothing. It just seems so short-sighted to give up VFL status in his hometown. Maybe he hates Knoxville.
I heard Ainge and Swaim talking about this back around New Year's, and Swaim said that Baron is thought to project as an LB in the NFL, so wanted to go somewhere to play LB and not DE. So maybe Louisville (and/or Ole Miss) are giving him that opportunity.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
I heard Ainge and Swaim talking about this back around New Year's, and Swaim said that Baron is thought to project as an LB in the NFL, so wanted to go somewhere to play LB and not DE. So maybe Louisville (and/or Ole Miss) are giving him that opportunity.

Interesting. If true that would help me understand why he made these moves.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
dumb move chasing nickels when millions are on the line.someone gave him bad advice.fortunatly we have many replacements.still wish him well hope he balls out for lousiville,just wont help his draft stock.

Depends on their contract terms. I haven't seen any of these contracts leaked into the wild, so it's hard to know.

One might suspect that money from the NIL collective is paid out on a monthly basis and when they stop performing at one university the NIL money associated with that university cuts off.

NIL deals outside of the collective structure could be structured hundreds of different ways from one time payments to daily payments based on click throughs, merch sales, etc.
I thought nil money was not associated with play on the field? They get it whether they play or not?

I still don't understand why the hell he left UT. He was a high profile defensive starter competing in a top league. He had a straight shot to the NFL. Just don't get it.

Reactions: knox73
Brohm took over a losing program and until recruiting picks up he has few other choices. He is an offensive minded coach that has his fan base excited. My wife's cousin lives near there and her husband is a season ticket holder. So I'm glad Baron chose U of L
Louisville went 8-5 and won a bowl game the year before. Brohm didn’t take over a losing program.

VN Store

Back