WATE reporting TSR to shut down

This really sucks! Being out of state they are the only ones I can listen to. Are there anymore stations that do podcast of their shows in Knoxville??

Reactions: 3 people
Really going to miss that Citizens Nat'l Bank commercial. Cuz banking never felt so good.

Ainge was really good when he was talking game strategy. I'll miss that and Swain. It's really going to suck losing that connection to Knoxville because I want no parts of the Doc, Jeff, and Heather show.

You guys can listen to The Tony Basilio show out of the area on the Internet. He also has a app on the phones.......Yoshi He Ho Brudder!

Knoxville sports talk radio is the absolute worst in the entire nation. Everyone has their own show and they all sound like they are broadcasting from a broom closet.

Reactions: 4 people
As a former radio guy, I truly hate to hear stories like this. The reason I got out of the business was because I was too chicken, and terrified I was going to be canned every time a ratings book came out.
A few of those guys have real talent, and I wish them the best of luck.

Reactions: 1 person
@ErikAinge3: I have loved getting to know Vol Nation. We are more than a jersey # and yall are more than an orange dot in the crowd @JayBayTSR Thank You

@ErikAinge3: TSR Rolls through August 29th. Let's have some Damn fun! See yall in the am. I have pee wee football plays to draw up!

Reactions: 5 people
This really sucks! Being out of state they are the only ones I can listen to. Are there anymore stations that do podcast of their shows in Knoxville??

There's a sports animal app. No podcasts but it live streams.

I liked some of their shows, but it was to inconsistent for me. Dave Hooker was pretty good, but Ainge spent to much time joking around. Sad, because I think they had a niche they could have really exploited and their inside info was pretty good.

Also, their Android App crashed way to much for me. Every 2 minutes the darn this crashed on my Samsung S4.

Oh well, back to listening to Basilio.

If any of you follow swain on twitter check his account. There's some major hinting going on that some of them will be moving to an fm channel.

Yes, I agree! Jay Bay should have spent more time running his business rather than running his mouth on the Ainge show.

I quit listening altogether except for Swain's show. Hopefully Swain will land a new gig somewhere else in Knoxville radio.

Totally agree about Bailey. Ainge's show was fantastic until Bailey grabbed a pair of headphones and a mic. I gave it two weeks and just couldn't tolerate that stupidity any longer.

Reactions: 2 people
Well dang, Living in Texas just got a little worse. I was getting jacked up to hear the practice reports and game breakdowns. What's next? Thank you Freak for the vol talk I get on a daily basis.

I was just sent this on Twitter: "DperiodLperiod: @wkey007 @ErikAinge3 @jcoffman2000 a publicity stunt. They'll launch 2 stations in sept. Assuming a vol one &general sports one. Can't wait" Hope this is true!:)

I listened everyday. Ainge, Treece, and Swain were super, even if they did get sidetracked every now and then.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back