WATE reporting TSR to shut down

I imagine that swain and Ainge will get picked up. I think Bailey spent his retirement on making the station so I would hope he gets done sort if buyout.

Reactions: 1 person
I listen every day on the app. This is not good news for me! I enjoy listening to anyone talk about the Vols if they are pro UT!

Reactions: 4 people
it's not hard to jump to another station if you are worth a flip. Hell, George Plaster did it in Nashville and he sucks.
If they are smart about it, they can go in promising an uptick in listeners and have some leverage. Even bid out a couple of stations against each other. If they need to change times, then change.

And yet Basillio is still here. Hopefully Knoxville will realize he is the ONLY viable alternative and start supporting his show and advertisers.

Reactions: 8 people
I don't understand how the Oskie people could make them shutdown? I thought JayBay owned the station and it has to be making money with all the advertising. What's the deal?

Reactions: 1 person
Clay Travis + Eric Ainge = one hell of a radio show

EA would continue trying to baffle his listeners with his thorough knowledge of football while also getting off-subject to ramble all the while Clay finds a way to poke fun at someone

Last edited:
I enjoyed the EA show from time to time a listened to swain all the time so that kind of sucks back to jimmy for the afternoon drive :rolleyes:

this is really bad news....do not care for the sports animal and being in northern VA....not many options

I really liked Swain hope he finds another job in sports media.
Ainge and JayBey I think got too carried away from time to time but I did like them on during the season

They aren't going anywhere guys... this is a publicity stunt. They are actually expanding. Take a deep and stay calm.

Reactions: 5 people
They aren't going anywhere guys... this is a publicity stunt. They are actually expanding. Take a deep and stay calm.

From - Tennessee Sports Radio going off the air

Former Tennessee wide receiver Jayson Swain hosts "The Swain Event" on Tennessee Sports Radio.

"We kinda knew that it was going to happen so we've been reaching out and looking for some other things to do so we can land on our feet," explained Swain.

Swain says the new stations will bring listeners oldies and comedy.

Oldies and Comedy :ermm:

Reactions: 2 people
This really sucks for us that live outta state, and need our vol fix daily, i love every show, everyone brings something different. This station was a god send to me.. except seth stokes, god i hated hearing his voice... so now what the hell am i gonna listen to, to get my vol fix???

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back