Vandy opens at (-4)

They have a passer (shurmer) that's started for 3 years and threw for 400 yards on us last year and this year we have freshmen corners recipe for defeat. we do not fare well against good passing teams see WV & Mizzou. Just hoping for timely turnovers and win field position and time of possesion
Don’t forget that they run the ball well .

I see us playing a lot better against Vandi than Mizzou. Vandi doesn't have the ability to pick on the defensive backfield as much, and their lines of scrimmage are not as good as Mizzou. Plus, we were coming off a very emotional win against Kentucky and even really good teams have to fight through a possible let down after such a high from a big win. We will rebound, we will go to a bowl game, and we will get some much needed practice time and confidence going into the off-season.

Reactions: monk91384
You know. It's one thing for the historical flagship school in the state to take over your stadium. It's another when Florida or someone else has more fans in your stadium than you do.

Like Bama did Neyland a few weeks back?

The right coach for the Vols won't lose to Vandy or Kentucky. Pruitt is 1/1 so far in that regard (by beating what is probably the best Kentucky team in 40 years), and I expect to see a prepared team taking care of business on Saturday.

I agree with the sentiment, but I don't know if this is the best Kentucky team in 40 years. It certainly is the most overrated team in many years. Hell, even this past weekend, everything that could go right for Kentucky did, and they were still in a battle till the end against MTSU. Their ranking was totally a fabrication of the misguided media.

The right coach for the Vols won't lose to Vandy or Kentucky. Pruitt is 1/1 so far in that regard (by beating what is probably the best Kentucky team in 40 years), and I expect to see a prepared team taking care of business on Saturday.
They could have the Bear as Head Coach, Pruitt defensive coordinator and Peyton Offensive Coordinator and they couldn't win more then 6 games with this mess of a roster. It's a Jimmy's and Joe's thang.

Reactions: sccshortstop
I agree with the sentiment, but I don't know if this is the best Kentucky team in 40 years. It certainly is the most overrated team in many years. Hell, even this past weekend, everything that could go right for Kentucky did, and they were still in a battle till the end against MTSU. Their ranking was totally a fabrication of the misguided media.

Yeah, I added "probably" because I was too lazy to do the research at the moment. I "probably" should've left that part out. :) It is a pretty rare Kentucky team just to have some defense and a running game, though.

Regardless, we're better than Vanderbilt and I think we have a coach that can demonstrate that on the field.

Reactions: volgrad500
Can I start the thread about all those stupid vols fans wearing black? Lets be honest, vandy has 4 fans.

Sure you can! Oh, wait! I already did.

You can be the first to start a thread about how Vol fans took over Dudley Field with all the Orange.

Ah, the irony.

Last edited:
KY didn’t have a decent senior qb who could complete a forward pass...we struggle with those. Vandy can score. We need reappearance of OL/DL, and we’ll be fine. For some reason, I more fear the gash plays over their ability to consistently drive down field on us.

Sure you can! Oh, wait! I already did.

You can be the first to start a thread about how Vol fans took over Dudley Field with all the Orange.

Ah, the irony.
The same dumba...s that need someone else to tell them what to wear while attending an event in which they purchased the ticket?

Reactions: Offset Eye
The same dumba...s that need someone else to tell them what to wear while attending an event in which they purchased the ticket?

Exactly! You got it now!

Actually, it's just common damn sense. Some people have it, and some... well, you know. Look, I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you. But, you do you. It's ok. I am not upset that we disagree. It happens.

Reactions: volfannbama
Vandy plays solid and doesn't give up many long plays, hopefully turnovers favor us and maybe a blocked punt or kick. My mind says Vandy by 14, but my heart says Vols by 6. GBO!

VN Store

Back