UT cross-conference head coach hire?

So Hugh Freeze can change his life, ask God for forgiveness and be accepted into the ministry and eventually the gates of Heaven but the same past transgressions/accusations should keep him from being a football coach?
That is a mighty high standard some of you maintain for a government employee.
His cheating at football is why many don't want him not his off the field behaviors, I think folks could care less if he cheated on his wife with a couple of strippers, I'd say there are at least 70 million that feel that way.

His cheating at football is why many don't want him not his off the field behaviors, I think folks could care less if he cheated on his wife with a couple of strippers, I'd say there are at least 70 million that feel that way.

I’m sorry, by cheating at football you are suggesting that he is paying recruits to attend his school, am I correct? Has he cheated on anything since he rededicated his life to Christ shortly after he resigned from Ole Miss back in the summer of 2017? Do you think that Liberty would honestly allow pay for play to take place?

Oxford is well known for having boosters that do things their way. Some decisions may have been beyond his control. I honestly don’t know the inner workings so I can not speak for what happened at Ole Miss.

I am unaware if you have ever met Coach Freeze or if you are just going off of what you have read but I have a little first hand experience of what it was like to be recruited by him before he became a coach in the SEC. I can tell you first hand I was highly impressed with the man. I met with him both during his time at Lambuth as well as Arkansas State. I had teammates that went on to play for him at both places and continue to speak highly of his character. I don’t believe he cheated in football at either of those two places. He was a man of strong faith, a leader of men and one of the best football coaches I have seen.

I believe he lost his way at Ole Miss and he has had to pay for that. I come from a very conservative home with parents that asked him questions about his faith during the process. If he truly is back to the Old Freeze that we met over 10 years ago Tennessee would be lucky to have him.

So Hugh Freeze can change his life, ask God for forgiveness and be accepted into the ministry and eventually the gates of Heaven but the same past transgressions/accusations should keep him from being a football coach?
That is a mighty high standard some of you maintain for a government employee.
He can be a football coach. I just don’t want to be the one who risks $20 million to see if he’s reformed.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
He can be a football coach. I just don’t want to be the one who risks $20 million to see if he’s reformed.

So you would rather lose than believe that he is a better man today than he was 4 years ago? I can almost guarantee you that he would have more than two wins on the season. He wouldn’t field a team that showed up to play without any motivation or heart. If you are that committed to losing just rewatch the GA state game on repeat for the next 10 years. Otherwise quit bashing the guy and maybe at least with some fan support the administration will give it a shot.

I’m sorry, by cheating at football you are suggesting that he is paying recruits to attend his school, am I correct? Has he cheated on anything since he rededicated his life to Christ shortly after he resigned from Ole Miss back in the summer of 2017? Do you think that Liberty would honestly allow pay for play to take place?

Oxford is well known for having boosters that do things their way. Some decisions may have been beyond his control. I honestly don’t know the inner workings so I can not speak for what happened at Ole Miss.

I am unaware if you have ever met Coach Freeze or if you are just going off of what you have read but I have a little first hand experience of what it was like to be recruited by him before he became a coach in the SEC. I can tell you first hand I was highly impressed with the man. I met with him both during his time at Lambuth as well as Arkansas State. I had teammates that went on to play for him at both places and continue to speak highly of his character. I don’t believe he cheated in football at either of those two places. He was a man of strong faith, a leader of men and one of the best football coaches I have seen.

I believe he lost his way at Ole Miss and he has had to pay for that. I come from a very conservative home with parents that asked him questions about his faith during the process. If he truly is back to the Old Freeze that we met over 10 years ago Tennessee would be lucky to have him.
I've known Bo Wallace his whole life, been friends with his mom and dad since our high school days and all of them swear by him, say he's a great man and I certainly understand that someone can change their ways but his actions within the conference are pretty recent and cost Ole Miss a pretty penny because of it just. As for would Liberty allow him to cheat, I'm gonna say yes.
‘Someone’s Gotta Tell the Freakin’ Truth’: Jerry Falwell’s Aides Break Their Silence

I've known Bo Wallace his whole life, been friends with his mom and dad since our high school days and all of them swear by him, say he's a great man and I certainly understand that someone can change their ways but his actions within the conference are pretty recent and cost Ole Miss a pretty penny because of it just. As for would Liberty allow him to cheat, I'm gonna say yes.
‘Someone’s Gotta Tell the Freakin’ Truth’: Jerry Falwell’s Aides Break Their Silence

I think we all know that Hugh did not act alone. I believe that some of those overly involved boosters that were paying these expenses are also largely at fault for the sanctions and money lost. I understand that he was the head coach and he has to take the responsibility for things going on under his watch but 4 seasons removed from the conference, an apology, and a change of heart looks to me like it would be a proper punishment for his scandal.

Hugh Freeze should get the first call.

None of those coaches you listed are the answer.

Freeze had a huge payroll (cheating) to get his Ole Miss players, not to mention the hookers.

Lol,
Still, remember (live) on NFL draft night that Freeze owed that player's mother money for her house payment... :D

VN Store

Back