Vols Practice Thread #10

His knee is still bothering him from his injury last week. If you’ve have a knee injury, it tests your concentration because of fear of hyperextension again. I’m hoping it’s not serious..
i don't think they would have let him participate "full go" today if it was serious. but i agree, you go out and start running, you're probably hoping not to "feel anything" in the back of your mind.

and he's just not played or practiced in about a year.

Reactions: Evergrenevol
Jennings is a gamer he’ll be alright. Him and callaway are the two receivers I’m least worried about come game time. Nice to hear younger guys are stepping up though!

Reactions: Volanta
-Nathanael Rutherford

Not a good sign for LaTrell Bumphus.
didn't he get moved to like OG or something? or was that Crosby? can't remember. i don't think LB's prospects for playing TE were all that great from the jump iirc.

Gotta work on their hand eye coordination, +those guys need to work on the jugs as much as possible too. Receivers are like shooters in b-ball, their streaky. Once they get a collectively good practice under their belts they should gain some confidence. Confidence can do wonders for a receiver.
JJ having issues may be affecting the guys as well, they all feed off him imo.

Mike Leach used to shoot tennis balls at their ears at 80 miles per hour without the helmet on. That makes it easier to pick up a football coming your way.

Reactions: TrueVolsGBOInsider
didn't he get moved to like OG or something? or was that Crosby? can't remember. i don't think LB's prospects for playing TE were all that great from the jump iirc.

You could be correct, but I haven't read that. Either way, he is not getting mentioned.

Idk what to make of these reports. What can you really take away from watching 6-7 minutes of practice? Hell, Jauan could be knocking the rust off and have a terrific rest of practice.

I've learned to take these reports with a grain of salt.

Yeah, I really enjoy seeing the footage but I'm the same way.
You know how basketball teams have shoot around before a game and do some lay ups, stretching, and walk thru? I feel like that's what the media is allowed to see and they're trying to make huge statements from that limited exposure. Whether negative or positive, I typically disregard their opinions.

You could be correct, but I haven't read that. Either way, he is not getting mentioned.
maybe moved DL? i can't remember. could be making it up as i go at this point. people get moved around a lot. either way, i think at best he's 3rd on the depth chart at TE. he's 6'3", so he's not as tall as either of the guys in front of him, and size wise, i'm not sure they think he can be any more of a help as a blocker than the other two. if he is still a TE on the depth chart, i'd expect he'll see the field at some point just because of the way i think this staff wants to rotate guys. just not sure he'll be a big contributor, as you said.

I don't think you can make much about what they are saying with what they get to see...
CJP does not want anything getting out..He is controlling the narrative with what he shoiws them...
WE gonna be aight....
GBO

U can have first if u want, I'm not 12 years old and could care less.

Bwaa-ha-ha, just pulling your chain UT-Rex and I am 1st. Nanana-boo-boo, stick your head in doo-doo.

Btw, I think Fant will make a better TE/H-back/FB than RB and/or WR

Kinda sounds like you do care, but it seems like he was saying he as second.

Definitely sucks to hear we are still seeing all the drops. I guess I don't fully understand the injury that JJ had. Seems like its taken forever to get over.
He reinjured himself in practice. With a hyperextension. Which suck, hyperextended my knee in Baseball one year and it caused a micro tear in my PCL. Either way even without creating tears they don't feel good one bit. The ligaments usually need a week to heal back all the way.

maybe moved DL? i can't remember. could be making it up as i go at this point. people get moved around a lot. either way, i think at best he's 3rd on the depth chart at TE. he's 6'3", so he's not as tall as either of the guys in front of him, and size wise, i'm not sure they think he can be any more of a help as a blocker than the other two. if he is still a TE on the depth chart, i'd expect he'll see the field at some point just because of the way i think this staff wants to rotate guys. just not sure he'll be a big contributor, as you said.

He has the frame to move to the OL or DL, but he would have to gain some weight. He played DE also in high school, so that may be a position of the future.

what, you don't go to the movies, watch 10 minutes, leave and go write a review? amateur.
I mean if that's the metaphor, the game would be the movie and these would be the trailers before the movie. We're not paying to see these and we're not fans for the practice clips. We're watching these as a preview of the movie to get excited.

I mean if that's the metaphor, the game would be the movie and these would be the trailers before the movie. We're not paying to see these and we're not fans for the practice clips. We're watching these as a preview of the movie to get excited.
Fair enough

VN Store

Back