Vols Practice Thread #10

-Nathanael Rutherford

Not a good sign for LaTrell Bumphus.

I believe it's too early to say that, and based on too little info. I recall he flashed special qualities a bit last year, as a freshman.

My counter-hypothesis is that we might be pleasantly surprised at our TE depth, but they are mostly young right now and reps spread around between numerous guys. We'll know more after game 3.

Jennings is the type of player you tell to run a go route in the game and feel certain he will catch it. The dude is the definition of a gamer. He will be fine imo if he’s healthy.

Keep in mind, this is 10 minutes at the beginning of practice. Watching a warmup isn’t going to tell you anything about this team.

Reactions: clayton10
He’s coming off an injury and hasn’t played ball in a long time. We already know what type of player Jennings is so worry about something else lol
Seriously. Let's all worry about the only WR on offense who is a proven playmaker, lol

Can not even put UT in the same quote as "Wide Receiver U". That disappeared 15 years ago for us.
You can say that again. It’s embarrassing to even hear someone refer to it for this program. Need at least a decade of great play and several early round WR draft picks to even get back into the conversation.

Reactions: Alto1
-Nathanael Rutherford

Not a good sign for LaTrell Bumphus.

That's exactly the guy I was wondering about. That boy looks like an NFL pro bowler trotting out on the field. Is he healthy, being non-reportdd, hidden in the open part of practice, or good forbid not very good? Thought he was catching on last season and may produce this year.

It's just reporters, so I'll withold any opinion.

You can say that again. It’s embarrassing to even hear someone refer to it for this program. Need at least a decade of great play and several early round WR draft picks to even get back into the conversation.

Well, to be fair. We could have had Rice, Moss, TO, and Irvin last season and still went 5-7. For much of this Decade of Despair our OLs and QBs have been atrocious. I think we'll have a really good group of WR starters and depth this year. Now the rest of the O, who knows.

Reactions: BLUTickbusdriver
It feels like Bain has been in the program since the dawn of time. It would be a real pleasant surprise to see him come on and contribute this late in his career.

Reactions: VolsnRavens
Jugs machine and consequences for the entire WR group for drops by individual WRs imho. Drops are a the result of a lack focus/concentration.

I agree.

WR coach needs to get someone's attention! A little over 2 weeks till season starts and still too many drops not good...………..

Why is DKjr taking limited reps? Is he injured in some way or are they just being careful with him?

We need him healthy this year.

Why is DKjr taking limited reps? Is he injured in some way or are they just being careful with him?

We need him healthy this year.
Agree we need him back healthy. I dont think there has been any reports of him injuring himself. Hopefully its preventative and they are easing him back into practice after getting a lot of scrimmage reps on Sunday.

While as a fan I'd love to have more information coming out of camp, you've got to respect the difference between how Pruitt has it controlled and how Jones didn't. Reporters get 7 minutes? LOL... That's what? Just enough for them to say they went to practice so they can turn in their daily story?

Jugs machine and consequences for the entire WR group for drops by individual WRs imho. Drops are a the result of a lack focus/concentration.
Or... recruiting a bunch of guys who can't catch. Hope that's not it.

Imo, we already know what Jennings, Callaway and Johnson can do. So the best news out of fall camp, once again imo, is the progress of Jordan Murphy and potential of Cedric Tillman. I'm thinking UT will be fine at WR. My biggest worry is whether or not the QB or QBs can make the right reads and throws, on time and in the right spots.

Reactions: Pacer92 and rjd970

VN Store

Back