Vandy opens at (-4)

Vandy is better than us

Determined by? Even if they are, it is by a small margin, at best, thus the 1 pt given to them. Across most advanced stat sites they are ranked at or below us, actually. Mizzou is top 20 or 30, at worst, according to most analytics.

To say "Vandy is better than us" is very marginal at best and seemingly subjective, since the sharps don't seem to strongly support this.

They have a passer (shurmer) that's started for 3 years and threw for 400 yards on us last year and this year we have freshmen corners recipe for defeat. we do not fare well against good passing teams see WV & Mizzou. Just hoping for timely turnovers and win field position and time of possesion

Reactions: savannahfan
Determined by? Even if they are, it is by a small margin, at best, thus the 1 pt given to them. Across most advanced stat sites they are ranked at or below us, actually. Mizzou is top 20 or 30, at worst, according to most analytics.

To say "Vandy is better than us" is very marginal at best and seemingly subjective, since the sharps don't seem to strongly support this.
If you're trying to say the line has anything to do with the outcome that is ridiculous. What was the line for Mizzou? 7.5? Yet they beat us by 33. Anybody that thinks this won't be a dogfight are out of their mind.

Vandy hasn’t won 3 in a row since the ‘20’s
SpotlessNearCoral-small.gif

Vandy is better than us
better is subjective....they have the same record...they barely beat Tennessee State...lost to Kentucky. We have a better coaching staff....the talent is equal....if the coaches can game plan well for them, we have a chance. Vandy is no Alabama...

TN 59th Vandy 63rd. Vandy is the home team (which all good Vickies discount this week).How does this ranking indicate things will go better? The Vols' performance in relation to Sagarin seems less than perfectly correlated. Help me see what I'm missing.

We mostly got crushed by teams who were way above us in the rankings - as expected. That includes Mizzou, who is #17 (While Auburn is #19 and KY is #38). We really had no business beating Auburn or KY but they matched well with our weaknesses and Pruitt was able to essentially out coach them,. WIth WVU (#11) and Mizzou (#17), we did not have the horses and our weaknesses were a bad match. Pruitt cant overcome that.

On the other hand, in Vandy, we actually get a team that is worse than us. Combined with Pruitt's coaching, we should be way better against Vandy than Mizzou, even though it may be harder to tell that from the W/L records. I expect Pruitt to lead us to a win here and go bowling.

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
Jarrett Stidham is decent... and experienced.

No, he has not met expectations at Auburn by any means. What about Alabama, Florida, South Carolina, and Mizzou? I think the only one of those games we could have won was USC but coaching decisions and play calling took us out of that one.

I think the vols win by at least 14...heres why....Darrell Taylor....go back and look at their losses....they struggle against a good pass rush! im no coach but I feel confident this will be a key to victory...we got to pressure their qb...also they have a decent secondary but I think this is where chandler comes in.... I feel like running the football will be another key to victory...remember....ky destroyed them in the run game...anyways GBO!!!!!

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Vandy's problem is, while they play well, they never actually WIN any games of importance.

Volnation... Lets be real and face the facts. Everyone on our schedule with the exception of three teams are/were better than us. Yes, Vandy is better too. Maybe we can beat them and make this a very good season based on what this team faced and this staff had to work with.

I had a good feeling against MO. That a$$-whoopin has used up all my positive vibes. I just don't see the Vols beating the CommodeDoors. It pains to even type that. 😓

Vegas veing vegas. They are smart. This game will be a pickem type by kickoff. Starts at -4 but bets will take it to a wash.

VN Store

Back