WATE reporting TSR to shut down

Come on. The dang station does not come in half the time. I try listening to Ainge, but you really have to like listening to Erik Ainge talk about Erik Ainge. I bet Phillips is wishing he didn't leave WBIR.

Reactions: 3 people
Man, I hate to hear this. Many times, i have bashed the juvenile stuff on EA which was mainy due to JayBay. EA show has gotten better...X's/O's, taking more callers as of late......so I hate to see it go. I hope EA and Swain get hooked up with another on air gig.(no Jaybay). Going to miss it.

Bad karma happens when you force someone off the radio, then go behind their back and try to take their advertisers.

Reactions: 1 person
they should forget a traditional radio dial frequency and go all internet podcast & app based!

Ehh, that's viable if you have the money to take that risk (ultimately though, that's where I think radio is going), but I'd be willing to bet that TSR was almost totally supported through ad money, and an app or podcast isn't going to bring in the ad revenue that traditional radio will.

Besides, I'd imagine there will be another sports talk station that will pop up soon and most of those guys will land there.

I don't understand how the Oskie people could make them shutdown? I thought JayBay owned the station and it has to be making money with all the advertising. What's the deal?

It never turned a profit, even with the advertisers.

This has been in the works for 3-4 months, wasn't a surprise to anybody at the station.

This is all one big publicity stunt by them and they did it great. They're launching two stations in September, day after the first UT game. One station I'm assuming is going to be dedicated to Vols and the other to general sports.

Technically they're not lying TSR will be gone, they'll just rename it. Kind of a Richard move that they wont tell people that's what's going on, but it's def generating a buzz.

Reactions: 2 people
So our only option for Tennessee sports in the morning is Doc Jeff and Heather and the poor stuttering guy that calls in there all the time?.....Damn

This is all one big publicity stunt by them and they did it great. They're launching two stations in September, day after the first UT game. One station I'm assuming is going to be dedicated to Vols and the other to general sports.

Technically they're not lying TSR will be gone, they'll just rename it. Kind of a Richard move that they wont tell people that's what's going on, but it's def generating a buzz.

Swain quote states the new stations will play oldies and comedy? Is he lying for publicity?

Any information that this is for publicity other than your opinion?

Neither of their new stations will have a sports format, based on what has been put out to advertisers.

Reactions: 3 people
So our only option for Tennessee sports in the morning is Doc Jeff and Heather and the poor stuttering guy that calls in there all the time?.....Damn

I wish they had minute by minute ratings. If they did the execs at the Sports Animal would see a ratings nose dive when Roger calls.

Thanks for the info DeerPark.
Did they get to big to quick or paying host too much or what?
Just seems like they had a loyal, fast growing fan base and some big name sponsors. What happened if you know?

VN Store

Back