Vols Practice Thread #10

His knee is still bothering him from his injury last week. If you’ve had a knee injury, it tests your concentration because of fear of hyperextension again. I’m hoping it’s not serious..
He has got to work through it if u shut him down how are u gonna knock off the rust he needs this to move on from it. Its not about being a practice hero he has got to get his feet under him

If you were WV coaches what would your defensive game plan be? I sure they are listening to these reports and they sell out for the run. We will scorch them in the air... Bet on it.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
If you were WV coaches what would your defensive game plan be? I sure they are listening to these reports and they sell out for the run. We will scorch them in the air... Bet on it.
My guess is that they won't be "tricked". If I were them, I'd watch what Helton did as OC at WKU. I've watched a little bit of his last year there after Helton says Brohm began to turn the O over more to him. But it still comes down to play calling and execution. I really like Brohm and wanted him for HC. If Helton brings Brohm's philosophy and playcalling to UT... He's going to be really good. UT has more talent than those WKU teams... that were top 20 in several offensive categories nationally. But the Vols in some ways are similar personnel wise on O from a size and skill set perspective.

Interesting that they're trying Fant at TE again.
I don’t think it’s for him to play TE...he’s not the size they want there. More to pick up the blocking and receiving aspects for use at FB. They’re doing the same with Pope and Blakeley. I keep thinking they have some unique use for Fant in mind...kind of a multiplayer role. JMO

Or... recruiting a bunch of guys who can't catch. Hope that's not it.
True. We know Palmer can’t catch anything, but, conversely, we know Johnson and Callaway definitely can. Just no excuse for guys at this level not catching everything thrown to them in what is essentially warmups.

Why all the slippage in the one drill?

Note the blackish turf there. It's made that way on purpose for this drill that works the guys footwork as they come off the hit/block etc....watch the surface as they do the drill and note all the material that comes up of the shoes during the cut.

;)

so...we still don't know who's going to start at any position?...work in progress with game-time inching closer...gonna be interesting...:)

GO VOLS!

I would imagine most humans need a little time to warm up. Watching a practice report from 7 minutes at the beginning of a 2 hour practice just doesn’t give me enough sampling size to worry myself to death about receivers dropping balls.

On 9/1 if guys have balls hitting the grass left and right...then that’s when I’ll say: “gone be a long season fellas”

Reactions: Volatility
Idk what to make of these reports. What can you really take away from watching 6-7 minutes of practice? Hell, Jauan could be knocking the rust off and have a terrific rest of practice.

I've learned to take these reports with a grain of salt.

I agree. For this first game, the unknowns greatly favor us. Why not have JJ drop passes for 6-7 minutes of the open part of practice? (And have drone hunters with Remington 1100's on top of the buildings). WV will not have a clue what to practice for, except what CJP gives them. I love it!

so...we still don't know who's going to start at any position?...work in progress with game-time inching closer...gonna be interesting...:)

GO VOLS!

Trey Smith starts at offensive lineman.. bank it. for whatever reason it's being a closely guarded secret during camp.

I would imagine most humans need a little time to warm up. Watching a practice report from 7 minutes at the beginning of a 2 hour practice just doesn’t give me enough sampling size to worry myself to death about receivers dropping balls.

On 9/1 if guys have balls hitting the grass left and right...then that’s when I’ll say: “gone be a long season fellas”

Agree. We hear these kind of reports most every year. I don’t think it’s anything to get tore up about...

I don’t think it’s for him to play TE...he’s not the size they want there. More to pick up the blocking and receiving aspects for use at FB. They’re doing the same with Pope and Blakeley. I keep thinking they have some unique use for Fant in mind...kind of a multiplayer role. JMO
i'll buy that.

VN Store

Back